PDA

View Full Version : heartfelt plea from a vet

n brown
02-09-2018, 18:52
Center of their world - Album on Imgur (https://imgur.com/gallery/bHItdow)

mistericeman
02-09-2018, 19:17
As a "pet owner"....
Or possibly more accurately someone that is owned by the animals I share my life with...

It's one of life's most painful points... Only eased slightly by the thoughts/beliefs that I can be there to ease another beings suffering in a way often denied to human beings.
Sadly taking on any animal... And frankly especially rescue animals, means signing up for the whole deal and the pain that's involved.

However being able to offer dignified release from pain and suffering at cost to my own feelings is a small price to pay (that said I'm typing this with tears rolling down my face)

Truth is....
The ones we love the most are often the ones we get to spend the shortest time with.

GWAYGWAY
02-09-2018, 19:28
as a non pet owner this hadn't occurred to me Center of their world - Album on Imgur (https://imgur.com/gallery/bHItdow)

Sod you Brown!
You have brought it all back and made me blub like an idiot again, I couldn't be there but the wife did go with her, I just sat outside and cried in the waiting area.

colinmd
02-09-2018, 20:13
Hard as it is we never let a pet go alone, in fact we pay for the vet to come out to us so they can be in surroundings they know. One of the hardest things is judging when to have a pet put down, it's all to easy to leave it too late putting the pet throu unessarary pain.

mistericeman
02-09-2018, 20:38
Hard as it is we never let a pet go alone, in fact we pay for the vet to come out to us so they can be in surroundings they know. One of the hardest things is judging when to have a pet put down, it's all to easy to leave it too late putting the pet throu unessarary pain.

Spot on mate.... True animal lovers know the pain it takes.

saxonborg
02-09-2018, 21:46
On our eigth Golden Retriever, parting with them is the worst thing ever, you imagine that it might be easier the older you get- not so- our dogs have been part of our family and we have never given up on them but by the same token never made them suffer. We have travelled many miles in search of the most appropriate treatment for them, so I appreciate how other people feel towards their “pets”.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS