PDA

View Full Version : Motor Direct Campervan Insurance

AuldTam
21-03-2018, 14:29
Just insured with Motor Direct today, 30 cheaper than AiB Insurance for like for like cover and without the Wildcamping discount. Just goes to show you should check around before renewing with the same company.

If any other friend or family member takes out a new policy with them through your recommendation you recieve a 25 voucher.
So, if any of you take out a policy with them let me know so I can claim the voucher, and so on.

alcam
01-04-2018, 18:37
Just insured with Motor Direct today, 30 cheaper than AiB Insurance for like for like cover and without the Wildcamping discount. Just goes to show you should check around before renewing with the same company.

If any other friend or family member takes out a new policy with them through your recommendation you recieve a 25 voucher.
So, if any of you take out a policy with them let me know so I can claim the voucher, and so on.

Would be happy to do so , insurance expires towards end of month . Usual problem with most companies is they won't insure me because I park on the street when not travelling . The fact I often park on the street when travelling doesn't seem to matter !
I'll check them out

Welsh will
02-04-2018, 08:46
Would be happy to do so , insurance expires towards end of month . Usual problem with most companies is they won't insure me because I park on the street when not travelling . The fact I often park on the street when travelling doesn't seem to matter !
I'll check them out

Hoping this parking on the street wont be an issue as i also have to park it on the street. Insured as a van at present as still in process of converting and then hoping to get it changed over to a camper on log book as meant to be more benificial than keeping it registered as a van

wildebus
02-04-2018, 08:53
My insurance is due mid-May and will hopefully be a "Motor Caravan" by that time.
Something I am looking very specifically at is having an agreed value post conversion rather then a valuation that is based on a plain van with just a wee nod for the many many thousands of pounds spent on the conversion.

alcam
02-04-2018, 09:48
Hoping this parking on the street wont be an issue as i also have to park it on the street. Insured as a van at present as still in process of converting and then hoping to get it changed over to a camper on log book as meant to be more benificial than keeping it registered as a van

At present I'm with Safeguard and all ok but always happy to get something cheaper

Admin
02-04-2018, 10:03
Motor Direct is part of A-Plan insurance, A-Plan has a good reputation. Can I ask who you are actually insured with as they like AIB are brokers?

POI Admin
02-04-2018, 18:21

There are insurers who will not cover vehicles that are street parked. Annoyingly it's a question that's often asked some way into the quotation process.

Save yourself some time by asking at the outset if this is an issue.

Welsh will
02-04-2018, 18:56
My insurance is due mid-May and will hopefully be a "Motor Caravan" by that time.
Something I am looking very specifically at is having an agreed value post conversion rather then a valuation that is based on a plain van with just a wee nod for the many many thousands of pounds spent on the conversion.
Yes this is something i would also be looking at but as have not ever insured this type of vehicle would hope that the Brokers would take this into consideration the value of stuff fitted over just a plain van.

wildebus
02-04-2018, 19:25
Yes this is something i would also be looking at but as have not ever insured this type of vehicle would hope that the Brokers would take this into consideration the value of stuff fitted over just a plain van.
You would hope so, but sadly .....:cry:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS