PDA

View Full Version : Semerwater & Ribblehead

zeezee16
28-06-2009, 19:14
Just had a excellent weekend in the Dales. First night, at Semerwater near Hawes, Loads of space, fairly flat, stunning views. There,s a sign up that says Overnight camping 4, you have to go to the farm, 400 yards away, and get your ticket, it was 5, so it must be an old sign, but worth every penny.
A couple of other vans were there when we woke up, one left about 9am, then a bloke came round checking tickets, so I presume if you want a free night, vacate before 9am.

Second night was at The Station Inn, Ribblehead, Alan, the landlord, lets us park in the pub carpark free, but it can get a bit crowded, there are a couple of pullins/layby's very close, so there's always somewhere to park.
The station has one of the best choises of proper beer you can find,including Theakstons Old P.(terrible stuff I had to have 4 pints just to make sure I liked it).
Excelent menu too.
I'm a regular visitor there,well every 2 months or so,and I can recomend it for an overnight stop, or even a full weekend.
Cheers, Pete.

messenger 2.5td
28-06-2009, 23:41
Just had a excellent weekend in the Dales. First night, at Semerwater near Hawes, Loads of space, fairly flat, stunning views. There,s a sign up that says Overnight camping 4, you have to go to the farm, 400 yards away, and get your ticket, it was 5, so it must be an old sign, but worth every penny.
A couple of other vans were there when we woke up, one left about 9am, then a bloke came round checking tickets, so I presume if you want a free night, vacate before 9am.

Second night was at The Station Inn, Ribblehead, Alan, the landlord, lets us park in the pub carpark free, but it can get a bit crowded, there are a couple of pullins/layby's very close, so there's always somewhere to park.
The station has one of the best choises of proper beer you can find,including Theakstons Old P.(terrible stuff I had to have 4 pints just to make sure I liked it).
Excelent menu too.
I'm a regular visitor there,well every 2 months or so,and I can recomend it for an overnight stop, or even a full weekend.
Cheers, Pete.

Hiya zeezee,stayed at Semerwater for the first time in May definitly going back,when i got my ticket the guy came round on his quad bike and asked what length the van was.21'van was 6 so the bigger the van the more you pay.6 well spent had a great night;)

zeezee16
29-06-2009, 20:00
Should have told him it was 5' 6", you might have got a credit note.
Cheers, Pete.

PaulC
29-06-2009, 20:44
I have read in other postings on this site that the car park can flood! I've never seen it like that and I've been there in terrible weather!

dellwood33
01-07-2009, 17:29
I have fished at Semerwater and seen the levels rise very quickly and it can cetainly flood the carpark :)

spacehopper
04-07-2009, 14:36
I have fished at Semerwater and seen the levels rise very quickly and it can cetainly flood the carpark :)

I have seen not only the camping area but the entire road next to it under water - the road was too deep to get through and I was in a Land Rover.

Very unlikely to happen of course but bear it in mind if theres heavy rain forecasted!

carthago
05-07-2009, 20:08
stayed there between christmas and new year. very cold but also fantastic. trees thick in frost lake part frozen took lots pictures but unable to post them. can get busy in summer.:)

EddieBedford
14-07-2009, 09:06
Hi folks,

We are thinking of taking our camper up to Semerwater this weekend.

I know that the "site" is a car park but are there any bits of grass or any ground suitable for pitching a small tent on? We may be taking an extra person or two with us and Steady Eddie Beddie just aint big enough for us all to sleep in!

If not it may be Tan Hill again- hey ho, life's hard sometimes........:rolleyes:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS