PDA

View Full Version : help,advice wales

Old_Arthur
02-07-2009, 07:00
the big 60 next weekend so having along weekend away:rolleyes: been thinking about west coast of wales never been down there, anywhere recomended;):D i have done a bit planning:eek:and searching but would like a bit of input:)

carlsenior
02-07-2009, 07:04
if you're travelling as far as Aberystwyth, I often camp on the promenade toward the marina with no problems.
follow the road thro' the town to the seafront and turn left at the pier, just follow the road around and normally there'll be plenty of places to pitch and a few other vans :)

Old_Arthur
02-07-2009, 07:15
thanks for that if poss would like to park up friday nite to sunday morning on coast line may even pay:eek::eek::D for a good spot :rolleyes:but then again :D

Pioneer
02-07-2009, 10:52
Hi Arthur,

take a look at the thread under Wales/Llangranog posted by chopper, very nice area, and close to New Quay. At the moment a school? of Dolphins a mile long are fishing in the area, what a site to see on your, cough, cough, Birthday. Road is a little tight in getting to Llangranog, don't know what size van you have, but worth the trip.
Have a great weekend, and a fantastic Birthday.

Happy Camping:)
Best wishes, Angela and Bill.

grath
02-07-2009, 18:39
Agree with Aberystwyth stayed there quite a few times also Caernarfon.
Check out some of the Wales threads and not forgetting Anglesey

bigtrev8xl
02-07-2009, 19:30
The only bit of advice I can give, is take plenty of waterproof clothing and wellies when going to Wales.

Cheers Big Trev.

barnybg
02-07-2009, 19:37
When you have some time try out Pembroke,it's very beautiful,there's some quiet small coastal roads and miles and miles of dunes,plenty of history and nature reserves follow it down to the Gower coast,amazing then onto Swansea and back onto the M4 or why not the Welsh valley's and some history and sites on down to Newport and then M4 again or M5 or from the Valley's cut up to Abergavenny/Hereford and onto M5.

Old_Arthur
02-07-2009, 19:50
The only bit of advice I can give, is take plenty of waterproof clothing and wellies when going to Wales.

Cheers Big Trev.
i can understand the wellys:o:eek::Dbut why water proofs:rolleyes::D

lenny
02-07-2009, 19:57
the big 60 next weekend so having along weekend away:rolleyes: been thinking about west coast of wales never been down there, anywhere recomended;):D i have done a bit planning:eek:and searching but would like a bit of input:)

Happy birthday in advance Arthur;), have a grest weekend wherever you choose to go and when you return you can pick up your bus pass:eek::D:p

rebbyvid
02-07-2009, 22:23
Here a view from New Quay if you go down that far Arthur
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/cardiganbay.jpg

l77 tuf
02-07-2009, 22:39
we go wales every 2 weeks we go either holyhead were its wild camping all over the place or a place called tudwilliog is really really nice for us also you can wild camp in the town centre of aborsoch you might laugh but we do it all the time

carlsenior
03-07-2009, 07:26
If you're in Swansea aim for Mumbles, there are a couple of places to pitch just off the side of the road opposite the Knab Rock car park, just below the cliffs. great little village with fantastic views also toilet facilities in the car park ;)

Old_Arthur
03-07-2009, 08:56
If you're in Swansea aim for Mumbles, there are a couple of places to pitch just off the side of the road opposite the Knab Rock car park, just below the cliffs. great little village with fantastic views also toilet facilities in the car park ;)
on the advice given so far i think we made head to abeystwyth first and travel south from there it'll be down to the weather we have? no rush:cool::D

Pioneer
03-07-2009, 09:06
Hi Arthur,
raining at the moment 10.00am Friday 3/7, but good news is the weather front is travelling towards Yorkshire:D and east coast, so I think the sun will shine on you this weekend:cool:

no matter what the weather, have a good one;)

Chrissy
03-07-2009, 09:52

Hi Arthur - nice to meet you and Janice last weekend - did you get anything at the car boot, apart from sunburn :D. Happy Birthday for next weekend I'm sure you'll get perfic views down in Wales - we're gonna try it sometime soon as it sounds fab and loads of places to try.

Have a great time
Chrissy

Old_Arthur
03-07-2009, 09:58
it not this weekend it's next,:phope to set off on the 9th thursday;)
hi chrissy this was in reply to pioneers

Pioneer
03-07-2009, 11:01
Hi Arthur,
sorry, thought it was this coming weekend, still only a young lad yet then:D;)

Bordering
03-07-2009, 18:34
Ceredigion council seems quite against wild camping, plenty of unwelcoming signs in the car parks. Head inland a bit and there are plenty of good spots though.

A real gem is by Ceibwr Bay, near Moylgrove. A single track lane loops round from the village and there's a lay-by which you can't miss at 52.07759 -4.76354. No tv or internet reception, so take some socks to darn, or a book!

grath
05-07-2009, 17:41
We have just come back from a great weekend on Anglesey:)
When we left home after 5pm on friday we were going to Betwesycoed:D
But we changed our minds;)
That is the beauty of a M/H.:cool::D
Old Arthur, if you are going to Anglesey, please pm me and I will let you have a great wild location.

grath
05-07-2009, 18:11
This is where we were and the second is a view from our window.
Please excuse the weather:D:D

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_2095.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_2496.jpg

And Puffin Island is just up the road (today in the sun)

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_2497.jpg

Old_Arthur
05-07-2009, 18:14
europe who needs it when we do get the weather:mad::D

yozz
05-07-2009, 18:35
Evening Arthur :)

Depends where you want to go in West Wales and how big your van is really.

A popular spot is Barmouth. An old victorian seaside resort where you can park up overlooking the lovely beach there. If you prefer to head inland and away from the crowds there's nooks and crannies where you can tuck yourself away for the night no problem :D

Airecraft
06-07-2009, 21:12
This is where we were

Stayed there a few times. Did you get bothered by the clown blasting her horn at 8am as she drives toward Beaumaris? Happens every time we visit.
Andy

grath
06-07-2009, 21:13
Stayed there a few times. Did you get bothered by the clown blasting her horn at 8am as she drives toward Beaumaris? Happens every time we visit.
Andy

We have spent 5 nights there and only heard one horn once and that was this time:D:D

Airecraft
06-07-2009, 21:25
Picnic area about 5 miles from Cardigan on River Teifi at GR SN 1980 4295. Public toilets and very quiet. 1/2 mile walk, up V. steep hill:eek:, to pub and shop in Cilgerran.

Nice harbourside parking in Porthgain about 8 miles West of Fishguard (GR SM815 325) Good (pricey)seafood retaurant and pub in village and beautiful beach at Abereiddi about a mile away.

Andy

ajs
06-07-2009, 21:31
.. here yer go bold martha... langranog..:cool:
that coastline and it's bays are tight... best with a small van...did them in my 23fter... but not wise
scratched her to pieces... lots of overgrown treelined single track roads :eek:

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/travellers-rest/6046-i-am-scared-sheeeetles.html

appybuffday...and enjoy:D

regards;)
aj

Pioneer
07-07-2009, 09:38
Hi Aj,
I believe the council's are not allowed to Hedge brush at certain times, because of our little feathered friends nesting:D and wildlife in general. It would probably be better to travel in a larger van, say after 1st June, down some of the narrower lanes here in Wales. Don't know the exact date when the councils/farmers can cut again. Different area's have different dates, as do England and Scotland.
Hope you managed to get your scratches out of the van.

Bill.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS