PDA

View Full Version : wild camping in Scotland help please!!!!!

Jani
03-08-2009, 16:36
There are five of us going on our first camping trip planning to go for 3/4 days this month. we have never been camping before, We are thinking of going for Scotland anywhere. We don't want busy site were people hoover the grass n sit waiting for you to stand on their blade of grass;) We also want to light a fire, must be near to somewhere we can explore like rivers natural sceneries etc as we want to go walking in the day time.

As I mentioned above its my first time n I never been to Scotland before so want to make my tour the best.... Please list any places which i should visit. I have searched on net n there's 100s of places and now Im confused to decide where to go first ....

Your help would be appreciated... thx :)

Barbt
03-08-2009, 16:54
Jan, have a look at the thread "poi's for Scotland" its a bit further down. I would really recommend this place, we try to get there for a few days each year - no-one to bother you, no-one mowing the grass etc etc. It's safe for children and pets, nice beach. You need to get to Dunoon, then follow the road from the ferry keeping the sea on your left all the time. Just look for Brackley Point on Loch Striven on your map.

j77ake
03-08-2009, 21:10
hi jan, can you tell me if it is wild camping you have in mind, thanks jake,:)

Jani
04-08-2009, 18:34
Hi jake, yes we are thinking to go for wild camping as we have never done it before.... I have mentioned in my 1st post what im lookin for please help me planning routes :)

CliffyP
05-08-2009, 09:33
Hi take a look at my post on 'fancy scotland' re leadhills and wanlockhead' perfect for what you want,:D

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS