PDA

View Full Version : This from Facebook - Stolen Motorhome

winks
21-06-2018, 09:39
Photos de la publication de Mandy Jane dans Motorhome Madness (https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156595900624048&id=647039047&set=gm.2150822541870426&source=48)

Cheers
H

Wooie1958
21-06-2018, 09:49
Another Transit based motorhome :scared:

I know someone who fitted a removable steering wheel to theirs and takes it off every time they park up :confused:

Don`t know how he got around the airbag situation but he did and they`re away at the moment so i can`t ask.

mariesnowgoose
21-06-2018, 10:00
I wonder how many people use the old-fashioned steering locks?
Used to also have a gearstick locking device (can't remember the proper name, but it was metal and you clipped it on the gear stick somehow?).
Wheel clamps is also another idea.

I know that if someone is determined to steal something they will, no matter what, just I think it might be worth taking these extra 'physical' precautions? New 'smart technology' i.e. immobilisers etc. can nearly always be overridden/circumvented in time by toerag tea leaves.

I just think that the more barriers you put in someone's way it reduces the chance of them bothering to nick it? Just sayin'

BUT - I knew someone once who had their brand new Harley motorbike nicked. Theives broke into a triple padlocked metal door garage (with a metal grinder or something similar) removed bike which was chained with two heavy duty chains to two big metal bars cemented into the wall of the garage and behind their parked car (!). They left some dents in the car roof where they'd lifted & manhandled the bike over the top of the car to get it out.
All of which sort of puts paid to my theory of using more physical barriers! :lol-049::egg:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS