PDA

View Full Version : Braemar

Pioneer
27-08-2009, 17:16
Car park with cleaned WC (hot water and hand drier), plus outside water tap in the centre of Braemar. This is opposite the local Police station, and around the corner from the Hotels and shops, what more could you want on your visit to Braemar.
Knowing that the HRH's where sleeping up the road in the Big Hoose!:) made the stopover special.
Also within a few miles on Glenshee, lot's of nice stopover places to be found.

Happy Camping:)

Jacques le foot
27-08-2009, 18:51
We heading up that way in 2 weeks time. We were hoping for the west coast, but by gum!! the weather has got to improve a bit!! Haven't they just had the pits of weather this year, and the forecast for the next 2 weeks is no better.
We are thinking maybe it might be a bit better further east, so will be grateful for any 'wilding ' spots over that way. We have stayed at Braemar, but in our early motorhoming days, when we still had a 'caravanning' mentality, so stayed on the CC site. :confused:

Jackie :)

bob690
27-08-2009, 20:06
Hi Jackie, as bill said there are literally dozens of spots to wildcamp around Braemar and its a beautiful place too. After youve gone past Glenshee up to Braemar on the A93 you will be spoilt for choice, and the c class road that leads out to the Linn of Dee has also many spots. Also the B976(both sides) good luck....Bob

MisterED
24-09-2009, 20:30
What a great spot 2 miles out of Braemar up the Linn of Dee road on the right a layby with two tuck in spots beside trees with wonderfull veiws.

Spent Saturday last there, lovely night peacefull.

Sunday morning road quite buisy as bikers and walkers head past thee bridge to the top car park.

Highly recomended.

Hilary and Terry

Pioneer
24-09-2009, 20:44
Some great spots around Braemar, might be tempted for New year, staying on the central car park.

Telstar
25-09-2009, 11:12
Is that you organising a New Year meet!!!!!:D

Jon

Pioneer
25-09-2009, 12:05
Is that you organising a New Year meet!!!!!:D

Jon

Could be Jon, it's a little early just yet, hoping to move home before then, so we will wait a while longer before planning anything. I am sure the big Hotel in Breamar would do a cracking feast with some entertainment. I think maybe I will do a little research.
Hope your both well.

Bill and Angie.

rach82
25-09-2009, 15:03
What a great spot 2 miles out of Braemar up the Linn of Dee road on the right a layby with two tuck in spots beside trees with wonderfull veiws.

Spent Saturday last there, lovely night peacefull.

Sunday morning road quite buisy as bikers and walkers head past thee bridge to the top car park.

Highly recomended.

Hilary and Terry

Do you mean this spot??????:D

MisterED
27-09-2009, 18:24
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d111/terry567/P9171555.jpg

Jo001
27-09-2009, 19:07
If you are thinking of going to a hotel in Braemar, I'd NOT recommend the Fife Arms - we ate there once and it was rubbish, but we went back a second time, months later, thinking the first time had to be just bad luck, and it was even worse! We have heard that the golf club does good food, and we met some people on our last trip that had been staying at the Moorsfoot (off the main road, near the games field) and they said the food there was good.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS