PDA

View Full Version : Hayfields Meet Sptember 5th, and 6th,

lenny
24-07-2009, 21:39
Joan has asked me if I would post a thread to hopefully get some of us together to have a little surprise party to thank Fran and Steve (assistant site managers) fot their efforts as this will be their last weekend.
I know we keep banging on about this site but it really is one of the best cheap and cheerfull sites you,ll find and It,s quite central to most site members.
Let us know your thoughts please, but remember , if you ring them to book up, dont mention the surprise party;):)

Anyone Interested?, I dont know if I can make it just yet but I,ll do my best:rolleyes::cool::)

robert b
24-07-2009, 21:49
hi lenny i will see what we can do

ajs
25-07-2009, 00:54

wonder if we can get all our hairy bikers up fer this 1..:rolleyes:

regards;)
aj

Telstar
25-07-2009, 04:54
I will be in Norfolk that weekend and the following one.

Jon

bodgerndog
26-07-2009, 08:12
I'll try and make that one - my first! - though it's a bit early to be sure just yet...family has a habit of springing stuff on me at the last moment!:eek:

tresrikay
27-07-2009, 08:55
Don't think I can make it as we are back from our hols just 4 days before and are back there for sheepdogs a week or two later, will try to get over for the day on Saturday.

ajs
28-07-2009, 15:19
will try to get over for the day on Saturday.

bring some wiksey with you...:D

regards:cool:
aj

bevdrew
28-07-2009, 15:37
Just had a look at this site on C&CC website - looks lovely and green. Have been C&CC members since we took up motorhoming 2 years ago and haven't discovered this gem yet.

Not far from where I was born, although moved to Scotland (& still here) as a child.

A few miles from home but might be up for our first Wildcamping for Motorhomes "meet" at Hayfield in September.

bevdrew

------------------------------------------------------
Procastination is the thief of time. - Joseph Heller

bob690
28-07-2009, 17:15
Hi Lenny, I think I will be able to make it, keep me posted mate.....Bob

Hayfields
30-07-2009, 16:30
Thanks Lenny We will be there.Hope we have a few turn up it would be nice for Fran & Steve as they will not be with us next year they will probebly be somewhere else. Joan, Kevin & Billy.

robert b
30-07-2009, 17:08
hi joan we cant get that full weekend of to come. but we are going to try and come down in the car for a few hours on the sat. but hoping things might change will keep you informed

rebbyvid
30-07-2009, 20:13
Thanks Lenny We will be there.Hope we have a few turn up it would be nice for Fran & Steve as they will not be with us next year they will probebly be somewhere else. Joan, Kevin & Billy.

Ye best be there we cant have a party without you.:D:D
Will try to make it somehow

Rob

MikeH
10-08-2009, 15:31
Hopefully see you all there :) Will be nice to say hello! :D

Aha just checked Google maps and there are about twentyseventeen Hayfields. Which is it?

robert b
10-08-2009, 15:39
its near glossop in the high peak district post code is sk22 2le

Polly
14-08-2009, 17:39
Hia
SORRY I don't think I can make this meet as our George is 8 on the Friday and he is racing on the Sunday so is having his party on the field on Saturday and I have had a personnal invitation which I cannot refuse BUT if something happens and plans change I will contact you and will be seeing you for a swaying/rockking evening:confused::confused:.

famous4
14-08-2009, 18:20
We would love to elbow our way into a 'get together' of fellow wildy campers but would hate to gatecrash an organised party for known friends....so I guess what I am asking is: is the Hayfields Meet open to everyone as a general social event in which us rather shy 'internet lurker' types can get involved and introduce ourselves?

lenny
14-08-2009, 18:27
We would love to elbow our way into a 'get together' of fellow wildy campers but would hate to gatecrash an organised party for known friends....so I guess what I am asking is: is the Hayfields Meet open to everyone as a general social event in which us rather shy 'internet lurker' types can get involved and introduce ourselves?

Hiya Famous4;), you,d be more than welcome,the more the merrier:), just dont be too shy to introduce yourselves:cool:

robert b
16-08-2009, 12:17
hayfieild sept meet we will be coming down. but can only come for day as denise is working in the morning so we coming in the car see you all there .

grath
23-08-2009, 07:53
Joan has asked me if I would post a thread to hopefully get some of us together to have a little surprise party to thank Fran and Steve (assistant site managers) fot their efforts as this will be their last weekend.
I know we keep banging on about this site but it really is one of the best cheap and cheerfull sites you,ll find and It,s quite central to most site members.
Let us know your thoughts please, but remember , if you ring them to book up, dont mention the surprise party;):)

Anyone Interested?, I dont know if I can make it just yet but I,ll do my best:rolleyes::cool::)

Thanks for the invitation.:cool:
If we can make it we will,:) depends on the work situation:confused:

ajs
23-08-2009, 11:19

len... as unofficial disorganiser... put up a list of who's cummin...:eek:...:cool:

put me inanall... +bike and 3 bottles of scotch :D

regards;)
aj

Pioneer
23-08-2009, 13:42
Hi Lenny,
not returned home from the last Hayfield meet yet:) still in Bonny scotland, should be back for the next meet up.
Sorry missed you after the Air show at Sunderland, but the show was great and the Vulcan Bomber was something else, what a day!

Happy Camping:)
Bill.

ajs
23-08-2009, 14:28
Hi Lenny,
not returned home from the last Hayfield meet yet:) Bill.

cummon..own up... yer lost aintyer eh :eek:

regards:D
aj

lenny
23-08-2009, 15:50

September 5th. and 6th.

So far it looks like 9 vans attending and 2 popping in for the party;):)

Lenny
Bob690
Ajs
Pioneer
Bodgerdog
Bevdrew
Rebbyvid
MikeH
Famous4
Grath is going to try and get along.(With Ladytramp ,of course)
All to be confirmed:cool:

Allanb and Tresrikay will also be popping in for a while.

grath
23-08-2009, 16:14
Wrong weekend for us Lenny as a bank holiday the weekend before, but as I said we will try to make it.:)

ajs
23-08-2009, 20:27

booked 3 nights

anyone else turning up on friday :confused::confused:

regards;)
aj

MikeH
24-08-2009, 10:26
Do I need to book or can I turn up?

robert b
24-08-2009, 11:30
its a c@cc so you may have to book we always do when we go .give them a ring

MikeH
24-08-2009, 18:47
Thanks. Just phoned but got a message saying bookings could be taken via the website and I`m not a c&cc member so I cant do that. Will call again tomorrow.

Telstar
24-08-2009, 19:44
Mike,

Might be worth you joining. They charge extra for non members. Doesn't take much before you are cheaper to be a member.

Jon

just looked up price for non members is an extra 6.60/night. Membership fee is around 35 for the year.

MikeH
24-08-2009, 20:58
Jon you have pm :)

Now the c&cc joining form on their website is broken :( Did I step on the cracks when I went out walking today? :confused:

Ok, got c&cc membership, tried phoning Hayfields but getting no answer. Website won`t accept wifes card.

Polly
25-08-2009, 16:27
Hi
Mike H try pm the hayfields as they are on the forum
The Hayfields are the wardens of hayfield

Chrissy
25-08-2009, 17:06
Hi
Mike H try pm the hayfields as they are on the forum
The Hayfields are the wardens of hayfield

I PM'd them twice and no response :(

I've also PM'd them before - again with no response :(.

That's not very polite :confused:

Chrissy

MikeH
25-08-2009, 17:25
Just phoned again - guess what?

Think I`ll just turn up.

grath
25-08-2009, 17:26
I PM'd them twice and no response :(

I've also PM'd them before - again with no response :(.

That's not very polite :confused:

Chrissy

Hi Chrissy.
Joan is very busy at this time of the year and I dont think she has much time to go onto Wildcamping.
I would ring her if you can as she is very nice:)

flashingblade
25-08-2009, 18:26
hi all. i will check our diary and book through ccc as soon as possible. it's great to see you all and don't want to miss this one.

MikeH
25-08-2009, 20:07
Success! The website worked this time so we`ll definitely see you all there :)

flashingblade
26-08-2009, 18:28
i'm surprised i got booked on at last minute. we will prob get on site fri eve, just before dark ( traffic dep )!! look forward to meeting old friends and making new ones. shame, i read a few of you won't be there. sure we will catch up some other time.

ajs
26-08-2009, 18:35
i'm surprised i got booked on at last minute. we will prob get on site fri eve, just before dark .

last minute...:eek:... a week and a bit te go yet :rolleyes:

soon as yer settled come and knock me up...:cool:
AJS logo and coat of arms on the cab doors

don't get excited...metaphorically :D

regards;)
aj

ajs
27-08-2009, 10:48

just to let you know that if anyone intends bringing their bike to hayfield on the satdee i will be riding this route....trough of bowland :D

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/7446/hayfieldcccbowlandtod.jpg

and on the sunday a shorter ride over the pennines :rolleyes:
(only 150 miles this 1):p

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/292/hayfieldsundaypenninero.jpg

you are of course welcome to join me.:cool:

regards ;)
aj

Pioneer
27-08-2009, 13:29
Hi all,
booked for Saturday nights party, if Angie can manage time away from work, may arrive friday.
What would Mr AJ like to consume? Knockando, Aberlour, Tomatin, Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, Glenfarclas, or The Balvenie?
You see I wasn't lost in Scotland, just picking up supplies:D and sampling on the way.:p

Think maybe Rick will attend now?;)

Telstar
27-08-2009, 20:59
I have wrote to the C&CC praising the wardens and assistant wardens at this site. The email has been forwarded from the marketing director to the sites director. I don't think that they get many letters praising the wardens. Perhaps others may wish to email them on bob.hill@thefriendlyclub.co.uk

Jon

ajs
27-08-2009, 21:10
Hi all,
booked for Saturday nights party, if Angie can manage time away from work, may arrive friday.
What would Mr AJ like to consume? Knockando, Aberlour, Tomatin, Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, Glenfarclas, or The Balvenie?
You see I wasn't lost in Scotland, just picking up supplies and sampling on the way.

Happy Camping

Think maybe Rick will attend now?

yerknow styonrear... you are my favourite ingrishman livin in wales :D:D

oohhh i'm alla quiver:o....sounds like a sampling line-emup job te me...:D

startin friday night :eek:

OI tresuredicky... i here yer not well.. not well enough te come anyway...:rolleyes:
gottacough..furkcough:D:D

regards;)
aj

Pioneer
31-08-2009, 16:42
Hi Lenny,
will be with you on Friday/Sat/Sun now, Angie is working, so will have to go to the pub by myself:D
Anyone dining out Friday? at the Sportsmans.

Polly
31-08-2009, 16:52
Hia
I am SO SO SORRY but will not be able to join you all not even for an afternoon or an evening.
will catch up at the sheep dog trails

EVERYONE ENJOY YOURSELVES AS I KNOW YOU WILL

grath
31-08-2009, 17:36
We also will not be able to make it as one of our taps has gone down on our wild weekend on Anglesey and I must fix it prior to any more outings.
I think it may be the micro switch as the pump works ok.
Now we are home I will test it properly when I get the time & inclination.
Seals came to visit us a couple of times and only about 50 feet from our van:cool:
Money can't buy those moments:)

robert b
31-08-2009, 18:19
we are going down in car as vans gone in for major repairs finally getting it sorted out

ajs
31-08-2009, 19:10
Anyone dining out Friday? at the Sportsmans.

yep... me:p..on you then:D

regards:rolleyes:
aj

NorfolkanGood
02-09-2009, 13:53
We have just decided spur of the moment to come along, too!
I managed to rearrange a few things to be able to travel up Friday, but we will be leaving for home on Sunday, cos school starts again Monday.

We will have my 8 year old daughter with us. Is there any other children going to be there?

Looking forward to meeting up with some new people. Please say Hi if you see our van!

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm98/Lisa-Lane/IMG_3832.jpg

grath
02-09-2009, 14:02
I have wrote to the C&CC praising the wardens and assistant wardens at this site. The email has been forwarded from the marketing director to the sites director. I don't think that they get many letters praising the wardens. Perhaps others may wish to email them on bob.hill@thefriendlyclub.co.uk

Jon

ladytramp wrote a nice letter at the start of the season (or just before) but I don't think it was forwarded on to Hayfield:(

MikeH
02-09-2009, 14:06
We will have my 8 year old daughter with us. Is there any other children going to be there?

Yes, our 8 year old son will be with us. We`ll be arriving sometime on Saturday. See you there!

ajs
02-09-2009, 16:01

problem :mad:

...laid low on Monday evening with an attack of the vertigos:eek:
....like being permanently pithed without the pleasure of having a drink :rolleyes:
... and feeling sick every time yer move....:(

will see how it goes and will make a decision on Thursday afternoon...:confused:

regards :mad:
aj

robert b
02-09-2009, 16:34
hope your feeling better soon

Pioneer
02-09-2009, 17:21

problem :mad:

...laid low on Monday evening with an attack of the vertigos:eek:
....like being permanently pithed without the pleasure of having a drink :rolleyes:
... and feeling sick every time yer move....:(

will see how it goes and will make a decision on Thursday afternoon...:confused:

regards :mad:
aj

You been at the bottle or what?:rolleyes: Hope you feel better soon.
Take care.
Bill.

tresrikay
02-09-2009, 18:26
Hi all,
You see I wasn't lost in Scotland, just picking up supplies:D and sampling on the way.:p

Think maybe Rick will attend now?;)

It would be the greatest of traversties to waste such a noble selection of malts upon the palate of that ......... philistine........ that..... cut purse........... that vagabond............ ne're do well...and down right ,,,,,,ninconpoop A.J.S,................ so for that reason ,,,,,,and that reason only that I have clearered the decks.... abandoned all my charity work, cancelled the appointments of all those plaudits and needy seeking my wisdom and decided to attend on Saturday and to stay untill Sunday.

Thats the sort of stallwart i am when it comes to seeing an act of pure vandalism and wanton destruction, I am there at the baracades, waving the flag, defending the virtue of........... THE SINGLE MALT>

lenny
02-09-2009, 19:09
It would be the greatest of traversties to waste such a noble selection of malts upon the palate of that ......... philistine........ that..... cut purse........... that vagabond............ ne're do well...and down right ,,,,,,ninconpoop A.J.S,................ so for that reason ,,,,,,and that reason only that I have clearered the decks.... abandoned all my charity work, cancelled the appointments of all those plaudits and needy seeking my wisdom and decided to attend on Saturday and to stay untill Sunday.

Thats the sort of stallwart i am when it comes to seeing an act of pure vandalism and wanton destruction, I am there at the baracades, waving the flag, defending the virtue of........... THE SINGLE MALT>

Great post Rick;), I just knew Pioneer(Bill) would talk you into it:rolleyes:
Sadly ,just as I thought ,I dont think I,ll be attending this one:( for various reasons. Nevertheless I,m certain you will all have an excellent get together as usual.
Will make a decision on Friday after work.

maingate
02-09-2009, 19:11
And to make it worse there would have been another two 8 year olds for AJ to play with.

Get well soon Amadeus Jebediah

Pioneer
02-09-2009, 19:20

Just knew you could not resist.:D
Cheers,
Bill.

ajs
03-09-2009, 00:11

iffin i don't make it cryontear... yer can leave yer bottles at home...:cool:
don't waste a fine selection like that on that self confessed connoisseur of ditch water:(...
you know whatsiname...oh yes... that pleasuredicky fella... :rolleyes:
it'll just go in 1 end and cum out tother with no appreciation in the middle :confused:

:eek:

regards :D
aj

Pioneer
03-09-2009, 10:10
I have no doubt that we will enjoy a wee dram or two and think about you as we gently let the smooth Malts trickle down to the taste buds, purely medicinal you understand. Will try to save a few dregs for next we meet.
Get well soon.
I can see it now, you'll allow the misses to drive just to get to the meet;):D
See ya.

ajs
03-09-2009, 10:46
I have no doubt that we will enjoy a wee dram or two and think about you as we gently let the smooth Malts trickle down to the taste buds, purely medicinal you understand. Will try to save a few dregs for next we meet.
Get well soon.
I can see it now, you'll allow the misses to drive just to get to the meet;)
See ya.

pair of nastids :mad::mad::mad:

a few dregs...:eek: oh fanks...:(

fraid she cant drive a manual car let alone a truck...:rolleyes:
i'll be letting her have a go when i need an insurance claim :D

iffin you were a mate.. you'd swing by and pick me up :cool:

regards :rolleyes:
aj

bevdrew
03-09-2009, 10:53
Bother - may have to postpone our first meet with you mad lot!

MH has two dud batteries and replacements still not arrived (we not fitted our solar panels yet either).

and

Kitchen contract this week has overrun and will be until working late pm on Friday - leaving us no time to do the 4hr+ drive down.

So annoyed - was looking forward to meet (even though I don't like whisky - sorry!) and returning to area I was born.

bev

Pioneer
03-09-2009, 11:49
Bother - may have to postpone our first meet with you mad lot!

MH has two dud batteries and replacements still not arrived (we not fitted our solar panels yet either).

and

Kitchen contract this week has overrun and will be until working late pm on Friday - leaving us no time to do the 4hr+ drive down.

So annoyed - was looking forward to meet (even though I don't like whisky - sorry!) and returning to area I was born.

bev

Hi bevdrew,
long way to travel, but workload permitting hope you can make it. Don't worry about not liking the Malt, we have a couple of members that have been reared on it from childbirth:D

Bill.

ajs
03-09-2009, 14:08
It would be the greatest of traversties to waste such a noble selection of malts upon the palate of that ......... philistine........ that..... cut purse........... that vagabond............ ne're do well...and down right ,,,,,,ninconpoop A.J.S,................ so for that reason ,,,,,,and that reason only that I have clearered the decks.... >

jeeeeez measurelickie:mad:... you've missed out half my CV :eek::eek::eek:

regards :p
aj

ajs
03-09-2009, 14:13
And to make it worse there would have been another two 8 year olds for AJ to play with.

Get well soon Amadeus Jebediah

wasted on me these days:o... can't eat a whole one anymore :eek:

aj

tresrikay
03-09-2009, 18:28
jeeeeez measurelickie:mad:... you've missed out half my CV :eek::eek::eek:

aj

Cad.....Bounder.........Brigand.........Gutter snipe...........Warlock.........turncoat........,, ,,,,,,,,,Am I getting there ...or near..... yet

ajs
03-09-2009, 19:33
Cad.....Bounder.........Brigand.........Gutter snipe...........Warlock.........turncoat........,, ,,,,,,,,,Am I getting there ...or near..... yet

i'm sure you will do better with some of pieonrears wiksey inside you...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

yernastid :D

aj

official... i aint gunna make it :mad::mad: friggin gutted :mad:

grath
04-09-2009, 12:25
We also will not be able to make it as one of our taps has gone down on our wild weekend on Anglesey and I must fix it prior to any more outings.
I think it may be the micro switch as the pump works ok.
Now we are home I will test it properly when I get the time & inclination.
Seals came to visit us a couple of times and only about 50 feet from our van:cool:
Money can't buy those moments:)

Now repaired the tap by fitting a new micro switch, quite an easy job, could have been a lot worse. Got next day delivery from Leisureshop direct (excellent service)
Still can't come to the meet though, however we do hope that you guys have a great time:) and don't get too horizontal on all that scotch that Rick & Co will be handing out:D

bevdrew
04-09-2009, 15:55
Well, that's a new one on me - had to cancel my booking for Hayfield (Fri & Sat) this morning, & was told that I will lose my deposit, which incidentally was also the whole of the booking fee for weekend. :( We have been members of C&CC on and off for 20-odd years and I am sure I've had refunds in the past - even on the actual booked date.

We received a refund in July this year, when daughter and grandson (in pup tent) left the C&CC site we were on 2 days before we did (had already paid for us all for full term of booking). So I was confused when told "no refund" today. It was suggested that I write to head office.

Have a great weekend chaps & gals - hope to meet you some other time. :D

bev & drew

rebbyvid
04-09-2009, 16:25
sure Grath will enlighten you on this subject as he had a similar problem
Rob

grath
04-09-2009, 16:34
sure Grath will enlighten you on this subject as he had a similar problem
Rob

Mine was at a different site and different circumstances. We did cancel 2 days prior to the booking due to the constant heavy winter rain. The site managers even said on the phone that they would refund due to the water drenched site but they did not and I had to write to HQ and explain.
But normally they would not have and to cancel on the day, I would have thought you would need a pretty good reason to expect any refund. For all that we know, they may have turned away bookings.
As we all know the Managers at Hayfield are the best around, and would bend over backwards if they could. Maybe their hands are tied.
We also cancelled at another C & CC site 2 days before as Ladytramp badly twisted her ankle and could not walk (she was off work for a week) and we received a refund.
But we have also had to cancel at another site and we lost our money.
It all depends on circumstances and reasons.

tresrikay
04-09-2009, 17:31
i'm sure you will do better with some of pieonrears wiksey inside you...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

yernastid :D

aj

official... i aint gunna make it :mad::mad: friggin gutted :mad:

looks like the Haitian doll, needles and a voodoo charm or two did the trick then:p

robert b
04-09-2009, 17:59
how many vans are you expecting rick

tresrikay
04-09-2009, 18:25
how many vans are you expecting rick

Between 6 & 9 depending on who turns up.
see you in the morrow Allan.

MikeH
04-09-2009, 18:33
We should arrive early/mid afternoon tomorrow.

Polly
04-09-2009, 18:53
Hia
Friday T time
Just arrived home absoultly Knacked after having a 4 day break in a lovely RAINY RAINY climate with George 24 hours a day sure it was 48 hours in a day where I was
plus a birthday today 'cause he is now 8.
We got home and I was invited again to join them at Anthorpe? I had to decline because I have never felt so tired. Phoned my brother to say I was home and he said to go up to Hayfield at the present time it is taking me all my time to lift my glass of red wne. Lets see what tomoorow brings and if I get out of my pit I will give Joan and Kev a ring

lenny
04-09-2009, 19:11
So sorry I cant make this meet:(, I know you will all have a great time;), give my regards to Fran and Steve, and of course Joan and kev.
Hope to see you all again soon.:)

ajs
05-09-2009, 00:52
looks like the Haitian doll, needles and a voodoo charm or two did the trick then:p

i'llavya:mad:...one dark evenin when yer least expec:eek:... i'llavya :p

:) have wonderful weekend won't you...:D

aj

ajs
05-09-2009, 09:36

i ope those pair of nastids have the mother of all hangeovers this mornin:D.. oooooh i do i do ido...:D:D

aj

MikeH
05-09-2009, 11:52
Setting off now. Should be there by 2.30 :)

rebbyvid
05-09-2009, 14:33
Something has come up at last minute so not going to make the party ,maybe get round tomorrow if time .all the best Fran and Steve hope you have a great time and everyone else of course
rob

robert b
05-09-2009, 22:10
we went down to hayfield to say farewell to fran and steve and had a good time the bbq was as good as ever. i would like to thank rick for his hospitality till the bbq started there was a good turn out for it . we cant wait to get back for closing meet once again thanks to all for a realy good time see you all soon. allan and denise

NorfolkanGood
06-09-2009, 08:00
We arrived on the Friday 5pm in the middle of a downpour. Got drenched setting up the awning, and the pitch turned into a quagmire :(

Spent Friday night drying out clothes on the gas fire and trying to keep an 8 year old entertained inside the van because it was still wet and miserable outdoors.

By Saturday afternoon our pitch was still a mud bath inside the awning, and since we had had no contact from anyone else there who may be from this site, we thought the meet may have been cancelled?

So, we decided to cut our losses and packed up. We drove up to Manchester to spend the night with friends and get a hot bath.

Oh well, sorry not to see see anyone. We don't seem to have much luck at 'meets.' Maybe next time.

grath
06-09-2009, 08:31
We arrived on the Friday 5pm in the middle of a downpour. Got drenched setting up the awning, and the pitch turned into a quagmire :(

Spent Friday night drying out clothes on the gas fire and trying to keep an 8 year old entertained inside the van because it was still wet and miserable outdoors.

By Saturday afternoon our pitch was still a mud bath inside the awning, and since we had had no contact from anyone else there who may be from this site, we thought the meet may have been cancelled?

So, we decided to cut our losses and packed up. We drove up to Manchester to spend the night with friends and get a hot bath.

Oh well, sorry not to see see anyone. We don't seem to have much luck at 'meets.' Maybe next time.

Sorry and disappointed that you did not meet anybody,:( a similar situation happened before and it was suggested that the meet organiser arrange to put up some sort of sign, however you could have asked the site managers and I am sure that they would have pointed you in the right direction.:confused:
The post above yours indicated that the BBQ was going on in the hospitality tent alongside Joan & Kevin's caravan and M/H, did you not see this ?.:confused:
Also were there not any vans with the Wildcamping sticker?:confused:
I was not there,:( therefore I don't know what the weather was like,and from your post I can only presume that it put a damper on your weekend.:( Sorry that you missed the meet,:( better luck next time:)

edit,
Just noticed that you left on Saturday afternoon , therefore you would not have been there or seen the BBQ & get together ( or had the superb smell of Kevins cooking):) on Sat evening.

robert b
06-09-2009, 11:20
hi grath. weather was good when we got there in fact sun got out early evening. we had a good time didnt want to leave .no vans on site with stickers that i saw only my car we met two new members mike h and family i think a good time was had by all.

robert b
06-09-2009, 11:46
hi norfolfolkangood. sorry you had it a bit rough when you arrived on site with the weather being bad but on a good day when most of the wildys are there is a great place to be they are a great freindly bunch ive only been on about 6 meets with them and enjoyed every one. maybe better luck next time . ps. dont be put of by one bad day.allan b

grath
06-09-2009, 12:51
hi grath. weather was good when we got there in fact sun got out early evening. we had a good time didnt want to leave .no vans on site with stickers that i saw only my car we met two new members mike h and family i think a good time was had by all.

Very pleased that the weather was kind to you for the evening BBQ.:cool: I must admit that had we have been there before the BBQ then we would have had to have asked who was from Wildcamping as we have so many new members and we have only attended 2 meets within the last 12 months. therefore don't know many.:(
I think that when wilders book on to a site for a meet they should or could make it known to the site Managers that they are part of the Wildcamping meet and ask where the others are located.:)
If everybody did this there should be no problem in meeting up.:)
I understand that some may be shy and new members may feel that we all know each other and that they are the only ones that don't know others and maybe are embarrassed to ask:(.
Just my thoughts.anyway, welcome to all new members:) I hope you will all enjoy:cool:

ajs
06-09-2009, 13:49

leisuremicky and dieonrear should have been easy te spot :confused::confused:...
the 2 little old fellas crawlin on all 4's in the mud with a bottle of scotch in each hand...:eek:

simples :D

aj

MikeH
06-09-2009, 14:22
We got back 30 mins ago. Had a really enjoyable first meet - the friendliness and hospitality we received are something you guys should be proud of. I`m not shy at all (just tired after a long week followed by a drive to a new place) but was more than happy that Bill and Rick came over to my van and introduced themselves.

Norfolkangood, its a pity you didnt hang on a little while longer. We arrived at about 3pm so you must have only just missed us. We saw the fields had been rained on but from then on, it stayed dry all weekend. It wasnt really cold either. Next time eh?

I think we need some way of identifying ourselves on site - how about flying a pair of mens shorts from your mh arial? haha in-joke for those that were there ;)

robert b
06-09-2009, 14:31
there is window stickers on sale from zeezee who is a site member. we are all in the process of getting them not been on sale long at three fifty they are good look for stickers post you will find out how to puchase one if you want.glad you enjoyed the weekend to.hope to see you all soon

MikeH
06-09-2009, 14:33
Yeah, I`ve read about the stickers but not keen on cluttering my windows. I`d fly a small flag or pennant if they`re available.

robert b
06-09-2009, 14:37
sorry mate no flags as yet

zeezee16
06-09-2009, 15:51
Yeah, I`ve read about the stickers but not keen on cluttering my windows. I`d fly a small flag or pennant if they`re available.
External stickers are available too.
Cheers, Pete.

grath
06-09-2009, 15:56
Ill have a couple of internal stickers when we next see you

tresrikay
07-09-2009, 18:38
External stickers are available too.
Cheers, Pete.

Send us a p.m. with your address and I will send you a cheky wecky.

tresrikay
07-09-2009, 18:44
Thanks to all that came to this party, sorry we missed you Norfolk, I did ask Joan when I arrived if there were any other Wilders, She did not know you were one of us.
I make a point of going to introduce myself to any newbies ( once to my regret) So please do not be put off. I would have been knocking on your van had I known. Bill (Pioneer) was there a day before me and he would have done the same had he known.

lenny
07-09-2009, 19:09
I make a point of going to introduce myself to any newbies ( once to my regret) So please do not be put off. I would have been knocking onyour van had I known. Bill (Pioneer) was their a day before me and he would have done the same had he known.

I can vouch for you on this one Rick;), Indeed If I remember right it was yourself,Grath and Ladytramp that welcomed us to the fold at Hayfield:), I must say, I,m pleased that you did cos we may have been too shy to introduce ourselves.:o;):)

tresrikay
07-09-2009, 19:29
I can vouch for you on this one Rick;), Indeed If I remember right it was yourself,Grath and Ladytramp that welcomed us to the fold at Hayfield:), I must say, I,m pleased that you did cos we may have been too shy to introduce ourselves.:o;):)

YOU are just so Modest Lenny.....

ajs
07-09-2009, 21:17
I would have been knocking on your van had I been sober. Bill (Pioneer) was there a day before me and he would have done the same had he not been pithed as a newt.

that's betterer...:D:D

aj

Pioneer
08-09-2009, 14:45
Hi ,
just arrived back from Hayfield, having arrived early Friday evening, found a spot (pinched Rick's hardstanding:D) Was so hungry, had dinner then went to the Sportsmans for a pint or two, so would have missed saying hello to anyone including Norfolkandgood, sorry mate, hope we meet next time.
Didn't see anyone on Saturday am, due to walk in the hill's with flashingblade and new hot water bottle:D and his mate Les and misses.
I can say that it was a great weekend as usual, with another first class BBQ, and a lot of the Malt consumed.
Yes Aj we had the mother of all hangovers, it was Rick's Laphroig that did me, it's an aneasthetic in disguise! plus the bottle of Macallan, and the Irish brought in by a non member. Oh dear, not even dregs left for poorly Ajs. I'm sure you will make up for it next time;)
Thanks to all who attended, for making it yet another great meet, and farewell to Steve and Fran, have a safe journey to your home in France.

grath
08-09-2009, 18:38
[QUOTE=Pioneer;67312]Hi ,
just arrived back from Hayfield, having arrived early Friday evening, found a spot (pinched Rick's hardstanding:D) :D:eek::D:eek:
And you still live to tell the tale:D:eek::D:eek:

grath
08-09-2009, 18:44
Just thought, you had better watch out for those voodoo dolls & pins :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

mandrake
08-09-2009, 19:27
seems like hayfield was good again glad you all seemed to enjoy bit ,far away from us now. but anyone down here in s/wales that see us (you cannot mis the van )it has mandrake on the front are more than welcome to stop for a while, ps at the moment we are in merther tydfil helping our daughter move in her new place, but we get all over the brecons and up to mumbles when we get the time

Pioneer
08-09-2009, 19:30
Just thought, you had better watch out for those voodoo dolls & pins :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

Makes you wonder what is going to happen to me? Aj was struck down with the vertigo thingy, so that he wasn't able to come and consume the Malt, no doubt.
I wonder;):D

lenny
08-09-2009, 19:40
seems like hayfield was good again glad you all seemed to enjoy bit ,far away from us now. but anyone down here in s/wales that see us (you cannot mis the van )it has mandrake on the front are more than welcome to stop for a while, ps at the moment we are in merther tydfil helping our daughter move in her new place, but we get all over the brecons and up to mumbles when we get the time

Great to see you posting again Graham,you,ve been a big miss;), sounds like youre enjoying the fulltiming carry on, tell us more:rolleyes:.
As you can see ,we have lots of new and interesting/amusing members on here now and the site has gone from strength to strength:).

Good luck in your venture;)

grath
08-09-2009, 19:49
Great to see you posting again Graham,you,ve been a big miss;), sounds like youre enjoying the fulltiming carry on, tell us more:rolleyes:.
As you can see ,we have lots of new and interesting/amusing members on here now and the site has gone from strength to strength:).

Good luck in your venture;)

Dito:):):):cool::cool::cool:

ajs
09-09-2009, 00:01
Makes you wonder what is going to happen to me? Aj was struck down with the vertigo thingy, so that he wasn't able to come and consume the Malt, no doubt.
I wonder;):D

well... if you've consumed all his Laphroig...you hav't long left :eek::rolleyes:

regards :D
aj

redgate
09-09-2009, 05:34
What date in sept are you going to hayfield I hope to have a new van by then .

Pioneer
09-09-2009, 09:20
What date in sept are you going to hayfield I hope to have a new van by then .

Hi redgate,
the next Hayfield meet is the last weekend in October, when this lovely site closes. Many members will be at that meet, hopefully showing off with the new www.Wildcamping.co.uk stickers, so should be easily recognised, failing that, ask Joan and Kevin (Managers) for the info on arrival.
Book online for it, or phone the site direct.

ajs
09-09-2009, 11:11
Hi redgate,
the next Hayfield meet is the last weekend in October, when this lovely site closes. Many members will be at that meet, hopefully showing off with the new www.Wildcamping.co.uk (http://www.Wildcamping.co.uk) stickers, so should be easily recognised, failing that, ask Joan and Kevin (Managers) for the info on arrival.
Book online for it, or phone the site direct.

no it's not... i'm goin sheepsnaggin up there the weekend after this...:cool:
that is.. iffin i can find me wellies..:eek:.. if not i'll borrow trickydickies:p

aj

and iffin i can drive :confused::mad:

Pioneer
09-09-2009, 12:23
no it's not... i'm goin sheepsnaggin up there the weekend after this...:cool:
that is.. iffin i can find me wellies..:eek:.. if not i'll borrow trickydickies:p

aj

and iffin i can drive :confused::mad:
Hi Aj,
Sorry forgot about the sheepish weekend, only because we won't be there, due to other things, and the fact it's costing a bloody fortune in Malt:D
We may not even get to the closing meet:( but hope you all enjoy the sheepys and Ajs's Malt;)

zeezee16
09-09-2009, 15:21
Tight Git. Stick some Bells in a malt bottle, most of them won't tell the difference, then there's more good stuff for me.........
Cheers, Pete

Pioneer
09-09-2009, 15:29
Hi Pete,
your probably right mate, but don't think we can make it to the meets, hope you have a great time.
BTW the stickers look great on, and if people don't see them, they shouldn't be driving!:D
See you,
Bill.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS