PDA

View Full Version : Bakewell

Old_Arthur
08-09-2009, 11:10
going to try monsal head this weekend;)is there any good parkin for motorhome in bakewell so the wife can have her retail therepy on sat morn:p

JohnH
08-09-2009, 11:20
Went there last month to stock up on Bakewell tarts/puddings (whichever you prefer).
Head out of Bakewell on the A6 (Haddon Road) and when leaving the built-up area (at least thinning out). Turn left into Agricultural Way. You can park, pay and display as you approach the centre.
Hope that is clear, when I went last month I was beginning to panic as I thought I had left Bakewell before seeing the road off.

Old_Arthur
08-09-2009, 12:06
thanx john just googled it:cool:

How could i pull a post code or co-ordernrts (you know what i mean them boy scout number thingys)

JohnH
08-09-2009, 12:41
thanx john just googled it:cool:

How could i pull a post code or co-ordernrts (you know what i mean them boy scout number thingys)

If you have a look at the turning with Google Earth at the bottom of the screen on the left hand side below the mapping are the co-ordinates. Alternatively use Microsoft Autoroute and in that you can bring to the screen a set of co-ordinates as to where the mouse is positioned. Or, not knowing what GPS system you have, on my Navman I can put in junctions which in this case I know all too well.
Happy camping

Highwayman999
08-09-2009, 14:12
We always park alongside the old railway station in Bakewell.

It is located on Station Road - the road that forks off to the right at the memorial as you take the A619 road for Baslow out of the town centre and cross the bridge over the Wye. There's ample parking alongside the old station.

It is a small industrial area we always do half a day in Bakewell then get the bikes off and do a ride incorporating the Monsal Trail.

Hope this helps! :)

Ps. Bakewell railway station into google maps pinpoints exactly where we park!!

Brad

zeezee16
08-09-2009, 15:08
going to try monsal head this weekend;)is there any good parkin for motorhome in bakewell so the wife can have her retail therepy on sat morn:p
If your not too late up, there's a decent size carpark at the co-op, or a carpark on the matlock road.
Give us a report on Monsal head, we keep meaning to try it.
Cheers, Pete.

grath
08-09-2009, 17:40
We prefer Cromford and you can walk or cycle along the canal or into Matlock Bath

tresrikay
08-09-2009, 18:36
The agricultural centre car park is massive, you will have no problem parking there, Bakewell town centre is just a couple of minutes walk away. Not too far to carry all those shopping bags. I have even parked there on B/H Mondays when Bakewell becomes the centre of the universe.:rolleyes:

Old_Arthur
08-09-2009, 18:44
The agricultural centre car park ,is that the big one at the end of agricultural way that john h spoke about,googled it wondered what the big building was:confused:

lescombes
25-09-2009, 20:01
Friend of mine tells me that Access for All - Sites to Visit - White Lodge Car Park - Peak District National Park Authority (http://www.peakdistrict.org/index/visiting/accessibilit/access4all/access4all-sites/white.htm) is a good place for Wild Camping....as they say "wild camped just north of bakewell 3.6 miles north of Bakewell on the A6 (secluded picnic area with a loo) and had no probs."

Billy big bus
01-11-2009, 18:48
Friend of mine tells me that Access for All - Sites to Visit - White Lodge Car Park - Peak District National Park Authority (http://www.peakdistrict.org/index/visiting/accessibilit/access4all/access4all-sites/white.htm) is a good place for Wild Camping....as they say "wild camped just north of bakewell 3.6 miles north of Bakewell on the A6 (secluded picnic area with a loo) and had no probs."

Checked this place out today, after staying at Monsal Head for the night. It says on the gate that it is closed at 8 pm, the gate is only approx 8 to 9 ft wide and the tree cover is quite low. Anybody with a high, wide m/home may strugle.

Pilotewanderers
24-05-2011, 19:33
Has no one noticed that there are notices for that car park saying no over night parking? Or was 8 weeks ago.

Pilotewanderers

Old_Arthur
24-05-2011, 20:04
NO :scared:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS