PDA

View Full Version : Sheigra

marmalade
10-08-2006, 07:31
Head North of Ullapool and Scourie (its the only road) turn left to Kinlochbervie, keep going and the site is left when you get into Sheigra on the beach (Sheigra is about 5 buildings so dont worry about getting lost, and the road doesnt go any further). It is an honesty box of 3 no amenities but it is beautiful.

tonyfu
04-08-2007, 07:54
Just sign-posting myself: West coast

highwaylady
06-10-2007, 07:25
Site is now 4 - still beautiful but beware if it rains. Make sure you know where a local farmer with a tractor is based so he can tow you out! If it rains - I camped next to the gate (and cemetery) for free although did put some money in the honesty box anyway!

christine
03-08-2008, 15:20
We had a look at Sheigra last week. Lovely beach although not much view of it when camping. Only one tent here but then it was blowing a gale. We had already stayed the night at Droman jetty, just down the road. This is a good spot, no sign forbidding overnighting although it looked as though there may have been one at some time. It's a surfaced carpark looking out onto a spectacularly wild, craggy coastline. From here you can walk over the headland to beautiful Polin beach.

There is no camping in the carpark at Oldshoremore and the carpark above Polin beach is in a residential area, a bit public.

champstar
24-05-2010, 16:55
Stayed here last year...a very lovely beach..no honesty box you had to pay 5 at a nearby house..it was sign posted.
I echo the comments on be careful if it rains..esp if you go down the hill a bit.
Also be very careful when entering and exiting the field..the gate is just wide enough but the ground was uneven so the van did rock a bit..large van may damge themselves on the gate posts.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS