PDA

View Full Version : Repatriation insurance for 25 year old camper

Norris
31-08-2009, 21:59
I have been trying to find someone who will sell me repat insurance for my "C" reg Talbot Merlin van without success. Can any one help please??

AndyC
01-09-2009, 09:23
I have been trying to find someone who will sell me repat insurance for my "C" reg Talbot Merlin van without success. Can any one help please??
I think you will have difficulty. Most, if not all, insurers would not pay out more that the value of the vehicle in repatriation costs. It might be worth trying ADAC, but I think even they apply the same rule.

AndyC

Motorvating
01-09-2009, 20:03
Have you tried Adrian Flux?

Norris
02-09-2009, 15:46
Yes, tried Adrian Flux, and Footman James but both of them require that you be insured with them too. Lots of adverts for European Breakdown insurance that when you read closely isn't worth the bother. One of them will get a local mechanic to come and see you and you have to pay the guy!! Also, as already stated, some companies check the value of your vehicle first and they check it with Glass's valuation and won't bring you home if it is more than your van is worth.

n8rbos
16-09-2009, 14:15
don't know if these will help m8 but i with them and they very helpful so might be able to help you caravanwise.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS