PDA

View Full Version : Recommend some Peak District Stopovers

djfryer
26-06-2017, 17:02
So as a birthday treat (for me) my wife and I are hiring a Hymer for a few days next week. The place we are hiring it from recommended the Peak District and I have a idyllic vision of being able to drive around - stop at a pub for a lunch, go for a pleasant walk/explore somewhere in the village/area and then return to the pub for an evening meal and then 'camp' overnight; visiting a different place each day. Can anyone recommend any places?

Rod
26-06-2017, 21:48
Car parks in Baslow and Bakewell (agricultural centre) seem to have MH parking in them.

From Baslow you can walk to Chatsworth House and the village has lots of food choices

Bakewell is a tourist town with a busy cattle market on a Monday

Adria home
27-06-2017, 08:17
Buxton has Motorhome parking in the bus park area next to main car park easy parking and a nice town

chrismilo
27-06-2017, 10:55
Car parks in Baslow and Bakewell (agricultural centre) seem to have MH parking in them.

From Baslow you can walk to Chatsworth House and the village has lots of food choices

Does one have to tart up to go to Bakewell ?

Great coincidence I was looking at bakewell as a stop over on my way back from Scotland and Druridge bay meet

ScoTTyBEEE
29-06-2017, 09:10
Thanks for the tips here. I'm heading up that way today and will be wilding.

djfryer
30-06-2017, 10:24
Thanks everyone for the tips - going to ring round a few pubs to see if anyone else is doing it. Pub car parks are about as wild as we'd like to go!

mistericeman
30-06-2017, 10:28
Thanks everyone for the tips - going to ring round a few pubs to see if anyone else is doing it. Pub car parks are about as wild as we'd like to go!

Highly recommend the Royal oak at Hurdlow

Welcome - The Royal Oak - Peak District Country Pub (http://www.peakpub.co.uk/)

Nice spot at side of tissington trail great real ales AND fantastic food ...ring first though as it can get booked up .

Rod
30-06-2017, 13:46
Does one have to tart up to go to Bakewell ?

Great coincidence I was looking at bakewell as a stop over on my way back from Scotland and Druridge bay meet

There are some tarts in Bakewell but the local dish is a pudding

ScoTTyBEEE
30-06-2017, 16:23

The carpark in Baslow is 5.50 for the day and night to 8am. 6pm to 8am was cheap, can't remember exactly. Didn't say anything about no sleeping.

I didn't have any change for the machine so used a britstop up the road instead.

mossypossy
30-06-2017, 18:24
I am off for a week in the Peak District before a jaunt thru Normandy a week later.

The theme is little Switzerlands.

Matlock area and then the Orne Valley, Suisse Normande.

Cheating a bit for the English bit and staying on a cheap campsite. 75 for 6 nights seems a bargain.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS