PDA

View Full Version : Highland Gathering (near Inverness): 6th - 9th July

magbrin
03-01-2018, 20:24
This year the Highland Gathering will be a little later as we will be in Europe until mid-June.

We will be holding the Highland Gathering at Brin (IV2 6XD), near Inverness from 6th - 9th July. It will be free, but we do ask for donations to the Neil Mackenzie Trust: The Neil Mackenzie Trust (http://www.theneilmackenzietrust.wordpress.com) It will follow the tried and tested pattern, with BBQ, walks, trip to the Dores Inn on Loch Ness, etc. - you can join in as much or as little as you like. Numbers will be limited. I am taking names now, but will ask for confirmation when I post more detail nearer the time.

Looking forward to meeting old friends and making new ones.

Tonybvi
04-01-2018, 16:24
Margaret,
Happy New Year to you all.
We plan on coming up again if we are allowed. My Dad’s 100th birthday party is down in Lancashire on 1st but that gives us plenty of time to get back up for the Gathering.
Looking forward to seeing everybody at the ceilidh in Edinburgh before then though.
Tony & Sue

brucews
05-01-2018, 08:17
Good Morning Margaret, can you include us please? I still need to check the dates with Pat's calendar, but we should be free for it.
Thanks, Bruce

norman64
06-01-2018, 10:50
can you include us please?

highlandron
07-01-2018, 21:39
Hi Margaret, could you please include us. Due to circumstances we might not be able to fully commit until April / May but will let you know soonest. Many thanks.

magbrin
09-01-2018, 13:11
All of you are on the early list. Looking forward to seeing old friends squashed in to their new van and meeting new friends :-)

Margaret,
Happy New Year to you all.
We plan on coming up again if we are allowed. My Dad’s 100th birthday party is down in Lancashire on 1st but that gives us plenty of time to get back up for the Gathering.
Looking forward to seeing everybody at the ceilidh in Edinburgh before then though.
Tony & Sue

Still tickets for the ceilidh in Edinburgh -27th January, in aid of The Neil Mackenzie Trust. Let me know if you would like more details of it.

wingedone
10-01-2018, 12:16
Hi Margaret, Happy New Year to you and yours. Can you include me in, thoroughly enjoyed last October with you all. Cheers Pam

This year the Highland Gathering will be a little later as we will be in Europe until mid-June.

We will be holding the Highland Gathering at Brin (IV2 6XD), near Inverness from 6th - 9th July. It will be free, but we do ask for donations to the Neil Mackenzie Trust: The Neil Mackenzie Trust (http://www.theneilmackenzietrust.wordpress.com) It will follow the tried and tested pattern, with BBQ, walks, trip to the Dores Inn on Loch Ness, etc. - you can join in as much or as little as you like. Numbers will be limited. I am taking names now, but will ask for confirmation when I post more detail nearer the time.

Looking forward to meeting old friends and making new ones.

magbrin
13-01-2018, 16:36
Hi Margaret, Happy New Year to you and yours. Can you include me in, thoroughly enjoyed last October with you all. Cheers Pam

You're, down, Pam - look forward to seeing you again!

jagmanx
16-01-2018, 08:47
Whereabouts in Europe ?

magbrin
16-01-2018, 13:11
Whereabouts in Europe ?

Did you mean to ask this, here, Phil? I think you know where it is - you have been here twice before!

magbrin
21-01-2018, 12:14
Thanks for your pm, Phil, now I understand!
The answer is probably the Rhine & Moselle valleys. Crossing to Amsterdam mid May - Mid June. As I will still be doing all the driving we don't want to cover too much distance, so will spend a certain amount of time on our bikes!

nightman
21-01-2018, 14:42
Yes please coming if allowed
Ill try to be good
Thanks Iain

Tonybvi
21-01-2018, 14:46
Ill try to be good
Thanks Iain

How about bringing Katie along this time, especially if you plan on being good!

nightman
21-01-2018, 15:25
How about bringing Katie along this time, especially if you plan on being good!

Katie has to look after the 2 dogs and the 5 cats
that's why I have to be good or she wont let me back

Lochlomond22
21-01-2018, 16:54
would like to visit gathering in July @ Inverness:wave::wave::wave::wave: Jim

magbrin
21-01-2018, 17:42
Ill try to be good
Thanks Iain

You're in, Iain. We know that it is difficult, so we'll forgive a little slippage in your goodness!

Colin Rae
30-01-2018, 12:41
Can I be included please?

lowflier
01-02-2018, 13:09
Can we be included for the highland gathering also
Neil & Linda :D:D

magbrin
01-02-2018, 15:41
Lochlomond22, Colin Rae and lowflier - you are all down. I will be posting nearer the time with more details and for confirmation. Looking forward to some better weather and to meeting you all!

magbrin
19-02-2018, 12:30
Just to let you know we had a very ordinary meal at Dores yesterday. Our pub lunch has become a major part of the HIghland Gathering and Dores is a very picturesque spot on Loch Ness - but do you all want to go there, or should we find somewhere different? All the usual arguements hold - will see what you think before saying any more!

jagmanx
19-02-2018, 12:53
Just to let you know we had a very ordinary meal at Dores yesterday. Our pub lunch has become a major part of the HIghland Gathering and Dores is a very picturesque spot on Loch Ness - but do you all want to go there, or should we find somewhere different? All the usual arguements hold - will see what you think before saying any more!

Nothing specific but the usual problem when a venue gets too busy
No real complaints but a bit ordinary and costly for "bulk food items".

We hope to be in Italy in the summer so unfortunately we wont make the Gathering

What else is available ? and near ? and they do supply a taxi/minibus !

Deleted user 21925
19-02-2018, 14:53
Nothing specific but the usual problem when a venue gets too busy
No real complaints but a bit ordinary and costly for "bulk food items".

We hope to be in Italy in the summer so unfortunately we wont make the Gathering

What else is available ? and near ? and they do supply a taxi/minibus !

The Drumnadrochit Hotel used to send a minibus out free of charge, but that was a few years back. The food was very good then.

EDIT: I see now that it is on the wrong side of the loch so would be quite a journey!

brucews
20-02-2018, 08:07

I presume that you gave the Inn some constructive feedback, along with a reminder that our meeting was anticipating an excellent lunch experience when we are hoping to visit them? I am not too familiar with that side of the Loch, but happy to go with the flow.
Bruce

Tonybvi
20-02-2018, 18:32
Hi Margaret & Angus

When Sue and I are out for a meal three things are important to us - the company, the atmosphere, the food. Provided the company and surroundings are good we can put up with mediocre food. In all our visits to Dores with you and the gang we have found the company to be exceptional (yes I include you in that compliment Ian!) and we really like the surroundings and atmosphere. The food has been up and down over the years but even when not at it’s best we have always enjoyed our trips there.
Given the above and the convenience of the Dores Inn I still support going there and let’s keep our fingers crossed that the food is in an “up” stage!

Tony

PS will we be able to meet up before we all set off on our European travels?

Georgieporgie
21-03-2018, 10:19
Hi Margaret, could you put my name down for this meet please

magbrin
21-03-2018, 17:05
Hi Margaret & Angus

When Sue and I are out for a meal three things are important to us - the company, the atmosphere, the food. Provided the company and surroundings are good we can put up with mediocre food. In all our visits to Dores with you and the gang we have found the company to be exceptional (yes I include you in that compliment Ian!) and we really like the surroundings and atmosphere. The food has been up and down over the years but even when not at it’s best we have always enjoyed our trips there.
Given the above and the convenience of the Dores Inn I still support going there and let’s keep our fingers crossed that the food is in an “up” stage!

Tony

PS will we be able to meet up before we all set off on our European travels?

Thanks for this, Tony! Good points.
Planning a trip east in early April - will pm or email - how are you placed?

Hi Margaret, could you put my name down for this meet please

You're down George! Will you be back from your travels by then???!

Scooby1010
22-03-2018, 13:21
Hi Margaret,
could you please include me in this meet ?
Many thanks
Tina

magbrin
22-03-2018, 16:12
Hi Margaret,
could you please include me in this meet ?
Many thanks
Tina

You are down, Tina. Look forward to seeing you again - I am assuming that you are the Tina that we all know and love!

magbrin
25-04-2018, 11:28
Time for some more details for the Highland Gathering! We will be away in a couple of weeks until mid June as always Caroline and family, who live here with us, will be here!) so want to get the information out to you all before we go - and answer any queries.

Please remember that the gathering is free, but we do ask for (generous) donations for The Neil Mackenzie Trust! Neil was our son who lost his life in the Canadian mountains three years ago. For more details of the Trust visit The Neil Mackenzie Trust (http://www.theneilmackenzietrust.wordpress.com)
Also remember that you can join in as much or as little as you like. Children an animals are welcome - preferably well behaved!

There is still space for more vans if anyone else is interested.

Date: 6th - 9th July. We will welcome early arrivals on Thursday 5th.
Venue: IV2 6XD
Facilities: Parking on field. Water and grey/black waste facilities available nearby.

Friday: Themed evening - details nearer the time
Saturday: Shopping trip to Inverness
Local walk or cycle ride
Barbeque, bonfire and ceilidh
Sunday: Lunch at Dores Inn - to be confirmed.

We will need to know numbers for the pub, and spaces may be limited, so please let me know as soon as possible, if you want to be included.

We will need one or two volunteer drivers for the community minibus for the walk/cycle on Saturday and possibly the pub on Sunday. Please let me know if you are willing/able to help out.

roamingman
25-04-2018, 11:59
Hi was there a few years ago, and hopefully be there in June if possible, we had a big Isuzu last time but have now got a bit smaller van, 38 year old Bedford.

Would like to go to the meal (2)

Tonybvi
25-04-2018, 18:33
Hi M & A from a sunny and hot Verdun!
Yes please for the pub and,as usual, could drive the bus if absolutely necessary!
Have a good trip down the Moselle.
T & S

Clunegapyears
25-04-2018, 19:53
Us too please. That’s me and James. Oscar and the Greek rescue dog, Corrie = CO2.
Meal on Sunday.
I am happy to drive.
Katherine

magbrin
25-04-2018, 21:20
Hi was there a few years ago, and hopefully be there in June if possible, we had a big Isuzu last time but have now got a bit smaller van, 38 year old Bedford.

Would like to go to the meal (2)

You're down - look forward to seeing you both again!

Us too please. That’s me and James. Oscar and the Greek rescue dog, Corrie = CO2.
Meal on Sunday.
I am happy to drive.
Katherine

You're in too. Will be great to see you again. Thanks for the pm. Hope all goes well in May. Keep in touch. Mx

Thanks Tony and Katherine for offering to drive. Will be in touch nearer the time for/with details.

brucews
26-04-2018, 09:52
Pat & I will be at the lunch at Dores Inn on Sunday, and hopefully get to your site on Thursday (tbc); looking forward to meeting you all. Have a nice break away and enjoy the better weather.
Bruce

Magsnshirl
27-04-2018, 08:16
Hi Margaret and Angus,
We would love to join the gathering if there’s space for us. We’re just back from seven months in Europe and shivering
Margaret and Shirley
X

magbrin
30-04-2018, 08:39
Hi Margaret and Angus,
We would love to join the gathering if there’s space for us. We’re just back from seven months in Europe and shivering
Margaret and Shirley
X

There is still plenty of space, and it will be great to see you both again. It is shaping up well. A good mix with lots of old friends (and they arae getting older every year) and some new faces too. To add to the timetable we need to fit in a pilates spot (I am already practicing so as not to be the spectacle I was last year!)

highlandron
09-05-2018, 11:20
Mags, further to post #5 unfortunately due to seasonal commitments we won't be able to attend this meet. Wishing you all a good one :-)

Ron & Mo

magbrin
09-05-2018, 16:13
Mags, further to post #5 unfortunately due to seasonal commitments we won't be able to attend this meet. Wishing you all a good one :-)

Ron & Mo

Sorry you won't make it, thanks for letting me know. Maybe another time!

Magsnshirl
17-05-2018, 08:01
There is still plenty of space, and it will be great to see you both again. It is shaping up well. A good mix with lots of old friends (and they arae getting older every year) and some new faces too. To add to the timetable we need to fit in a pilates spot (I am already practicing so as not to be the spectacle I was last year!)

Hello, we’re really sorry to say we can’t make it to the meet after all. After 8 months in the Motorhome we’ve bought an apartment in Melrose and the moving day is July 5th. We’ll be unpacking boxes while you all meet up. Sorry not to see you this time. Your meets are always so uplifting and welcoming and we’ll miss the fun.
Best wishes
Margaret and Shirley x

magbrin
20-05-2018, 15:25
Hello, we’re really sorry to say we can’t make it to the meet after all. After 8 months in the Motorhome we’ve bought an apartment in Melrose and the moving day is July 5th. We’ll be unpacking boxes while you all meet up. Sorry not to see you this time. Your meets are always so uplifting and welcoming and we’ll miss the fun.
Best wishes
Margaret and Shirley x

So sorry you won’t make this one. Happy moving in! Look out for the dates of the mini meet -likely to be sometime in September.

wingedone
09-06-2018, 12:27
Will be arriving on the Friday. Can you put me on list for Sunday lunch. Cheers Pam

Time for some more details for the Highland Gathering! We will be away in a couple of weeks until mid June as always Caroline and family, who live here with us, will be here!) so want to get the information out to you all before we go - and answer any queries.

Please remember that the gathering is free, but we do ask for (generous) donations for The Neil Mackenzie Trust! Neil was our son who lost his life in the Canadian mountains three years ago. For more details of the Trust visit The Neil Mackenzie Trust (http://www.theneilmackenzietrust.wordpress.com)
Also remember that you can join in as much or as little as you like. Children an animals are welcome - preferably well behaved!

There is still space for more vans if anyone else is interested.

Date: 6th - 9th July. We will welcome early arrivals on Thursday 5th.
Venue: IV2 6XD
Facilities: Parking on field. Water and grey/black waste facilities available nearby.

Friday: Themed evening - details nearer the time
Saturday: Shopping trip to Inverness
Local walk or cycle ride
Barbeque, bonfire and ceilidh
Sunday: Lunch at Dores Inn - to be confirmed.

We will need to know numbers for the pub, and spaces may be limited, so please let me know as soon as possible, if you want to be included.

We will need one or two volunteer drivers for the community minibus for the walk/cycle on Saturday and possibly the pub on Sunday. Please let me know if you are willing/able to help out.

magbrin
13-06-2018, 10:32
Hi, all!

Just back from a great trip, and getting down to the further detail of the Highland Gathering. There is still space if anyone else wants to join us. (Please look back over previous posts, in this thread, to get details)

Below is a list of people booked. Thank you to the three volunteer drivers, I will be in touch with you by pm/email soon.

If you haven't already done so, please let me know when you expect to arrive and leave, and if you want to join the lunch trip on Sunday, to Dores Inn. Unfortunately they are even more demanding and a deposit is required for bookings of 6 or more. We need your committment!

If you are coming to the pub we are asking for a £10 deposit per person. Please let me know if you want to send us a cheque, or pay electronically, and I will pm you the relevent details.

pub
Magbrin 2
Tonybvi 2
Brucews 2 Arrive Thursday
norman64
wingedone 1 Arrive Friday
nightman
lochlomond22
Colin Rae
lowflyer
georgieporgie
scooby1010
roamingman 2
clunegapyears 2

(the way it is set is not clear, but I don't seem to be able to change it - the numbers relate to the number of people wh have said they want to go to Dores)

Keep following the thread, as I will be posting regularly to keep you informed - details of themed evening, walks, BBQ etc.

See you soon
Safe travels
Margaret

roamingman
13-06-2018, 12:13
Hi hope to arive Thusday if that is OK. Would like to pay electronically please.

Tonybvi
13-06-2018, 18:41
Hello A & M
Glad you had a great time - did you do the Moselle?
We’re still not home yet but are slowly heading northwards as we need to be back in time for my dad’s 100th birthday party on July 1st!
Not quite sure yet what our plans are for the gathering having been away for so long and needing to be in Lytham for the party but I suspect we’ll arrive on Friday if that’s ok with you.
Still up for Dores and driving if required and am sitting with fingers poised to pay electronically so just let me know details please.
Thanks and looking forward to seeing you both again soon.
Tony & Sue

roamingman
14-06-2018, 09:50
Hi Magbrin sorry having problems with bank (TSB) unable to make payment yet, will try tomorrow.

Tonybvi
14-06-2018, 13:41
Payment made - hopefully!
Tony

magbrin
14-06-2018, 20:07
Thanks Bruce and Tony for your deposits, and thanks roamingman for trying!

We have booked for 8 and we have booked the Dores Inn bus. We also have the community minibus and we will book for more once we have more deposits in.
There will be a limit on numbers, so please let me know as soon as possible if you want to come - and how you want to pay your deposit.

Georgieporgie
18-06-2018, 20:31
Hi Margaret, I don’t know if I have booked for the Sunday meal or not , but please put me down for it and let me know about paying the deposit electronically I’m also not sure whether I will be there on Thursday or Friday hope this is ok
George

lowflier
18-06-2018, 23:28
Hi Margaret,
We will not be able to attend the highland gathering as I've had a change I work commitments.

magbrin
19-06-2018, 10:56
Hi, George - you are now down for Sunday lunch - will pm details for payment of deposit.

Pity you can't make it, lowflyer - maybe another time.

Everyone else - look out, here for more details of the weekend, coming soon. BTW I still need a few confirmations - can you let me know as soon as you can if and when you are coming, and if you wnat to book for Sunday Lunch at Dores Inn. Thanks

magbrin
20-06-2018, 10:06
Thanks, George for your deposit. Roamingman, are you still having problems? Should I send you our postal address?

Timetable and a bit more detail:
Remember that you can join in as much or as little as you like!

Thursday: Early arrivals.

Friday: Tea and coffee in the Schoolroom. 4 - 5.30pm. Cakes welcome!

Themed evening - chopsticks! (chops, sticks - cheese, veg, etc., anythinng you can eat with chopsticks - eastern or western. Just a bit of fun with food!) .....................and if you have got a piano.............. anything goes! On the field from 7pm.

Saturday: am. Shopping trip to Inverness. The Schoolroom will be open for a couple of hours for tea/coffee/cakes etc. We also have some wood turned products, locally made and donated for sale for the Trust.
pm. local walk or cycle ride (or both)
evening: BBQ (see below), bonfire and ceilidh - don't forget to bring your musical instruments - and voice, Sue!

Sunday: Lunch at Dores Inn, their bus leaves Brin at 12.15pm. So far we are booked for 8. If you want to come please let me know how you want to pay the £10 per person deposit. (electronic or by post) and I will send our details by pm.

For the themed evening and BBQ bring enough food for yourselves and be willing to cook it and share it. Please also contrubute towards rolls, salads, sauces, puddings, charcoal, etc. cooking utensils, bin bags, kitchen paper etc are also helpful.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

roamingman
20-06-2018, 12:02
I do not have cheaque book, but going to change bank today, so hope to send money soon.:o

Tonybvi
25-06-2018, 18:31
Hi M & A,

Planning on turning up Friday and leaving Monday am (unless we are required for babysitting duty at home on the Monday!)
Looking forward to it.
Ian (Nightman) - Sue won’t let me open Katie’s wine until she has her thesis and I’m desperate. Where is it? Why not bring Katie (and the dog) up to Brin?

Tony

magbrin
26-06-2018, 19:30
Still await confirmation from lochlomond22, Colin Rae and Nightman (and Scoobie1010, but I think we have been in touch elsewhere!) It would be good if you could let me know one way or the other, if you are coming.

Thank you Katherine for sending the driving information to Donna. I have been cleared to drive the minibus and I am sure you will be too. Thank you Pam and Tony for offering to drive. As you are both in Europe I opted not to ask you to fill out all the information (it gets more complicated every year). Thanks for offering - you will be top of the driving list next time!

Weather set to hit 30C tomorrow! Not sure that it's going to last, though. If anyone has pagoda, Safari room, awning or other shelter, please bring it along! If it does last, pleas bring a paddling pool!

magbrin
29-06-2018, 09:50
A week to go and a few more notes ........................ for those reading them!

Anyone thinking of the walk/cycle - bring your swimming kit as we may end up with a dip in a local loch! Had an amazing swim yesterday (air temp over 30C) with Angus (yes, it's not often he goes in in Scotland) and Sam the dog. I'm even thinking of swimming round the loch one of these days - a good 1 - 1.5miles! Anyone up to join me? If not, how about sponsoring me? Stops allowed, and backup team will be on the shore! Sam will do some of it, but he got tired yesterday, long before I did!

This warm dry spell is set to continue, although not as hot as the last couple of days. As a result we will NOT be having the bonfire, and BBQs and smoking will be under strict control. If you have a bucket, please bring it. We will be adopting the C&CC rally guidence and will make sure that vans are well space and each has a fire bucket.

Remember to bring your "chopstick" food, and chopsticks for Friday night. If you don't have any, you have no excuse as I have ordered 10 pairs! Also remember charcoal, BBQ food, bin bags, kitchen paper, etc, etc.

See you next week
All the best ans safe travels
Margaret & Angus.

nightman
30-06-2018, 10:20
Still await confirmation from lochlomond22, Colin Rae and Nightman (and Scoobie1010, but I think we have been in touch elsewhere!) It would be good if you could let me know one way or the other, if you are coming.

Thank you Katherine for sending the driving information to Donna. I have been cleared to drive the minibus and I am sure you will be too. Thank you Pam and Tony for offering to drive. As you are both in Europe I opted not to ask you to fill out all the information (it gets more complicated every year). Thanks for offering - you will be top of the driving list next time!

Weather set to hit 30C tomorrow! Not sure that it's going to last, though. If anyone has pagoda, Safari room, awning or other shelter, please bring it along! If it does last, pleas bring a paddling pool!

Hi Margaret, Won't be going to the Dores for the meal, Arriving Thursday Leaving Monday.
Iain (Nightman)

magbrin
02-07-2018, 20:17
Thanks for this, Nightman. Are you really not joining us for the meal? Last minute decisions may be possible!

Thanks for your pms Roamingman and Norman64.

Just to let you all know there are a number of vans arriving on Thursday - so if you want to come early, you are most welcome - but please let me know first!

Bring your swimming things, kayaks, bicycles, or just walking sticks! And of course, plenty of money for the shopping trip - and some items for sale in aid of The Neil Mackenzie Trust. Those of you who were here last summer will remember Emma, who played the harp so beautifully for us. We are hoping that she and her harp will be here again, which will be an amazing treat. Also an old friend, Andy, is bringing his air rifle (all legit.) if anyone wants a challenge.

Lots going on, and lots of old friends and new ones, too.
See you very soon
All the best ans dafe travels
Margaret

brucews
03-07-2018, 08:52
Thanks for this, Nightman. Are you really not joining us for the meal? Last minute decisions may be possible!

Thanks for your pms Roamingman and Norman64.

Just to let you all know there are a number of vans arriving on Thursday - so if you want to come early, you are most welcome - but please let me know first!

Bring your swimming things, kayaks, bicycles, or just walking sticks! And of course, plenty of money for the shopping trip - and some items for sale in aid of The Neil Mackenzie Trust. Those of you who were here last summer will remember Emma, who played the harp so beautifully for us. We are hoping that she and her harp will be here again, which will be an amazing treat. Also an old friend, Andy, is bringing his air rifle (all legit.) if anyone wants a challenge.

Lots going on, and lots of old friends and new ones, too.
See you very soon
All the best ans dafe travels
Margaret

Is the shopping trip via minibus or catching to bus to Inverness? (Pat was interested to know).

I may be working on Thursday now (will not know until Wednesday pm) so we may not get there on Thursday afternoon as planned, but we can hopefully give you a phone to confirm on Wednesday evening. Is it a communal BBQ for Saturday ie fixed location etc?
Bruce

magbrin
03-07-2018, 20:00
Is the shopping trip via minibus or catching to bus to Inverness? (Pat was interested to know).

I may be working on Thursday now (will not know until Wednesday pm) so we may not get there on Thursday afternoon as planned, but we can hopefully give you a phone to confirm on Wednesday evening. Is it a communal BBQ for Saturday ie fixed location etc?
Bruce

Shopping trip is on the service bus, Bruce, it leaves about 11.30am and returns from bus station in Inverness at 4.20pm. Sorry you may not get here on Thurs, but it does not matter. We'll see you when you get here, just drop a post or pm, if you can, to let me know.

BBQ on Saturday - from about 7pm - is centrally on the field - communal. Bring something (enough for yourselves) to cook and be prepared to share. Contibutions of charcoal, rolls, salads, sauces etc. are welcome too, and if you play a musical instrument please bring it along!

Unfortunately there are still 2 of the original people who signed up, have not responded, so not now expecting them, and one or two others are unable to make it at the last minute. However we have a healthy set of old and new friends and the good weather is set to continue, so hopefully it will be one of the best!

See you all soon (If I don't post again between now and then it is because we are exhausted by the grandchildren who have been abanddoned by their parents for a few days!)

All the best and safe travels
Angus and Margaret

Thewilsons
04-07-2018, 23:27
Would to have loved to attend this meet unfortunately we have sold our motorhome and are downsizing to a campervan which won't be ready till the end of July, hope the meet goes well for everyone
Jim and Elaine

magbrin
05-07-2018, 10:00
Would to have loved to attend this meet unfortunately we have sold our motorhome and are downsizing to a campervan which won't be ready till the end of July, hope the meet goes well for everyone
Jim and Elaine

Thanks J & E
It's looking good! Sun is shining, first van is on the field (ours! We were in it with the grandkids last night, so little sleep was had by us - par for the coursefor a gathering, but not usually on the Wednesday night!), Schoolroom cleared ............... ready to go!
Beiginning to think of the minimeet. Possibly weekend of 29th September. Maybe you can make that one. Otherwise please call in anytime. We are basically about for the summer.
A & M

Tonybvi
09-07-2018, 15:09
Thankyou Angus and Margaret, and thankyou all the other attendees for such a brilliant meet.

Tony & Sue

andy63
09-07-2018, 21:08
hi Margaret and Angus... I wasn't sure whether I was a paid up member on here till I got home and checked...:D
anyhow thanks for the invite and the great meet... will we ever see weather like that again. ??
many thanks to everyone else for the great company..
Andy

brucews
11-07-2018, 17:32
Ditto the above, well done Margaret & Angus for giving us a great time at Brin; we are still travelling but took the chance on a friend's WiFi to say thanks to everyone at the meet, such a friendly crowd, and we will look froward to getting together again.
Bruce & Pat

Clunegapyears
12-07-2018, 06:12
From the weather to the company and activities. We had a blast. Thank you so much for organising.

magbrin
12-07-2018, 12:47
Thanks you all for coming, your thanks and of course your donations to The Neil Mackenzie Trust! I will post the total donations in due course. As always we enjoyed your company - it was a wild weekend! Wild camping, wild swimming and wild music! Any feedback on the Dores Inn would be welcome - we swore that we would not go back, but I believe that most, if not all of you enjoyed it, and nobody seemed to mind that you had to send a deposit to confirm booking.

Following three days of wall to wall grandchildren, 4 days of you lot - I know you realise that it takes a bit of work to pull of a successful gathering! - and a number of incidents relating to properties and the van, we took ourselves to the wilds of the Glenlivet Estate to relax and celebrate our wedding anniversary. Two days of peace & quiet, cloud, drizzle and cool(er) temperatures :(
Now back and catching up. Minimeet, here, provisionally the weekend of 22nd September. Once we confirm it we will start a new thread. Hope to see you all again then!
All the best and safe travels.
Margaret & Angus

magbrin
18-07-2018, 10:44
Thank you all again for helping to raise over £400 for The Neil Mackenzie Trust. It was great to see you all, and look forward to seeing some of you again at the minimeet in September, now set for 21st - 24th.

https://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/meets-and-gatherings/71044-highland-minimeet-21st-24th-september.html#post949196

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS