PDA

View Full Version : northumberland/alnwick

kimbowbill
29-06-2009, 15:16
i'm off up northumberland on Friday, looking for somewhere to stay one night, then going to dunkeld, any places anyone?

zeezee16
29-06-2009, 19:46
We are going up to scotland either friday afternoon or saturday morning, might catch up with you somewhere if we go friday.
I saw a post somewhere about staying mainland side of lindesfarne, if I find it, I will post it here.
Cheers, Pete.

kimbowbill
29-06-2009, 21:49
cheers zeeeee , yeah i'l be around from 8 ish i think, thats if i can find somewhere to stay, all the campsites are pretty fully booked

lenny
29-06-2009, 23:22
Hiya Bill, try Alnwick rugby club;) .... Tel. 01665602342.... Just off the A1, they can accomodate motorhomes:)

Let us know how you get on:)

Imbiber
30-06-2009, 18:47
There's several dedicated Motorhome parking spaces in the car park outside Alnwick Castle.

Can't remember the parking fee's but I'm sure its free overnight.

kimbowbill
30-06-2009, 20:55
thanks guys will try these places, i'm there for 10 days so hopefully i will find some nice spots

Lauriejanesmith
21-07-2009, 17:48
Hiya bill. How did u get on? We thinkin of going 2moro. Any good places to park? Where else did u go in your days there?

Talbot
21-07-2009, 21:02
Several safe places at Amble. Grid Ref N55.33757* , W1.59055*

kimbowbill
22-07-2009, 19:51
Hiya bill. How did u get on? We thinkin of going 2moro. Any good places to park? Where else did u go in your days there?

hi LJS

well i have to say i was very disapointed, duridge bay, oh my god i may as well have stopped on the rubbush tip, it was disgusting, no where to park at Amble, all big signs saying no overnighting, i dont like to risk it i'm afraid, luckily my friend lives on a campsite and i finsihed up there, tried Alnmouth, no go, holy island was the only place i found with no signs,not right impressed by the coast either, nothing special, except for banburgh castle, thats beautiful and plenty of parking, think i'm spoilt with Scotland, cant beat it, anyroad if you go and you find some places let me know, enjoy and good luck

J

lenny
22-07-2009, 20:10
hi LJS

well i have to say i was very disapointed, duridge bay, oh my god i may as well have stopped on the rubbush tip, it was disgusting, no where to park at Amble, all big signs saying no overnighting, i dont like to risk it i'm afraid, luckily my friend lives on a campsite and i finsihed up there, tried Alnmouth, no go, holy island was the only place i found with no signs,not right impressed by the coast either, nothing special, except for banburgh castle, thats beautiful and plenty of parking, think i'm spoilt with Scotland, cant beat it, anyroad if you go and you find some places let me know, enjoy and good luck

J

Hiya Kimbowbill, I was saddened to read your report on the Northumberland coastline and shocked to read of the state of Druridge Bay, so I,m gonna have a look for myself this week and if it,s as bad as you say,I will be taking pics and presenting them to the council with the question "Is this what you want your tourists to witness", they should spend more on policing these beauty spots rather than wasting time and money posting these invalid "no camping signs".
Hope this does,nt put you off coming back up here:(

kimbowbill
22-07-2009, 20:25
Hiya Kimbowbill, I was saddened to read your report on the Northumberland coastline and shocked to read of the state of Druridge Bay, so I,m gonna have a look for myself this week and if it,s as bad as you say,I will be taking pics and presenting them to the council with the question "Is this what you want your tourists to witness", they should spend more on policing these beauty spots rather than wasting time and money posting these invalid "no camping signs".
Hope this does,nt put you off coming back up here:(

Hi Lenny

i would have took pics but there was two very unsightly charachters parked up right at the end, at the turn around spot, i parked up there got out, they started shouting rude comments to me and my friend (cant repeat) so we didnt stay long, i'm sorry to be the bearer of this news but thats how it was, i went in the druridge bay nature reserve which was very nice but having to pay 2.30 i think for 2 hours was a bit naff, i will go back as i work up there, i manage a house at warkworth, thats a lovely place but not to wild, so, sorry Lenny i have heard such lovely things about Northumberland i was very disapointed, thing is if you complain to council they might put the barriers up and that could spoil it for others who probably dont mind the rubbish, if i park anywhere where thers rubbish i usually pick it up but i'm afraid not on this occassion, and i didnt want to get the blame for it

Jenny

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS