PDA

View Full Version : PORTUGAL Weather

grath
04-06-2017, 18:46
Hey Guys, is anybody at Foz do Arelho or Peniche?
We were there last week and it was overcast most of the time, and the weather forecast we have seen is pretty similar for the next week, however, it did look good today!
Everywhere else, is wall to wall sunshine, and we have been basking.
So any updates would be much appreciated, but only in the areas requested.
Thanks!
Oh met some Wilders, Bigtree, (Trevor) and Bargeman! Great to meet you guys!

grath
10-06-2017, 07:09
Hey Guys, is anybody at Foz do Arelho or Peniche?
We were there last week and it was overcast most of the time, and the weather forecast we have seen is pretty similar for the next week, however, it did look good today!
Everywhere else, is wall to wall sunshine, and we have been basking.
So any updates would be much appreciated, but only in the areas requested.
Thanks!
Oh met some Wilders, Bigtree, (Trevor) and Bargeman! Great to meet you guys!

Well, it just goes to show you can't trust weather forecasts! The one we use is usually pretty accurate, but this time it keeps showing cloud over this immediate area and guess what? The weather is great, although just a few miles away the cloud is there!
Anyway, we arrived at Foz do Arelho a few days ago, to an almost empty aire, Bigtree (wilder) arrived the next day and we are both staying put as it is a holiday weekend and is now rammed! But what a view and tonight there is a water precession by the small fishing boats!
Much less wind here than Porto Covo and parked up right adjacent to the beach!

moonshadow
10-06-2017, 07:31
We love going to Foz d'Arelho, we were there for Easter last year, jam packed solid but really friendly.

carol
10-06-2017, 07:39
We love going to Foz d'Arelho, we were there for Easter last year, jam packed solid but really friendly.

Must remember that one for next year!

IanH
10-06-2017, 10:25
Foz is good, we were there in April

Won't (ever) forget the salt preserved spatchkocked pig heads, complete with ears and eyes, in the local market, worth waiting for!!

Nearly brought one home for a cheffy mate to try out in his new toy,,,,,,,,,,sous vide cooker!! Mrs H wouldn't let me.
:cry:

Deleted user 21925
10-06-2017, 10:39
Foz is good, we were there in April

Won't (ever) forget the salt preserved spatchkocked pig heads, complete with ears and eyes, in the local market, worth waiting for!!

Nearly brought one home for a cheffy mate to try out in his new toy,,,,,,,,,,sous vide cooker!! Mrs H wouldn't let me.
:cry:

I'm liking the looks of those cookers!

Sous Vide Immersion Circulators & Precision Cookers | Anova Culinary (https://anovaculinary.com/store/?bluetooth&country=GB&gclid=CNnZtsKKs9QCFUGNGwodfaUO5Q)

Perfect for pre-cooked meals to take away in the van, and I already have a vacuum sealer.

IanH
10-06-2017, 11:38
I'm liking the looks of those cookers!

Sous Vide Immersion Circulators & Precision Cookers | Anova Culinary (https://anovaculinary.com/store/?bluetooth&country=GB&gclid=CNnZtsKKs9QCFUGNGwodfaUO5Q)

Perfect for pre-cooked meals to take away in the van, and I already have a vacuum sealer.

Hi Rob

Dont know which one he has, can find out, but it cost circa 100pounds, incl the vacuum bagger i think.

He,s delighted with it!

Bw
IanH

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS