PDA

View Full Version : My van stolen

channa
18-07-2017, 13:37
some low life has nicked my van the police more interested in warning me not to dish out my justice if I catch the twats earlier. Anyway please keep a look out send a pM not public please

Channa

Reg no NV02RUC

chrismilo
18-07-2017, 13:51
Will keep look out
Barstewards hammer::mad1:

runnach
18-07-2017, 14:01
I hope you get it back soon and, with minimum damage, Andy.

Plus, we're heading out tomorrow, cant mistake, nor not remember the last three letters. RUC.

Makzine
18-07-2017, 14:31
Sorry but I disagree with the police, Hope you have a speedy resolution :wave:

izwozral
18-07-2017, 14:37
Gutted for you, what a sickener.

Fingers crossed.

GinaRon
18-07-2017, 14:39
So sorry to hear about your Van hope you get it back quickly.

trevskoda
18-07-2017, 14:59
Hope you get it back soon without damage,that n/plates worth a fortune ruc,that alone may buy a new van.

IanH
18-07-2017, 15:23
So sorry to hear Channa

As Runnach says its a recognisable reg no so my eyes will be peeled too.

Re the police advice, I'd tell them to FO and I'll deal with this as you obviously have no desire to do so!!!!

:mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Sharon the Cat
18-07-2017, 16:04
Noted, will keep a look-out.
:sad:

bmc
18-07-2017, 16:11
Sorry to hear this......will keep a look-out.

Ed on Toast
18-07-2017, 16:49
Andy, sorry to hear this and lets hope you get it back soon.

Pauljenny
18-07-2017, 16:57
Us too, Andy.

If you have to claim against your insurance, fill your boots.
Don't forget that lovely generator and the Satellite system.

st3v3
18-07-2017, 16:57
Really sorry to hear this :(

Silver sprinter
18-07-2017, 17:03
So sorry to hear this, you must be devastated, hope it's found soon

n brown
18-07-2017, 17:39
sorry to hear this Andy, hope you get lucky and theirs runs out

Mul
18-07-2017, 17:44
👎 :mad1: Channa, that's so bloody crap, sorry.

Cumbria is full of the blinkin things this time o' year !!!! so I've made a note of the Reg and will keep my eyes peeled. Sorry, can't do more.

Mul

helen262
18-07-2017, 18:06
When was it taken ? ,get it splashed all over face book as there was one taken a few weeks ago from dewsbury and within a hour someone had seen it parked up in batley.
I would be gutted if someone took ours I really feel for you

yorkslass
18-07-2017, 18:13
A good suggestion from Helen262. It has been said that stolen vehicles are sometimes left nearby for a day or so. Shout it out locally. Will certainly keep a lookout.

maingate
18-07-2017, 18:19
Very sorry to hear that Andy. We are the other side of the Pennines but will keep an eye out for it.

maja07
18-07-2017, 18:22
Was it nicked from your Dewsbury location or your North Wales one....where we are now ? Maja

maureenandtom
18-07-2017, 18:23
So sorry, man. Mine's been three weeks now and I'm still a bit unbelieving that it's happened. The police didn't warn me but they did email me wtih:

If you have any other information that may help identify a suspect, then please reply. If you have no further information then unfortunately there will be no further lines of enquiry for Lancashire Police to explore at this time however the local Neighbourhood Policing Team will be made aware.

In fairness, what can they do? It's heartening that sometimes vans are found but I've heard from several sources, including the police, that after a short time being hidden somewhere round here, the number plates will be changed and the van will be in the Republic of Ireland.

Motorhome theft seems to be a growing problem though I've no stats about it but, I guess, this is a reflection of how popular our lifestyle has become. It's devastating and I'd no idea just how devastating it is.

mandrake
18-07-2017, 18:47
so sorry to hear your van has been stolen andy/channa ,i do hope you get it back undamaged .i am up in Middlesbrough but we are out and about in the wobble box for a few weeks over the school holls and will keep my eyes open .good luck .yes get it on facebook somebody may spot it .

oldish hippy
18-07-2017, 21:04
it will help out if your van has a stupid mark or dent on it as when the plates are changed it becomes another one sat in the queue for ferry mine has a few scratches on it in certain places which thinking about it iwill photo graph tomorrow so if it does go missing then it can be put out so even if number plates are changed it can be spotted

jeanette
18-07-2017, 21:14
Andrew/channa I'm so sorry to hear about your van I do hope that it will have a good outcome and it is recovered soon!

andromeda
18-07-2017, 22:31
Sorry to hear about your van. Will keep eyes open down here and when I'm on the road

Ed on Toast
19-07-2017, 00:31
I am considering a total decal change on my van and part of the rational is post theft ID.

What else do folk do? Over and above the usual tracker and alarm etc...?

oldish hippy
19-07-2017, 04:30
Well you can put no plate on roof so it can be identified from air if police helico[ter is up Add AM I STOLEN IT MIGHT CAUSE THEM TO CHECK as it will only take minute to do a pnc A HIDDEN KILL SWITCH THAT YOU USE WHEN LEAVING THE VAN FOR A FEW HOURS

Clunegapyears
19-07-2017, 06:12
Gutted for you. Sickening.

phillybarbour
19-07-2017, 06:56
Sorry to hear the aweful news. Hope your insurance claim goes smoothly if that's how it ends up.

oldish hippy
19-07-2017, 07:26
how about number plate etched into windows don't know if they still do that

wakk44
19-07-2017, 07:27
So sorry to hear Channa

As Runnach says its a recognisable reg no so my eyes will be peeled too.

Sorry to hear about this theft too.

I agree it is a recognisable registration but I think that will have been changed by the time it's brought out of it's hiding place and probably on the ferry to the ROI.

These are quite sophisticated thieves and it will more than likely be a professional gang,I doubt if it's an impulse theft.It's difficult to guard against but as has been said either put the reg.no.or your postcode on the roof.

winks
19-07-2017, 07:34
Found this on Amazon Barrie, also on Ebay.

Vehicle/Car Security Glass Etching Kit: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vehicle-Car-Security-Glass-Etching/dp/B00CD7YDVU)

Another twist in the thread I'm afraid but might be of interest to someone.

Best of luck Andy, I really do hope you get your van back.

Cheers

H

mickymost
19-07-2017, 09:46
some low life has nicked my van the police more interested in warning me not to dish out my justice if I catch the twats earlier. Anyway please keep a look out send a pM not public please

Channa

Reg no NV02RUC

mmmm!!!!!

hotrats
19-07-2017, 09:59
The bastids,hope all is resolved quickly:hammer:

Fazerloz
19-07-2017, 10:06
mmmm!!!!!

What exactly does that mean as you went to the bother of editing and posting.???????

sasquatch
19-07-2017, 14:33
Just came back on a saw your post-hanging is too good for the littles sn**s. Mine went last year and I still miss it even though the insurers paid out,the replacement still needs getting used to. My wife an I spent 6 years looking for a new van and we found our ideal vehicle,we spent thesame length of time enjoying the vehicle we went to France,Sweden and all over the UK. All the Police did was give me a crime reference number-for insurance. If it was a cash robbery for the same value would they have investigated. I did more work notifying ferries and dealers even Irish Guards,Interpol and Europol!
All the Police do now is collect revenue!
Sorry for your loss did you have both sets of keys etc? Have you put it on the stolen motorhome database on facebook?

rustyrover
19-07-2017, 14:40
Will keep a lookout for the reg, were heading out Friday, hope its returned soon - safe and sound x

bartman
19-07-2017, 15:21
Sorry to hear this Channa, I know how I would feel if our van went missing. It's no good me offering to look out for it, I'm not allowed to drive at the moment as I've just been fitted with a new knee. Our van is therefore sitting unused on the drive - and I've immobilised it.
I agree that publicity on the social networks is the best chance - I don't subscibe to any of them myself, and if you don't either I'm sure there are plenty of helpful people on here who do who would spread the word.
Good luck - I hope it doesn't come to an insurance job, they are only one step up the ladder from lawyers and estate agents.

John Thompson
19-07-2017, 16:04
Have any of these stolen vehicles had a "Clutch Claw" fitted? Clutch Claw in-car security device - NK Group (https://www.nkgroup.co.uk/product/clutch-claw-in-car-security-device/)

I know these things can be got around as I ran a storage site and had one caravan stolen with every conceivable deterrent fitted. (Corner steady locks. Hitch Lock, Alarm) They winched it onto a transported which they drove through the re-enforced fencing to gain access. They left a similar van (make and model) parked beside it alone, as it was a year older.

They were later caught trying to do the same thing with 4 other vans hooked up to cars. Not Travellers but a local garage. Damage to the truck was no problem for them to fix.

Garysan
19-07-2017, 16:36
We are really sorry to hear about the theft of your motorhome and support the community looking out for it, but.... it is very unlikely to be on the same registration plates, please supply information about specific dents, scratches, stickers or any other distinguishing features that identify your vehicle. As a retiring police officer I am of the hang them and flog them brigade and my time has come to an end with the huggy feely lot and am happy to be leaving it behind. Good luck.

sasquatch
19-07-2017, 16:44
Stick with the insurance claim don't rely on the constabulary to look out for it!VIDEO: Watch the moment police officer is caught walking into signpost (From Wirral Globe) (http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/15420791.VIDEO__Watch_the_moment_police_officer_is _caught_walking_into_signpost/)

Herbenny
19-07-2017, 17:09
Sorry to hear about your van Andrew .... I really hope they find the thieving scumbags before you do, or heaven help them !!!

tranivanman
19-07-2017, 18:26
sorry to hear your bad news, im about driving tomoz and will keep a lookout.

Ive just spent all day moving the obd? port on my three transit vans in an effort to detere these B------s

john1974
19-07-2017, 20:03
I think I may do the same Trani.. esp after reading another post about 'insurance cover and a working farm'.. oops..

yorkieowl
19-07-2017, 20:54
Sorry to hear about this Andy, nothings fecking safe from these scum these days, will keep an eye out.

2cv
19-07-2017, 21:07
Really sorry to hear this Andy, just hoping that you get it back.

campertwo
20-07-2017, 08:07
So sorry to hear about your van, hope you get it back soon or the insurance coughs up a decent amount?

witzend
20-07-2017, 14:14
With No Tax or MOT they'll be lucky not to be pulled before they get very far. Perhaps road side cameras or Is there a way to notify MOT stations to watch out for it

channa
20-07-2017, 18:13
My own investigations and not the polices reveals the van dragged on to a low loader .. tire marks and a witness to back that up ...I suspect and cant say too much but I suspect in the Manchester area by now. Police we have checked cctv after I had reported it stolen ....muppets pretty obvious the vehicle on a low loader wouldn't trigger ANPrs and haven't checked at the time of theft schoolboy errors.....so asking they check CCTV at two choke points from the address stolen , with a bit of luck if on camera , the towtruck signwritten or a reg number ....I have found out more than the Police seriously !!!.. I am not worried too much re the van it has a few issues , however some sentimental stuff inside ...Police not checked myself on PNC suggested they need too, because if I get there first etc. ( got into trouble for saying such things)

Police far happier for me to ask neighbours re cctv ...yet my record would incriminate me as possibly intimidating ...not me so much but having ran pubs I know a few lively people .

Next stop Heysham port but god knows how switched on they are ...No wonder the country is in a frickin mess

Channa

yorkieowl
20-07-2017, 18:21
I know what you mean Andy, police were fecking useless when we had a tranny van nicked many years ago, was spotted and on record by police 30 times until someone rang in when they parked it on their neighbours drive robbing the place, ok it had been ringed but still crap policing. Just be hoped the insurance don't pi** about the same.

Byronic
20-07-2017, 18:32
Must be a tight fit, but a couple of nicked motorhomes in the back of an artic
(so of course can't even be seen) at Dover docks, Polish driver arrested on
his way back home.

Artic travelling around the UK and Euroland with a fully equipped
crew in the back breaking down as many motorbikes for parts as the
forward command unit prowling the streets can find, then flogged off
on eBay Gumtree etc.

john1974
20-07-2017, 20:22
Channa can you and others get to the ports? sounds a bit crazy but

John Thompson
21-07-2017, 07:18
We are a bit on edge at present. I have my van advertised on ebaY and I had a contact asking to view. I gave him my address and phone number and not a squeak since.

For the last 2 night Joan has sleep in the van. I am having another bout of appendix pain, so grateful for her to do it.

trevskoda
21-07-2017, 07:37
We are a bit on edge at present. I have my van advertised on ebaY and I had a contact asking to view. I gave him my address and phone number and not a squeak since.

For the last 2 night Joan has sleep in the van. I am having another bout of appendix pain, so grateful for her to do it.

Never give you address when selling things like cars vans etc,give a common place to meet,ie shopping carpark.
Ask them to ph first for arrival time and then meet there,dont show log book until deal is done and moneys sorted,otherwise they will read address of l/book and say they will have a think about it only to return at night and releave you of it.
Its also a good idea to keep it stored else where when selling just in case they try to tie it back to your home for nicking.

Fazerloz
21-07-2017, 07:46
Never give you address when selling things like cars vans etc,give a common place to meet,ie shopping carpark.
Ask them to ph first for arrival time and then meet there,dont show log book until deal is done and moneys sorted,otherwise they will read address of l/book and say they will have a think about it only to return at night and releave you of it.
Its also a good idea to keep it stored else where when selling just in case they try to tie it back to your home for nicking.

The trouble with that is if buying the advise is never meet in carparks always at home address where they live so you have a address and always check all relevant paperwork against the vehicle. Never hand over any sort of payment until entirely satisfied every thing is genuine.

harrow
21-07-2017, 08:01

We had 3 police shot at a year ago, no one caught.

A murder

Sunday 2nd a stabbing

Sunday 9th 4 stabbed

Sunday 16th knife gang, gang member used car to run others down on pavement.

Also Sunday a man shot in the back, operation trident team investigating.

This is about 4 mins walk from my home.

We should not be living in a world like this,

:danger::danger::danger:

:scared::scared::scared:

trevskoda
21-07-2017, 08:07
The trouble with that is if buying the advise is never meet in carparks always at home address where they live so you have a address and always check all relevant paperwork against the vehicle. Never hand over any sort of payment until entirely satisfied every thing is genuine.

If they like the wagon do the final deal at bank where all details can be put on the table & hpi ch before parting with money,they will then see address etc at fnal point of sale so you will not be hiding anything,it just stops the bad boys,willynickit and his mates.

channa
21-07-2017, 08:19
We had 3 police shot at a year ago, no one caught.

A murder

Sunday 2nd a stabbing

Sunday 9th 4 stabbed

Sunday 16th knife gang, gang member used car to run others down on pavement.

Also Sunday a man shot in the back, operation trident team investigating.

This is about 4 mins walk from my home.

We should not be living in a world like this,

:danger::danger::danger:

:scared::scared::scared:

Along with the NHS in this part of the country, latest crime figures and police available makes uncomfortable reading. I am struggling to see how a reduction in resource can be sold as increased efficiency spin

Police-recorded crime has risen by 10% across England and Wales the largest annual rise for a decade according to the Office of National Statistics. As Alan Travis reports, the latest crime figures for the 12 months to March also show an 18% rise in violent crime, including a 20% surge in gun crime and knife crime. The official statisticians say the rise in crime is accelerating, with a 3% increase recorded in the year to March 2015, followed by an 8% rise in the year to March 2016, and now a 10% increase in the 12 months to this March. The accelerating rise in crime comes as Home Office figures show a further fall of 924 in the past year in the number of police officers, to 123,142 in England and Wales. This is the lowest number of officers in England and Wales since 1985.

Channa

Byronic
21-07-2017, 08:23
It's all so much easier and safer in this technological age!:raofl:

Not saying it was better in the good old days just that you
spent far less time looking out for the pitfalls when buying
and selling because there were far fewer options
available to the crims. Nowadays you have to gen up
continously just to get up to date on the latest methods conmen
are using to part you from your lucre and possessions.
And just when you think you've got everything covered
someone informs you about your bank announcing
security flaws in it's 'security' system !
Actually I suppose that I am actually saying it was better
in the good old days, at least in some respects.

harrow
21-07-2017, 08:24
Along with the NHS in this part of the country, latest crime figures and police available makes uncomfortable reading. I am struggling to see how a reduction in resource can be sold as increased efficiency spin

Police-recorded crime has risen by 10% across England and Wales the largest annual rise for a decade according to the Office of National Statistics. As Alan Travis reports, the latest crime figures for the 12 months to March also show an 18% rise in violent crime, including a 20% surge in gun crime and knife crime. The official statisticians say the rise in crime is accelerating, with a 3% increase recorded in the year to March 2015, followed by an 8% rise in the year to March 2016, and now a 10% increase in the 12 months to this March. The accelerating rise in crime comes as Home Office figures show a further fall of 924 in the past year in the number of police officers, to 123,142 in England and Wales. This is the lowest number of officers in England and Wales since 1985.

Channa

This is my point, someone was shot in Regents park London on Monday, I don't think that made the news.

Fazerloz
21-07-2017, 08:26
If they like the wagon do the final deal at bank where all details can be put on the table & hpi ch before parting with money,they will then see address etc at fnal point of sale so you will not be hiding anything,it just stops the bad boys,willynickit and his mates.

If any seller wouldn't do what I said in my post which is all reasonable. I wouldn't go. I would assume they had something to hide. Buyer beware. [ Try finding a bank in many towns these days]

Byronic
21-07-2017, 08:53
Can you even trust the bank staff
The assistant manager of my local bank was jailed
a couple of years ago for defrauding readily confused
old dears. Just an example of what seems to be less likely
to surprise us these days. Cap'n Mainwaring would not
be pleased!

time4t
21-07-2017, 11:14
Hi Channa, I'm a bit late but I was saddened to hear that your motorhome was stolen, I don't have a word in my vocabulary to describe the disgusting people that feel it's ok to take someones ells's hard earned property!

The ________(insert a suitable expletive) who do these crimes know that they can get away with it 90+% of the time.
They know that the police force, has been paired down to a point where it can no longer function as a deterrent, they watch youtube, they listen to their mates & other _________s, & get all the gen they need to not only commit the crime, but to also get away with it.

What amazes me is the idiot/greedy legal profession that say it's a bigger crime for the police to chase a criminal because that criminal might get hurt or killed while trying to escape.
Well, they made the decision to commit the crime, they decided to run, so any consequences are solely their responsibility!

So why don't the courts see it that way!!

If some lowlife commits a crime against me, & if I have the chance, they're going down & I won't bother telling the police, unless I have no chance of finding out who they are.

Phill

Ps., It would help a lot if we could trust the police, if when we report a crime we knew that they wouldn't let the press or anyone else know our IDs, if when they say a crime happened this way, it did, if when asked what happened at Hillsborough or the miners strikes or plebgate, they told the truth, we would have more confidence to confide in them when we see a crime being committed!!

sasquatch
21-07-2017, 11:47
Been thinking,a dangerous thing for me to do,what if there was a vehicle alarm which when activated called the Police with a recorded message,and even the Home secretary,it may make them think again about their crime figures and reductions in staffing!

helen262
21-07-2017, 12:09

Over the last 40 years I have bought and sold thousands of vehicles, and if I had a 1 for every one I have given my address to that never turned up I would be a very rich person, many people will change their minds after speaking on the phone, and I think some people just say they are coming because they don't like to say that it isn't for them, some people will have a list of vehicles that they are viewing on the same day so if they buy one before the reach you very few people have the decency to phone and let you know that they are no longer coming, so stop worrying.

Alf
21-07-2017, 12:10
If you rang 101 there would be a 2 hour wait and it would not get prioritized if you rang 999. You can get alarms to ring you at home or mobile now.

Alf

Been thinking,a dangerous thing for me to do,what if there was a vehicle alarm which when activated called the Police with a recorded message,and even the Home secretary,it may make them think again about their crime figures and reductions in staffing!

yorkieowl
21-07-2017, 12:24
Police-recorded crime has risen by 10% across England and Wales the largest annual rise for a decade Channa

10% in recorded crime, but how many don't bother if its something 'minor', ie. a neighbour got her shed broken into, chainsaw etc, plus stuff she hardly ever used all stolen, I recon maybe 600/800 quids worth of gear (to replace), didn't bother reporting it as nothing is ever done, and they wont get their money back, don't think she bothered with insurance either as not worth the hike in premiums. Tbh I wouldn't have reported either.

channa
21-07-2017, 12:34
10% in recorded crime, but how many don't bother if its something 'minor', ie. a neighbour got her shed broken into, chainsaw etc, plus stuff she hardly ever used all stolen, I recon maybe 600/800 quids worth of gear (to replace), didn't bother reporting it as nothing is ever done, and they wont get their money back, don't think she bothered with insurance either as not worth the hike in premiums. Tbh I wouldn't have reported either.

Headlining lower numbers of Police since 1985 is one thing but doesn't tell the story..Our population has increased from 56.5 million to 65 million est 2017. SO per capita the story is even worse. for the police and nhs .

Channa

tranivanman
21-07-2017, 13:34
I think I may do the same Trani.. esp after reading another post about 'insurance cover and a working farm'.. oops..

i did my three vans in a morning, not to difficult im hoping that if anyone trys to nick it when they find the obd? port missing they might give up.

lads on the tranny forum say replace it with one from a scrapper but i cant quite see the point.

tranivanman

trevskoda
21-07-2017, 13:38
i did my three vans in a morning, not to difficult im hoping that if anyone trys to nick it when they find the obd? port missing they might give up.

lads on the tranny forum say replace it with one from a scrapper but i cant quite see the point.

tranivanman

Because you wire the dummy to pos think pins 7/9 not sure though ,so when they stick the key in it goes woof,end of as 25 of there money wasted.

Alf
21-07-2017, 13:45
Trevor you need to remember to tell the garage what you have done at service time to save yourself a whopping bill

Alf

Because you wire the dummy to pos think pins 7/9 not sure though ,so when they stick the key in it goes woof,end of as 25 of there money wasted.

trevskoda
21-07-2017, 13:47
If any seller wouldn't do what I said in my post which is all reasonable. I wouldn't go. I would assume they had something to hide. Buyer beware. [ Try finding a bank in many towns these days]

Chap i know went to see harley d at a house ,chaps came out front door and the deal went ahead,all paperwork 100% ,hp clear also,had it home a few weeks when cops came telling him its stolen.
Turns out they had broken into house and worked out of it selling cars bikes for a week,people who owned house were in usa for one mth and only found all this out when people kept arriving looking for money back as police had taken goods
As it was out in the country no one turned a blind eye as the prob thought it was folk looking after it.

trevskoda
21-07-2017, 13:49
Trevor you need to remember to tell the garage what you have done at service time to save yourself a whopping bill

Alf

Yep though i dont do garages,im a tight a--e.:wave:

kevinktwo
21-07-2017, 13:50

I would not buy from a person in a car park, If not trade I would always want to meet at thier home address. For my security as a buyer.
Kevin

Alf
21-07-2017, 13:54
Yep so we hear.:dance:

harrow
21-07-2017, 14:53

You are just careful with money, I understand that.

:dance::dance::dance:

Byronic
21-07-2017, 17:53

Naturally you comply with all the t&cs applied by your insurers,
allowing them no wriggle room or prevarication on a claim.
Having an agreed valuation does let some people sleep a bit
easier.
Of course a quick easy sale is the ideal, but the posts on this thread
might have you thinking that rather than dealing with dodgy private buyers,
a quick total loss payout might be preferable, and they could be right!
Although of course a recovered possibly damaged vehicle may well be a pita.

seadogjon
22-07-2017, 09:57
Sorry about your van chana,,it seems all the recent talk about making your van secure is pretty useless if they just turn up and drag it on to a low loader ,,how can you stop that,,

trevskoda
22-07-2017, 21:14
Sorry about your van chana,,it seems all the recent talk about making your van secure is pretty useless if they just turn up and drag it on to a low loader ,,how can you stop that,,

Put a heavy chain round axle to drain in rd plus a alarm that goes bananas when the van is wobbled or move,next door or whole street may not like you but van will be safe.

time4t
23-07-2017, 09:44
It might have been an idea to have kept your snakes in it Channa, but I suppose the police would do you if a precious little scumbag got hurt!

Phill

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS