PDA

View Full Version : I,m not dead

bob690
29-06-2009, 20:06
Well I,m not dead, just had trouble connecting. Found a lovely little site next to the Tarn river with leccy and wifi for 10 euros a nite. Heading into the aire at Millau tommorow(free), to find a blasted sim card for the mobile. Have found some marvellous sites camping and kayaking right next to the river. Never payed more than 10 euros, cheapest one yet was 6.90 with leccy. Anyway have fun, and Lenny keep up the magnificent work!!!...Bob:cool:

lenny
29-06-2009, 20:53
Thanks Bob ,good to see your still alive:rolleyes: and kicking :D, and great to see your keeping in touch on your travels;).
I hope you,re taking lots of piccys to share with us on return:cool:

Dezi
30-06-2009, 10:47
Hi Bob690, Glad you are enjoying it !! The aire in Millau is in a nice spot. We were down there in September & also spent a night under Norman Fosters Millau Viaduct. If you are heading north then another good free aire is at Pont de salars on the way to Rodez.

Dezi

grath
30-06-2009, 18:51
Hi Bob690, Glad you are enjoying it !! The aire in Millau is in a nice spot. We were down there in September & also spent a night under Norman Fosters Millau Viaduct. If you are heading north then another good free aire is at Pont de salars on the way to Rodez.

Dezi

If you are in the Rodez area, try Lac de Pareloup as some exceedingly nice unofficial aire's on the lake side (full of French of course):D
By the way, this looks like a river but is a small inlet on a large lake.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1252.jpg

bob690
02-07-2009, 11:11
Thanks for that Grath, drove past it 2 hours ago, was going to pitch there for tonite, but just up the road was a great site with wifi and leccy for 10 euros a nite, so after a noisy nite at Millau aire, (bloody french) I thought I,d park here....Bob

hake
02-07-2009, 16:03
Was in Millau a few weeks back, thought the bridge was just amazing.Dont know your return route but there is a 6 Euro (all in) campsite at Montmorillon south/east of Poitiers.Enjoy your trip.

lazncaz
15-07-2009, 10:05
Are you all quite mad? I know the pompous bag in MMM magazine says that if we can afford motorhomes,we can afford expensive sites,and naturally,she "knows" campsite owners who are going bust (Notice how these people are always privvy to "knowing" people),but 10euros,is nearly.....well,it's lots anyway.For 10euros,you can stay in England and inhale carcinogens whilst watching people nuke sausages on a BrBQ,swilling Watneys Red Barrel and swearing their heads off.There are loads of safe,free places in France,and no you wont have to share them with one of those huge,red Nobby Dressingtable articulated lorries

cipro
15-07-2009, 19:52
Are you all quite mad? I know the pompous bag in MMM magazine says that if we can afford motorhomes,we can afford expensive sites,and naturally,she "knows" campsite owners who are going bust (Notice how these people are always privvy to "knowing" people),but 10euros,is nearly.....well,it's lots anyway.For 10euros,you can stay in England and inhale carcinogens whilst watching people nuke sausages on a BrBQ,swilling Watneys Red Barrel and swearing their heads off.There are loads of safe,free places in France,and no you wont have to share them with one of those huge,red Nobby Dressingtable articulated lorries

You are right there are lots of free places but the bride still alittle on the well this could, that could you now what I mean.

SOOOOOOOOO most of the time we stay on cheap and cheerful sites
10 euro for brides piece of mind is ok.Preferences for all of us:D:D

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS