PDA

View Full Version : Bidet in van

RoaminRog
27-04-2018, 06:57
Recently bought a bidet kit from Italy which is designed to fit a Thetford C200 toilet bowl.
I was very pleased with the 'spray' attachment which is fitted into the bowl and retracts when not in use. In fact if you didn't know it was there, you would have trouble spotting it.
I was not so impressed with the mixer tap that was supplied, because the pipe fittings were only suitable for hose clips, and I had no confidence in them at all. If they had slipped off, unnoticed, the locker would simply have filled up with water, until the tank was empty! So instead, I used a Reich remote mixer tap, which is as strong and reliable as Hymer taps, and far better for coping with hot water for long periods.
As a result, although we are extremely pleased with the addition of a bidet, I'm not going to recommend the Italian kit as I dont feel that enough thought has gone into the basic design to ensure that it was capable of 'fit and forget'. I wasn't prepared to have to keep checking the connections, or having sleepless nights worrying if a hose was going to slip off. R

QFour
27-04-2018, 07:54
Bet that fills the cassette up quickly ..

caledonia
27-04-2018, 08:24
Why would you not trust a hose clip? They don’t fail on your cooling system so why would they fail on a fancy ar5e cleaner. Why would you want one in your van? On the whole I think crap wrap does the job.

izwozral
27-04-2018, 08:53
Is it gentler on the botty area than my Karcher pressure washer, which sometimes when I am not careful with my aim, can shoot my balls over my shoulders at a very high velocity.

Wully
27-04-2018, 09:10
Fecket I’m just getting used to being able to afford toilet paper. I honestly thought the first bd I seen was for washing you’re feet in.

delicagirl
27-04-2018, 09:28
flannels are a whole lot less messing about and cheaper :lol-053:

Rog are you now asking yourself just WHY you started this thread ??? you knew you'd get no sense.....

Deleted user 48797
27-04-2018, 11:50
flannels are a whole lot less messing about and cheaper :lol-053:

Rog are you now asking yourself just WHY you started this thread ??? you knew you'd get no sense.....

My thoughts exactly. Why go to all this trouble just to wash your feet? :)

RoaminRog
27-04-2018, 12:23
Bet that fills the cassette up quickly ..

Possibly, but yet to find out. I will get to the bottom of it.

RoaminRog
27-04-2018, 12:25
Show us a link please as I am intrigued

Sorry Charlie, I dont have a link to put up, but happy to show you when we meet.

RoaminRog
27-04-2018, 12:28
Why would you not trust a hose clip? They don’t fail on your cooling system so why would they fail on a fancy ar5e cleaner. Why would you want one in your van? On the whole I think crap wrap does the job.
On the hole, I think water is better.

RoaminRog
27-04-2018, 12:34
Fecket I’m just getting used to being able to afford toilet paper. I honestly thought the first bd I seen was for washing you’re feet in.

We've all been there Wully, came across one on our honeymoon...... had no idea what it was for!

delicagirl
27-04-2018, 12:44
We've all been there Wully, came across one on our honeymoon...... had no idea what it was for!

did you have fun finding out ? thats the most important thing !!!

RoaminRog
27-04-2018, 12:45
did you have fun finding out ? thats the most important thing !!!

Lets keep it clean Collette!

campervanannie
27-04-2018, 13:25
Sorry Charlie, I dont have a link to put up, but happy to show you when we meet.

Will that be with a full demonstration😱

Minisorella
27-04-2018, 13:29

I was just about to beg Rog not to offer demonstrations 62943 Mind you Annie, entertainment comes in many forms :rolleyes2:

RoaminRog
27-04-2018, 13:55

Well....... if anybody is actually THAT interested!!

RoaminRog
27-04-2018, 13:58
What is the make of your new thrill seekers device :scared::scared:

Its called a komodo, from nca camping.it
But as I said, I couldnt recommend it without a design change.

delicagirl
27-04-2018, 14:00
Its called a komodo, from nca camping.it
But as I said, I couldnt recommend it without a design change.

isn't that a chinese dragon Rog ? mmmm ... dont think i would want to sit on summat called THAT !!!

RoaminRog
27-04-2018, 14:05
isn't that a chinese dragon Rog ? mmmm ... dont think i would want to sit on summat called THAT !!!

Well spotted Collette. At least we agree that its not a good idea to sit on a Chinese dragon.

izwozral
27-04-2018, 14:08
Heres a linka. YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf6wsn22P98)

RoaminRog
27-04-2018, 14:11

Thanks Ral, but the model that they supplied is not featured. The one you highlight has proper high pressure water connections, the model supplied didnt.

Tezza33
27-04-2018, 14:22
On the hole, I think water is better.Does it clean other things as well as the hole?

izwozral
27-04-2018, 14:23
Must be this one then. YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6CJw9kVsJg)

delicagirl
27-04-2018, 14:23

i know its a wet rainy day and many of us are bored and stuck indoors... but watching a scientific italian video about bidets on UTube with no translation is not what i'm gonna waste any time on today Izzy - nor ANY day NEXT !!!!

RoaminRog
27-04-2018, 14:44
Does it clean other things as well as the hole?

........ anything you want Terry, if the window was open, it would probably reach into the neighbours garden!!

RoaminRog
27-04-2018, 14:49
Must be this one then. YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6CJw9kVsJg)

Yes, yes, that's the one! Brilliant stuff. But thats only the cold tap....... wait 'til I turn on the hot as well!!

delicagirl
27-04-2018, 15:04
Yes, yes, that's the one! Brilliant stuff. But thats only the cold tap....... wait 'til I turn on the hot as well!!

:danger::danger::danger::danger::scared::scared::s cared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

i hope its got good thermostats !!!

mrbigglesworth
27-04-2018, 15:53
I bought a new toilet brush last week but it's a bit rough so I'm going back to paper.

Herbenny
27-04-2018, 17:02
Is it gentler on the botty area than my Karcher pressure washer, which sometimes when I am not careful with my aim, can shoot my balls over my shoulders at a very high velocity.

That's the best one liner Iv read in ages, im cryin with laughter chewing my ikea meatballs
:raofl::raofl::raofl::raofl::raofl::raofl::raofl:: raofl::raofl::raofl::raofl:

runnach
27-04-2018, 17:43
That's the best one liner Iv read in ages, im cryin with laughter chewing my ikea meatballs

Careful Jac, you may find a couple extra on yer plate!! :raofl:

RoaminRog
27-04-2018, 18:24

YOU might have enjoyed it Jac, but its bringing tears to MY eyes!!

yorkslass
27-04-2018, 18:57
I just hope Rog, that your idea doesn't come back to bite you on the bum.;)

jeanette
27-04-2018, 22:45
OMG I have not laughed so much while reading posts all I can say is thank you RoaminRog

campervanannie
27-04-2018, 23:45

Less hassle and only £4.99 you can dangle your dingles in this to clean them or have you thought about a golf ball washer might be easier to install.

oldish hippy
28-04-2018, 05:55
saves on the toilet roll mind you you get guide dogs for the blind police dogs for the police how about a bidet dog for roger

trevskoda
28-04-2018, 06:20
On the hole i think this thread is just a bummer.

campervanannie
28-04-2018, 06:23
I don’t know what’s wrong with wet wipes you can get them with some lovely floral fragrant wipes.

spigot
28-04-2018, 06:24
My best mate was a courier for a travel company in the 1960s. He was in charge of a coach party in Biaritz when the hotel manager summoned him to a room occupied by 2 old ladies.

There in the bidet was a Richard III, poor sod had to explain to the old dears that they had got it all wrong.

campervanannie
28-04-2018, 07:55
I think Rog must be ever so posh having a bidet in the van. 😊

Nesting Zombie
28-04-2018, 09:53
All this Talk of Having a Dedicated Bidet sounds Very Posh, & I can Honestly see some Practical uses for having one, I just make do with the ‘Multi Purpose Value’ option......The Shower !.

campervanannie
28-04-2018, 10:01
All this Talk of Having a Dedicated Bidet sounds Very Posh, & I can Honestly see some Practical uses for having one, I just make do with the ‘Multi Purpose Value’ option......The Shower !.

I’m sure if he went to Mackey Ds and maxed his drink cup could have a dual purpose as a gonad bath. Mmm but we are all assuming that it’s Rog and his dingles that need the bidet when it may be for Chrissy to wash her CAT. 😂😂😂

RoaminRog
28-04-2018, 12:07
All this talk about being posh is basically bullsh*t. I'm just trying to find a way of avoiding too much paper making life difficult at the emptying point.
Now that its fitted, I think its a great addition to have and we are both very pleased with it.
There is a possibility that we MAY use more water and we MAY have to look to empty more often, but only time will tell.
With regard to all these, and more, questions, we will find the answers and get to the bottom of it! R

campervanannie
28-04-2018, 14:45
All this talk about being posh is basically bullsh*t. I'm just trying to find a way of avoiding too much paper making life difficult at the emptying point.
Now that its fitted, I think its a great addition to have and we are both very pleased with it.
There is a possibility that we MAY use more water and we MAY have to look to empty more often, but only time will tell.
With regard to all these, and more, questions, we will find the answers and get to the bottom of it! R

Ahhh the bidet is for the bull I thought you only had one pet you travelled with a pet bull who knew? 💋💋

Tezza33
28-04-2018, 15:40
We can't afford a bidet, I have to do handstands in the shower or find nature's way but I was nearly arrested in the fountains in Italy 62959

runnach
28-04-2018, 15:42
We can't afford a bidet, I have to do handstands in the shower or find nature's way62959

You, a hand stand, my arse.............lol

trevskoda
28-04-2018, 18:46
Im one for diy.

deanjo
28-04-2018, 19:04

you can avoid too much bog roll simply by folding the paper each time you wipe your bum,1 piece does a minimum of three wipes,four if you arnt too sweaty,mind you if you use newspaper you can get half a dozen folds if you arnt too rough :wacko:

Tezza33
28-04-2018, 19:10
you can avoid too much bog roll simply by folding the paper each time you wipe your bum,1 piece does a minimum of three wipes,four if you arnt too sweaty,mind you if you use newspaper you can get half a dozen folds if you arnt too rough :wacko:Obviously a Yorkshireman:bow:

runnach
28-04-2018, 19:20
Obviously a Yorkshireman:bow:

Litmus paper if a Scotsman. :lol-061:

campervanannie
28-04-2018, 19:30
Obviously a Yorkshireman:bow:

No in yorkshire we use San izal you wouldn't want to fold that stuff the corners would cut like a razor. 😂😂😂

RoaminRog
28-04-2018, 19:39
you can avoid too much bog roll simply by folding the paper each time you wipe your bum,1 piece does a minimum of three wipes,four if you arnt too sweaty,mind you if you use newspaper you can get half a dozen folds if you arnt too rough :wacko:

Ill pass that info over to my wife, she will be very grateful for that.
You havnt met her yet, have you.:danger::danger:

Tezza33
28-04-2018, 19:56
Litmus paper if a Scotsman. :lol-061:Does it turn brown?

No in yorkshire we use San izalI remember that from school:scared:

runnach
28-04-2018, 19:59
Does it turn brown?
I remember that from school:scared:

Broon, as in Mr. :cool:

Byronic
28-04-2018, 20:14
If you happen to own a Swift M/H then no need for a bidet, what do you think
those damp patches on the toilet walls are for!

trevskoda
28-04-2018, 20:20

I take it you do this before handing it over to the wife to read.:scared:

Nesting Zombie
29-04-2018, 09:26
I take it you do this before handing it over to the wife to read.:scared:

Well I think it’s Very Chivalrous for him to have made it Softer for her to handle !

lands43
18-05-2018, 17:17
Are you doing guided tours of your bidet.

Will it be BLOCKed bookings.

mariesnowgoose
18-05-2018, 17:58
Rolling on the floor - nearly.

What is it about toilet humour that gets you every time?! :lol-049: :D

:nicethread:

n brown
18-05-2018, 19:15
as a very tight Yorkshire lady once said '' don't waste sheets -it's one for a wee ,two for a poo !''
i prefer glossy mags cut into squares, the extra slippiness speeds up the whole disgusting process, and youget to wipe those smug looks off celebrity faces

RoaminRog
18-05-2018, 19:22
Are you doing guided tours of your bidet.

Will it be BLOCKed bookings.

Guided tours not really necessary, but happy to give you a dispray!

The laird
18-05-2018, 19:41
Is this a urinevan thing ?

RoaminRog
18-05-2018, 19:46
Is this a urinevan thing ?

Probably Gordon, I think one or two are taking the p****

barge1914
18-05-2018, 20:23
Devilish cunning these Italian designers. When I used to work with Italians in Milan they would but me up in the most incredibly small hotel rooms with distinctly idiosyncratic plumbing. In one whilst turning on the shower I received a violent jet of water up my nostrils, once I had finished choking I realised the funny depression in the corner of the shower tray was meant to be a compact integrated bidet. I dread to think what impact that would have had on my nether regions if I had actually sat on it!

RoaminRog
18-05-2018, 21:11
Devilish cunning these Italian designers. When I used to work with Italians in Milan they would but me up in the most incredibly small hotel rooms with distinctly idiosyncratic plumbing. In one whilst turning on the shower I received a violent jet of water up my nostrils, once I had finished choking I realised the funny depression in the corner of the shower tray was meant to be a compact integrated bidet. I dread to think what impact that would have had on my nether regions if I had actually sat on it!

We are able to open the window, and water next doors garden!

lands43
19-05-2018, 13:08
Have you modded your loo?

Or is it one on a trailer you tow behind for communal use.

mariesnowgoose
19-05-2018, 13:35

Tut! Those naughty Italians!! :scared: :rabbit: :raofl:

RoaminRog
19-05-2018, 13:43
Have you modded your loo?

Or is it one on a trailer you tow behind for communal use.

Modified toilet bowl. Happy to show you when we meet at Attleborough.

Tezza33
19-05-2018, 13:45
Tut! Those naughty Italians!! :scared: :rabbit: :raofl:
Well spotted Marie:D

r4dent
19-05-2018, 14:13
I won a Toilet Brush on the Bingo in Morecambe.

Tried it for a couple of weeks but decided that I preferred paper.

StreetSleeper
20-05-2018, 22:05
I won a Toilet Brush on the Bingo in Morecambe.

Surely it would be more apt if you had won it in a game of crap?

Rae & Ann

John Thompson
21-05-2018, 09:45
We used the 03483-01- Bidet Universal for Fiamma Bi-Pot Cassette Toilets For Sale at The Fiamma Centre (http://www.thefiammacentre.co.uk/fiamma-bidet-universal-for-bi-pot-cassette-toilets.html) for our C2 Toilet. They do this version for the 200 series. 03483A01- Fiamma Bidet 200 for Thetford 200 Cassette Toilets For Sale at The Fiamma Centre (http://www.thefiammacentre.co.uk/fiamma-bidet-200-for-thetford-200-cassette-toilets.html).

We used it for 8 years full timing no need for plumbing in. We used the bidet also for number 1s and used a lidded nappy bucket as storage in the shower tray. The bidet contents went in as well. We could made a cassette last us 10 days using this and the liquid only was easily disposed off.

lands43
22-05-2018, 07:48
as a very tight Yorkshire lady once said '' don't waste sheets -it's one for a wee ,two for a poo !''
i prefer glossy mags cut into squares, the extra slippiness speeds up the whole disgusting process, and youget to wipe those smug looks off celebrity faces

I was once told THREE sheets,
One sheet up, one sheet down and the third to polish !

mariesnowgoose
22-05-2018, 09:19
I was once told THREE sheets,
One sheet up, one sheet down and the third to polish !
A lot of WCers use this method.

Seen quite a few at meets, all of them 3 sheets to the wind :)

RoaminRog
22-05-2018, 19:09
A lot of WCers use this method.

Seen quite a few at meets, all of them 3 sheets to the wind :)

Excellent!

FringeDweller
25-05-2018, 18:55
Mine would

Roger
29-05-2018, 23:55
My first reaction to the thread title "what's wrong with the kitchen sink"?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS