PDA

View Full Version : new to motorhoming.

lordoxcliffe
25-08-2009, 17:40
As yet, I do not own a motorhome, I have an idea to tour uk/europe starting in 3 years time. Lots of planning needed. Me and ladyoxcliffe want to sell up and travel for at least 10 years. Has anyone attempted such an adventure. We want to do quite a lot of wild camping, and stay on sites maybe once or twice a week to recharge and empty everything.

best regards, Lordoxcliffe OBE.

Telstar
25-08-2009, 20:29
welcome to the site, loads of info on here. Use the search facility and you'll find loads more. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

The important thing about choosing a van, especially if not building your own is choose the right layout. Consider what you want and remember we all carry far too much, stuff we never use or very rarely use. Try and find things that have more than one use and ask yourself with every purchase for the van, do I need it and how often will I use it. If not, leave it on the shop shelf.

My top tip is use proper wine glasses, plastic is not an suitable option:D

Jon

zeezee16
20-09-2009, 21:25
There's nothing wrong with plastic.
Ali.
P.S Nearly forgot BIG WHITE DOG.

BedfordMJ
20-09-2009, 21:40
Lordoxcliffe OBE.

? ahhh I see.

TWS
20-09-2009, 21:41
Hi and welcome, good luck with your plans and dreams.

regards Tom

mandrake
21-09-2009, 12:00
hi and welcome to the wildys, get planning and get out there and enjoy .there are literaly thousands of places to wid camp out there ,some for the od night or two or some for even longer,we use laybies car parks and even the od pub stopover works for us . we havent used a campsite in 4 months of being in the van .

watchthis
21-09-2009, 12:09
As yet, I do not own a motorhome, I have an idea to tour uk/europe starting in 3 years time. Lots of planning needed. Me and ladyoxcliffe want to sell up and travel for at least 10 years. Has anyone attempted such an adventure. We want to do quite a lot of wild camping, and stay on sites maybe once or twice a week to recharge and empty everything.

best regards, Lordoxcliffe OBE.
Hi Lordoxcliffe
Welcome to the site if you need any information just ask --and lots of the members will try to help you out:D--This really is a super site with very friendly members;)
Bye for now
Freddie:D

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS