PDA

View Full Version : Any advice on free camping on coast near Amargue

MissMills
21-08-2009, 22:15
Or any decent campsites around there? Or in fact any advice on nice beaches around there? We want to head down there for some sun in our camper and then work our way back up. Any tips appreciated. Also are we okay to fill up our blue gas out there? Many thanks everyone x

grath
22-08-2009, 06:11
Or any decent campsites around there? Or in fact any advice on nice beaches around there? We want to head down there for some sun in our camper and then work our way back up. Any tips appreciated. Also are we okay to fill up our blue gas out there? Many thanks everyone x

You will NOT be able to exchange Calor butane or propane in France.
You must take enough for your vacation or make alternative arrangements.
Options.

Camping Gaz == expensive

French cylinders == you will need a French regulator and possibly a French address to get started.

Gaslow or some other refillable cylinders = different adaptors required for some countries & expensive to kit out, but cheaper in the long run

MissMills
26-08-2009, 11:09
thanks for that. I've just discovered i can get a 7.5 calor for half price of little campingaz and that should do us for the three weeks! will take our little campingaz in case and we can always get it filled up out there if we run out. thanks for your help.

ian81
26-08-2009, 13:06
Dear Miss Mills, I am not aware of a place called Amargue in France. Do you perchance mean the CAmargue. If so a good place is Ste Maries de Mar. See Saintes Maries De La Mer : Aire de service pour camping car (http://airecampingcar.com/aire_camping_car_gps.php/477-Saintes%20Maries%20De%20La%20Mer) which also will show you other aires in the area.

It is possible to drive out from Ste Maries and park on a road next to the sea which we hope to be doing in less than a week.

MissMills
27-08-2009, 12:42
thank you yes that's really helpful! sorry for bad spelling! maybe see you there!

Pioneer
27-08-2009, 13:02

Hi,
as Ian81 said, the beach road into St Maries is full of pull in places to stay, but can be a little noisy with passing traffic, more so at weekend when the local bull fighting takes place (they don't kill the Bull here) but parade the young Bull's through the street during the morning, with riders on horseback, that's as far as I got, quite a show, but you smell them before they arrive!
The aires get's very busy, so turn up early if you want a decent spot, this is 5mins walk into town, a lovely quiet place with lots of tiny shops and restaurants.
We have a Gaslow system, so no problems with re-filling, sorry can't help you with info on camping gaz etc,
Enjoy your trip.

Happy Camping:)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS