PDA

View Full Version : southport for us this weekend

l77 tuf
01-07-2009, 21:39
yes its southport for me this weekend if anyone fancys it feel free 5 night to norm the guy who runs the pleasure beach fun fair

l77 tuf
04-07-2009, 14:26
were here all set up weather is nice and there is a model iar showw on the beach so were sat with a beer in hand under the awning wathing the model planes flying over us

rebilla
14-08-2009, 12:40
hi 177tuf,
we sound like just the person we need for some good advice.could you explain more in detail about this parking in southport please.

wints
14-08-2009, 21:04
We've stayed there, it's Pleasurelands Car Park, almost on 'the seafront', and very close to Lord Street. You just turn up, park up (loads of space), and a guy will (sometimes) collect 5 off you in the morning.
regards
Allen

rebilla
18-08-2009, 17:17
hi wints,
thanks for that.much appreciated.

rebilla
24-08-2009, 17:10
hi all,
we've decided we're taking your advice and going to southport this thursday/friday.we'll try to park at the pleasurebeach.never been to southport before but i'm sure we'll find it and norm.anyone else going.

rolandrat
25-08-2009, 14:04
hi all,
we've decided we're taking your advice and going to southport this thursday/friday.we'll try to park at the pleasurebeach.never been to southport before but i'm sure we'll find it and norm.anyone else going.

You will find that there is a sewer manhole on site on the r/h side looking towards the sea by the building wall you can empty your cassette there.

Old_Arthur
25-08-2009, 15:52
there's a traffic cone covering it:pjust behined it is a nice flat concrete slab to park on:cool:

stephenbellini
26-08-2009, 19:09
hi all coming from southport and noting your remarks it appears that you have not seen a few places worth a visit. Go past the 'fair ground' preston bound and there is a 'lay by' (an old sand factory) where people 'stop over' . Its part of an on going bird sanctuary being built and its hard core gravel, thats if you like peace quiet and birds. if you go the other direction to liverpool. a couple of miles from the fair ground through 2 roundabouts then you will come to a 3rd. a pub (the sands) on your left and pontins on your right. turn right to the beach. well worth the visit with marvelous sand dunes and forest walks.
Just before the beach entrance next to some houses theres a road on your left with a disused car park. the beach itself is often used by motorhomes of all sizes but i would advise- the fist 6 foot can be a bit lumpy but in general its a smooth beach. next to the pub there is a lake with a 'walk way' all the way round with picknick facilities. The overall area is also 'wheelchair friendly' appart from one small bridgeway about 3 foot in length. As an occasional wheelchair user i can vouch for it being ok to use. If you want any more in fo on the area feel free to get in touch.

zipnolan
31-08-2009, 21:36
just got back this eve, we parked on the pleasureland funfair carpark at no cost (not manned) also enjoyed a great night out on the town, our 1st pub was a gay bar called "the crown" (near Morrisons) we was welcomed with open arms and crawled out at 1am ... well recommended.
plenty of greasy spoon cafes for the big brekkie the morning after then off to the beach (near Pontins)
crackin day/night out.

doronron
02-09-2009, 17:37
hi all im going to try the funfair car park ,is it the one at the end of marine road ,morrison just up the road ? thanks

rebbyvid
02-09-2009, 20:40
Thats the one
Rob

italiano
16-09-2009, 21:49
Been there a few times myself, but for anyone wishing a bit more security, there is a small 5 campers/motorhomes/caravans site just after pleasureland on the right hand side, very close to town and amenyties.:cool:

doronron
17-09-2009, 18:41
hoping to going myself next weekend for the air show ,hope theres room,

l77 tuf
18-09-2009, 17:25
you wont get on the air show weekend its ticket only sorry please dont waste your time and fuel all my family are there but not myself im in exmouth fishing

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS