PDA

View Full Version : sizewell beach

jayeastanglia
20-08-2009, 07:52
Sizewell beach which is next door to the powerstation.
Max parking is 18 hours.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/jaycroker/P190809_1436.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/jaycroker/P190809_143501.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/jaycroker/P190809_1435.jpg
we stayed over night here and never saw anyone near our motorhome all day or night.We did buy a ticket just in case but its cheap and nice all you can hear is a hum from the power station and the waves from the sea.

ajs
20-08-2009, 09:16

:confused:
spose you glow in the dark now then....:eek:

regards:D
aj

AndyC
20-08-2009, 09:36
The Off Street Parking Places Order, referred to on the sign, prohibits the use of a vehicle for for sleeping or camping purposes and for cooking purposes, "except with the permission of any parking attendant or other person duly authorised by the Council"

See: Car Parks Order (http://www.suffolkcoastal.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/A07354F5-3E24-4524-8A44-EED69D38CD9A/0/CSBXCarParksOrder2008.pdf)

AndyC

Nomad1
20-08-2009, 12:09
looks like a good spot,,,,cheers:)

Old_Arthur
20-08-2009, 13:00
i agree it looks good:cool:but i must also thank our very own pc policeman who took time out to cut and paste his reply :rolleyes:i am not sure if i will sleep this weekend knowing full well i am being naughty:o:eek:

AndyC
20-08-2009, 13:22
i agree it looks good:cool:but i must also thank our very own pc policeman who took time out to cut and paste his reply :rolleyes:i am not sure if i will sleep this weekend knowing full well i am being naughty:o:eek:
Assume this is aimed at me :)

Not sure why it would be regarded as 'pc' to draw peoples attention to parking regulations, so that, knowing the facts, they can make up their own minds whether to stay at a particular location or not. Wasn't it someone on here who complained recently about getting ticketed in a car park?

AndyC

jogguk
20-08-2009, 13:34
The Off Street Parking Places Order, referred to on the sign, prohibits the use of a vehicle for for sleeping or camping purposes and for cooking purposes, "except with the permission of any parking attendant or other person duly authorised by the Council"

See: Car Parks Order (http://www.suffolkcoastal.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/A07354F5-3E24-4524-8A44-EED69D38CD9A/0/CSBXCarParksOrder2008.pdf)

AndyC

Would they (Suffolk Council) not have to display the relevant section re no parking, cooking etc on the notice board to be able to enforce it by issuing a ticket? We can't all be expected to find, memorise all the council's parking regulations:)

john

Old_Arthur
20-08-2009, 13:51
no one has every been in trouble for doing wrong:eek:you get into trouble for been caught :rolleyes:creep in crap and creep out again:eek::Dbut some times i think i have logged into a lawyer forum google,copy and paste ay presto we have a lawyer:mad:

sorry if i offend i honestly don't mean to i just find it frustrating to have it shoved in my face we feeload nearly every weekend no probs common sence rules every time

AndyC
20-08-2009, 16:57
Would they (Suffolk Council) not have to display the relevant section re no parking, cooking etc on the notice board to be able to enforce it by issuing a ticket? We can't all be expected to find, memorise all the council's parking regulations:)

john

I don't know, but I suspect it's not a requirement that all the regulations are displayed at every car park. Most Off-Street Parking Orders are pretty lengthy documents!

However it's a question I have pondered myself, so I've asked the DfT to comment.

AndyC

AndyC
20-08-2009, 17:09
no one has every been in trouble for doing wrong:eek:you get into trouble for been caught :rolleyes:creep in crap and creep out again:eek::Dbut some times i think i have logged into a lawyer forum google,copy and paste ay presto we have a lawyer:mad:

sorry if i offend i honestly don't mean to i just find it frustrating to have it shoved in my face we feeload nearly every weekend no probs common sence rules every time

No offence taken Arthur :)

We've stayed in car parks and parking places, where no restrictions have been posted, many times with no problems. However I do find it useful to know what sort of a risk we might be taking so that I can make a judgement about it.

I agree that common sense rules. 90% of the time there will most likely be no enforcement of parking regulations in out of the way car parks, the remainder of the time the only enforcement may be a friendly warning. But there's always that small chance of getting a ticket. If you know there's that chance then you'll be in a better position to decide whether it's a place you want to stay or not.

AndyC

Old_Arthur
20-08-2009, 18:06
my mobile home is just that mobile:confused:if we are in a new area we park up dure in the day where we want to be:cool:then in the evening we find some where to sleep very very rare have we failed, up next morning and away early get a good parking place for the day then have breakfast,most weekend places we go now we know how to time it,we don't set up camp and take the p!ss,friday nite to sunday tea time most weeks,we have no probs:cool:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS