PDA

View Full Version : edinburgh

wormold
03-08-2009, 18:43
need to take my daughter up to uni - anyone know of a good spot for two or three nights

bodgerndog
03-08-2009, 19:08
The gateway opposite the Botanics used to be the place a few years ago...anyone know if it's still a good overnighter? Likewise, Portobello was the wilders mecca...any updates?

runnach
03-08-2009, 20:15
I used to travel past area you mention (Botanics) before we moved to our new campus, I viewed a few MH, never gave it a thought they were kipping up, same area is used often when filming is taking place in various parts of the city,I would guess area will be fine for one or two over nighters?

I have also notice while returning home, Sheriffhall park and ride has had the odd camper late at night, I just thought maybe parked up while owners are visiting the city, maybe worth checking out?

Park & Ride has lighting and CCTV is in place, less than 1km north (A7) from the dreaded Sheriffhall roondaboot. Please note though, maybe over nighting is not permitted, next I pass, I'll pop in and see if there are any NOP signs.

Cheers.

gazznsam
04-08-2009, 22:17
we're at the sherifhall P+R right now,

no nop signs anywhere, plenty of room, we are a motorhome and trailer that is a foot longer than 2 car sized bays, but they have a section of bays with a 2 foot wide gravel strip between them, perfect for us.

it's very well lit here, camera's cover the entire site, not overly noisey either, a car every 20 seconds on the road right now,

i'll post again in the morning if we get any hassle, but no ones bothered us yet, during the day the carpark is only 1/4 used, and we have parked right at the end out of anyones way.

niblue
05-08-2009, 10:00
Park & Rides or one of the car-parks in the Pentlands would be my recommendation. There are also several spots west of Edinburgh on the Union Canal (usually where small roads cross over the canal) that could be good options, especially if you want to cycle into town.

Chappers
28-08-2009, 12:54
Theres a good spot by the shore. It's in a car park on Edinburgh Road in Cockenzie just after Lidl's Supermarket. Good quiet overnight spot.

runnach
28-08-2009, 14:20
Is this the spot next to fenced off boat storage area, small slipway for launching ect???

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS