PDA

View Full Version : york sun/wed in town ctr

l77 tuf
20-07-2009, 18:43
we are there if anyone fancy it sun/wed parkingg on the main car park near weatherspoons at side of river 10 for 24hrs and you have toilets/water and 24 hr survalince so very safe for everyone your more than welcome to come over and say ello

AndyC
20-07-2009, 19:54
we are there if anyone fancy it sun/wed parkingg on the main car park near weatherspoons at side of river 10 for 24hrs and you have toilets/water and 24 hr survalince so very safe for everyone your more than welcome to come over and say ello
I thought all York city centre car parks had height barriers?

AndyC

Telstar
20-07-2009, 20:42
hope its not too near the river with all this rain we have been having?

Jon

l77 tuf
21-07-2009, 04:20
no this car park caters for motorhomes as its used by the tourist coachs in the day

and the river is at the back of the car park you are about 30ft away from bank of it

AndyC
21-07-2009, 08:13
no this car park caters for motorhomes as its used by the tourist coachs in the day

and the river is at the back of the car park you are about 30ft away from bank of it

That's interesting, which car park is it? No restrictions on overnight stays?

[later] Just checked, I guess it's St Georges Field, off Tower Street?

AndyC

l77 tuf
21-07-2009, 13:53
thats the 1 in the town centre

Wee-z
21-07-2009, 19:05
I am pretty sure that one will flood in serious conditions

Take a look at the flood markers just up the river bank:(

we had a look at that one last year but decided to move on

weez
Tony

l77 tuf
22-07-2009, 07:51
trust me it wont flood this weekend the water is not high enough

Old_Arthur
22-07-2009, 10:13
The clean fresh air of yorkshire will do you lanks the world of good the kids won't want to leave:D

l77 tuf
22-07-2009, 16:36
o i arther the kids arent with us so answer that matey its girlfreinds birthday so going alone also we never been during summer months so hopefully it will be nice and weather good for us like southport was for you

Old_Arthur
22-07-2009, 16:56
its showing a good forcast for sat/sunday so enjoy yourselfs:D

l77 tuf
29-07-2009, 19:17
not a nice weekend we both fell in and i got a parking ticket even when you pay for a ticket what the hell is that about never again sorry but we not keen on the place not and just to pixx us off we moved our van after getting the ticket and another mobilehome forign i may i when in thhe spot were we left and didnt get aticket how shxt on us english so i told them to take me to court as i got photo evidance of it

rebilla
14-08-2009, 12:29
hi all,
i have just noticed this thread for parking in york.can you park there anytime or was it just for when you mentioned it. we want to go to york, but when i enquired all the campsites where full and it doesn't seem there are any close enough to walk into york (we don't have transport and can't travel on public tranport as my husband really feels ill doing this).is this car park close enough to walk.any advice on parking in york would be appreciated thanks.

rebilla
14-08-2009, 12:35
o i arther the kids arent with us so answer that matey its girlfreinds birthday so going alone also we never been during summer months so hopefully it will be nice and weather good for us like southport was for you

hi all, interested in parking in york.this carpark sounds like just what we want.are there usually m/h's parked here and can you park there anytime/anyday/night. thanks for advice.

robert b
14-08-2009, 12:38
:)
its showing a good forcast for sat/sunday so enjoy yourselfs:D
hope your right about weather iam of to do a bit of fishing in scarborough

rebilla
14-08-2009, 12:45
hi 177tuf,
we are interested in going to york.this carpark sounds great.is it walking distance into york and are there usually other m/h's parked up.any advice welcome thanks

rebilla
17-08-2009, 15:39
hi all,
we want to go to york so will thought i'd e mail york council about st georges field. they just said do not park in the coach bays or you will get a ticket so i suppose it is ok to park in car bays !!!!!!!!!!!! what do you lot do, pay for 2 bays ? or is there motorhome bays ? thanks for any advice.

Boxerman
17-08-2009, 15:45
The only times that I've been to York is when I've stayed at Naburn Lock campsite and caught the river taxi into the city centre. Pleasant little sail there and back, no parking and quite cheap - can't remember how much but it must have been cheap - I'm "careful" with money :)

Frank

darren
24-10-2009, 17:28
couldyou give me directions to this parking spot please

krol
23-11-2009, 22:04
The clean fresh air of yorkshire will do you lanks the world of good the kids won't want to leave:D

the rose made this ex donny boys heart beat much faster for a moment or tw:)o.

krol
23-11-2009, 22:10
the rose made this ex donny boys heart beat much faster for a moment or tw:)o.

the last time i was in york i overnighted at a pub at the sw side of the racecourse, then parked along racecourse road during the day and walked (10-15mins) into town. easy paarrking, nice stroll, but i cant remember the name of the pub! had a long unusual name but did goodd food and a selection of real ales. :D

blondieandi
23-11-2009, 22:12
Saw lots of vans parked here when we were at CC site with the caravan, thought about taking the campervan here, soundsok. Do you not get moved on?

derekfaeberwick
23-11-2009, 22:13
But!!!!!!!!

Is the car park flooded?:confused:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS