PDA

View Full Version : 10th,11th & 12th of july Lincs coast

simong
18-06-2009, 14:41
well finally able to pin down a weekend to get away, friday 10th to sunday 12th of july, and just wondered if anyone would like to go the same weekend. We're going to Huttoft and should be there around 6-6:30pm all being well, hopefully getting a few hours lead chucking done( commonly know as sea fishing :D ) if I can get some bait that is

Yogihughes
18-06-2009, 14:49
Do you mean at the Jolly Common Park Si?

simong
18-06-2009, 14:57
no can't go there with having kids, at the car terrace, nice sea views, cheap rates :D

nichodia
18-06-2009, 19:27
I wouldn't mind coming out for the sat night..
Di

kimbowbill
18-06-2009, 21:22
i'm away up Northumberland that week but might join you on the saturday/sunday

j

Chrissy
20-06-2009, 10:16
no can't go there with having kids, at the car terrace, nice sea views, cheap rates :D

Hi there

I think hubby and I can get away that weekend :D and it would be very nice to try somewhere different.

It's a maybe probably definite for us :rolleyes:

Can we get more details of location as we've never been down that way to stay.

Cheers Chrissy

simong
22-06-2009, 19:19
Hi there

I think hubby and I can get away that weekend :D and it would be very nice to try somewhere different.

Cheers Chrissylovely, the more the merrier, I'll put details up where it is so you can find it

simong
22-06-2009, 19:56
link to google map (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/mm?q=huttoft&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hl=en&ll=53.282192,0.311233&spn=0.001556,0.003455&t=h&z=18&saddr=mablethorpe&daddr=huttoft+car+terrace+%4053.281958135798384,0. 31081438064575195&geocode=%3BFaYELQMdHr4EAA)
You'll see "wild camping 10th-12th of july meet" on the left hand column

from sutton on sea

Head southwest on A52/High St toward Evergreen Walk 390 ft
2. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A52/Station Rd Continue to follow A52 1.0 mi
3. Sharp left at Sea Ln 0.3 mi
4. Sea Ln turns slightly right and becomes Roman Bank 1.6 mi
5. Turn left at Sea Ln
(all shown on the google map)

it's the first left after the main part of the golf course when coming from sutton on sea along roman bank, it is sign posted at the turn off for the terrace

sat nav

LN13 9RR

53" 16' 56m N
0" 18' 34m E

Chrissy
23-06-2009, 07:28
Thanks for the directions Simon we will see you on the Friday night - we may travel down on the Thursday night :eek: :cool: - do you happen to know anywhere between Leeds and Huttoft for a 1 nighter??? Anyone Else know ???

Chrissy

NorfolkanGood
23-06-2009, 08:36
We'd be interested in coming along. I was sorry to miss the Whitby meet.
This is about 100 mile closer for us!
I'll keep an eye on the thread.

Old_Arthur
23-06-2009, 12:32
Thanks for the directions Simon we will see you on the Friday night - we may travel down on the Thursday night :eek: :cool: - do you happen to know anywhere between Leeds and Huttoft for a 1 nighter??? Anyone Else know ???

Chrissy

try good old cleggy (cleethorpes )side of railway station:D then travel down coast road
had a lot of gud one niters there when i was a lad ?the purple onion any one remember it:o:eek::D

simong
23-06-2009, 16:57
We'd be interested in coming along. I was sorry to miss the Whitby meet.
This is about 100 mile closer for us!
I'll keep an eye on the thread.your more than welcome to come up, should be plenty of space( famous last words lol )

simong
05-07-2009, 17:38
just thought I'd bump this up the page a little, just in case of any other little problems

NorfolkanGood
05-07-2009, 18:19
just thought I'd bump this up the page a little, just in case of any other little problems

Ah, glad you did, simon :) I was wondering if it was still on.

Is the car terrace hard standing or grass. ...can't tell from the map? I was hoping to put up an awning. Would that be a problem, there?

Old_Arthur
05-07-2009, 18:20
simon we use this place a lot ;) if you pull out of there and turn left and go into anderby creek there is a little club on the right on the main road,good company and beer, fair food and a big kiddys room on the back

Old_Arthur
05-07-2009, 18:22
Ah, glad you did, simon :) I was wondering if it was still on.

Is the car terrace hard standing or grass. ...can't tell from the map? I was hoping to put up an awning. Would that be a problem, there?
it's concrete straight on to the beach mog eye is grass if there are going to be a few vans there this may be better for you only a few hundred yards away it as picnic tables and you can put up awnings and wind breakers must be worth a look you don't have dog walkers in and out all the time.
BEWARE THE WITCH THOUGH IN HER BLUE SKODA

Chrissy
06-07-2009, 09:48
Hi there

Cheers Chrissy

Hey peeps, we can only make it for the Saturday evening now cos his boss is wont let him take the hols :mad:

NorfolkanGood
09-07-2009, 08:34
All being well, we will trundle in Saturday afternoon. We have family party on the Friday night.
It's our first Wild Camp meet so please say hello if you see our van cos we won't know any of you :)

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm98/Lisa-Lane/wildBetty.jpg

Chrissy
09-07-2009, 08:41
All being well, we will trundle in Saturday afternoon. We have family party on the Friday night.
It's our first Wild Camp meet so please say hello if you see our van cos we won't know any of you :)

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm98/Lisa-Lane/wildBetty.jpg

Hi ev1 can someone please confirm where we will be meeting as I am a little confused :confused: now (that's not difficult :eek:) as to where exactly we are heading for and am feeling insecure :o about missing where you will be - exact location would be really good - postcode would be fantastic. PM me if you don't want to post the actual postcode - cheers :o
Chrissy

Old_Arthur
09-07-2009, 10:26
hi chrissy, LN13 9RN huttoft this will take you to jolly common lane then its about 1/4 mile to the beach its sign posted well :D enjoy

simong
09-07-2009, 11:43
Hi guys, as long as you can find the roman bank road, then like Arthur said, it's well sign posted, if you don't see us parked up saturday don't worry we'll have just nipped into skeggy with the kids and getting some shopping in

Chrissy
09-07-2009, 12:20
hi chrissy, LN13 9RN huttoft this will take you to jolly common lane then its about 1/4 mile to the beach its sign posted well :D enjoy

Ta muchly :)

NorfolkanGood
12-07-2009, 13:12
Well, we turned up Saturday afternoon 4pm ish, as planned. Parked approx the middle of the terrace facing the sea. Had a cuppa whilst my daughter played on the sand then went for a walk along the terrace.
I saw several vans there, got chatting with a few motorhomers. But none had heard of this site or the meet.
Since this was our first meet I was hoping maybe someone would say hi to us, because we obviously didn't know any of you or your vans. But nothing.

So, after a few hours we gave up and drove inland to stay overnight at the Robin Hood camp site.
Bit disappointing for a 'meet'. I don't know if anyone else from the site was actually there?

simong
12-07-2009, 14:01
we was there until about 7pm yesterday, but had to come back as one of the kids felt ill, but we had 1 member come up to us all the time we was there, plenty of vans passed us and we don't exactly blend in with the rest of the sea of white campers in a big blue transit with a black strip down the side of it lol

nichodia
12-07-2009, 17:17
I went along yesterday early evening as I live locally (SWB Master with big roofrack) and there were a few vans there but i was loath to approach people I have never met before (being on my own). Perhaps this just re enforces the need for stickers or a meet banner of some sort. I was a bit disapointed. I think I must have got there after you left simong because there was definately no blue van there. Shame.

kimbowbill
12-07-2009, 23:01
hi all

i got there around 9 ish on the saturday, drove all the way from Northumberland to me you all, i think i went a bit further on to Mog eye, where Chrissy and Stever were, i've now got a big orange sticker saying Kimbobil (couldnt fit th w and L in):) maybe we should organise another meet and we all stick to the same spot, loved the place btw, its cool, sorry i missed you all, we should arrange another one

Chrissy
13-07-2009, 07:21
we was there until about 7pm yesterday, but had to come back as one of the kids felt ill, but we had 1 member come up to us all the time we was there, plenty of vans passed us and we don't exactly blend in with the rest of the sea of white campers in a big blue transit with a black strip down the side of it lol

Mornin - we went along on Saturday, arrived about 5:30pm (I think) and introduced ourselves to Simon - unfortunately it was pretty windy and we had 3 young children and 3 small dogs with us :eek: :eek: :eek: so after chatting to Simon we went to Mog Eye (the next bay) which is much more sheltered. Both bays are fantastic and although it took us hours to get there we will definately go again. We have a big yellow number plate print in the front of our van saying CHRISSY so no mistaking us but we were only at Huttoft for about half an hour.

With regards to your van Norfolkangood, with no disrespect, it's a white van and they all look the same :eek: unless you tell peeps any differently such as when we first met Kimbobil :D I told her we had an old Bedford CF coachbuilt with yellow and brown go faster stripes so that she could easily recognise us and we had only just parked up when she introduced herself. I would have happily introduced ourselves to you if I had known where / whether you were there. We were in the middle, three young kids playing in front and we walked the dogs a little, coming across a gorgeous huge dog towards the end near the big digger.

Anyway the spots were fab :) so if you get chance you should try.
Fanks
Chrissy

Chrissy
13-07-2009, 07:27
I went along yesterday early evening as I live locally (SWB Master with big roofrack) and there were a few vans there but i was loath to approach people I have never met before (being on my own). Perhaps this just re enforces the need for stickers or a meet banner of some sort. I was a bit disapointed. I think I must have got there after you left simong because there was definately no blue van there. Shame.

Hi there, really really really not being funny, but what is an SWB Master - is SWB short wheel base? - what colour is it, any distinguishing features apart from the roof rack? I saw a big yellow van with a big roof rack (I think) ????

A few peeps have got these number plates made up and one member has had some Wild Camper stickers made up but is on hols at the mo.

NorfolkanGood
13-07-2009, 09:19
With regards to your van Norfolkangood, with no disrespect, it's a white van and they all look the same :eek: unless you tell peeps any differently
Chrissy

Chrissy, we anticipated this problem and that is why earlier in this thread I actually posted a picture of our van so people would recognise us. Alongside the picture I wrote the message:

"All being well, we will trundle in Saturday afternoon.
It's our first Wild Camp meet so please say hello if you see our van cos we won't know any of you"

I don't think I could have been any clearer than that.

Also, as has also been mentioned it is very awkward for a newby to approach strangers on a beach car park to identify yourself. Especially, if like our party it's two women and an 8 year old girl....!
However, I'm not backward at coming forward, and I did ask several other vanners if they were from the group but got negative response.
It hasn't deterred me from future meets, though I think some organisation wouldn't have gone amiss. The stickers are a solution but I keep checking the thread and seeing no sign yet of them being available.

We travelled 220 miles round trip for this opportunity to meet up with members of the group so I was somewhat disappointed. But, fortunately it was not a completely wasted trip. We had a great night in the Robin Hood camp site, thanx to a cheap bar and the Karaoke machine :)

Chrissy
13-07-2009, 15:40
Chrissy, we anticipated this problem and that is why earlier in this thread I actually posted a picture of our van so people would recognise us. Alongside the picture I wrote the message:

It's our first Wild Camp meet so please say hello if you see our van cos we won't know any of you"

Also, as has also been mentioned it is very awkward for a newby to approach strangers on a beach car park to identify yourself. Especially, if like our party it's two women and an 8 year old girl....!
However, I'm not backward at coming forward, and I did ask several other vanners if they were from the group but got negative response.
It hasn't deterred me from future meets, though I think some organisation wouldn't have gone amiss. The stickers are a solution but I keep checking the thread and seeing no sign yet of them being available.

We travelled 220 miles round trip for this opportunity to meet up with members of the group so I was somewhat disappointed. But, fortunately it was not a completely wasted trip. We had a great night in the Robin Hood camp site, thanx to a cheap bar and the Karaoke machine :)

Hi Alyssa, not havin a go :eek: - we also travelled the 210 miles round trip for a meet but we immediately found Simon who organised it as his big blue van is very recognisable from his profile picture. As he told us no one else had introduced themselves I gathered no one else had arrived at that time (5:30 to 6ish).

It would have been great to meet up with other members - we're new by the way, only had a van since April. Simon's pretty new here too so none of us are experts. If you're interested, I will organise one for the same area in a few weeks if we can work out a weekend that suits all? Kimbobil will probably come as she would like to visit again and we meet up with Jenny on a regular basis now - probably Mog Eye where we stayed as you have the seclusion but are only a few feet away from the beach. Anyone who is interested would also be welcome - I believe Old Arthur frequents there sometimes :eek: :D :D :D and Nichodia is localish so may come along for a chat :). Thinking about it, wouldn't mind making it a long weekend if hubby can get the time off.

Let me know when's good for you if you're interested - we try to get away most weekends. PM me if you want?

Fanks
Chrissy :)

nichodia
13-07-2009, 16:44
Hi there, really really really not being funny, but what is an SWB Master - is SWB short wheel base? - what colour is it, any distinguishing features apart from the roof rack? I saw a big yellow van with a big roof rack (I think) ????

A few peeps have got these number plates made up and one member has had some Wild Camper stickers made up but is on hols at the mo.

Yes it is a Short wheelbase, and unfortunately it is white, at the moment I am only part way through converting it so it may still look a bit van..ish! tell me more about the number plates please!
Nichodia

NorfolkanGood
13-07-2009, 20:24
Hi Alyssa, not havin a go :eek: - we also travelled the 210 miles round trip for a meet but we immediately found Simon who organised it as his big blue van is very recognisable from his profile picture. As he told us no one else had introduced themselves I gathered no one else had arrived at that time (5:30 to 6ish).

It would have been great to meet up with other members - we're new by the way, only had a van since April. Simon's pretty new here too so none of us are experts. If you're interested, I will organise one for the same area in a few weeks if we can work out a weekend that suits all? Kimbobil will probably come as she would like to visit again and we meet up with Jenny on a regular basis now - probably Mog Eye where we stayed as you have the seclusion but are only a few feet away from the beach. Anyone who is interested would also be welcome - I believe Old Arthur frequents there sometimes :eek: :D :D :D and Nichodia is localish so may come along for a chat :). Thinking about it, wouldn't mind making it a long weekend if hubby can get the time off.

Let me know when's good for you if you're interested - we try to get away most weekends. PM me if you want?

Fanks
Chrissy :)

Hi Chrissy,
I know you aren't having a go - but I do think it was a tad shambolic. As I mentioned I'm no shrinking violet, but I did baulk at approaching strange men in camper vans at the seaside and asking about Wild Camping. lol
I could have got more than I bargained for!

We would consider another trip to Hutoft. The area did seem very nice. If there was another better organised meet I'd like to return. Maybe August?
Perhaps Mog Eye. We didn't go down that path, probably should have, for a look around. The big brown signs that stated "no caravans and no camping" were a bit off putting, tho.
At least next time I'd know exactly where I was going. We travelled up the A52 and what a horrible speed trap filled road that was! On the way home we avoided it and took the A16 to Boston and saved 1 1/2 hours on the return journey.
I'll keep a look out for the meet. And I think I'll get myself a big yellow number plate to put in my windscreen that says 'NORFOLKANGOOD'

nichodia
13-07-2009, 20:40
I will get a user name number plate made up pronto..and I would love to come along for a chat, I was a bit put off about talking to anyone as I was completely alone. There is another place a bit further down between mogs eye and anderby creek that is good for a stop over, nice and sheltered, Chapel six hills..you park on the grass and just nip over the dunes to the beach.
Nichodia

kimbowbill
14-07-2009, 05:44

Hi

i worked all day saturday and travelled from northumberland to meet up with you guys,got there arund 9 ish its just unfortunate that we was at the opposite ends of the beach, i am a single female allways travling alone so i do understand the difficulty in just going up to folk and saying hi, i think they think i'm some sort of stalker, i think its a great idea of chrissy's and i would love to arrange another meet but this time we will be more direct, it was my first visit to the area and not familiar with the set up so lets give it another go, i'm free most weekends now up till 13th august, i dont mind going further down country, i'm easy as long as i'm out

ajs
14-07-2009, 10:26
Hi

i dont mind going further down country, i'm easy as long as i'm out

:confused:..:rolleyes:..let me know when yer cummin :o

regards:D
aj

nichodia
14-07-2009, 18:53
Me too I would love to meet you all
nichodia

kimbowbill
14-07-2009, 20:30
:confused:..:rolleyes:..let me know when yer cummin :o

regards:D
aj

oh you'l know aj :D

NorfolkanGood
16-07-2009, 19:23
Update.
After last weekends problems regarding identifying fellow Wild Camping members at a 'meet'.
I found this man on Ebay who supplies a PERSONALISED NUMBER PLATE size 11" x 3".
He will make up a plate with any name and provide either stick on strips or suction cup attachment. I ordered one that reads 'Norfolk an Good'. Cost was 2.30 inc. postage. It arrived within two days and it's ideal!
I've already stuck it on the inside of my windscreen so hopefully no ID problems in future.

Ebay Item number: 350088932108

simong
18-07-2009, 10:31
Hi NorfolkanGood , sorry you felt disappointed over it, but with my van being the most distinctive van there I thought it would have been the easiest place for all to come and say hi and then I could have pointed out other members, with us having no windows in the back we wouldn't have seen you pass us at any point, if I had I would have said hello once you got settled, I also understand the meeting strange people part, you would have been more than likely met by my wife first like Chrissy was.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS