PDA

View Full Version : Ripon, North Yorkshire

Yorkshiremotorhome
19-09-2009, 14:33
There are two place near the race course that are good for a stop over. The first is just over the bridge coming in from Boroughbridge, although there is a burger van there from 7 am. The second is approximatly 1000 yards on towards Ripon near the locks and I believe it is owned by the Water Ways

maingate
19-09-2009, 16:42
I might be down that way shortly, thanks for the info.

I believe that its popular to have club meets right next to the race course (B6265). That is a nice spot. As I am in both CC and C&CC I check the meets to see if there is anything I fancy. It is not exactly wilding but you know it is legit.

Chrissy
19-04-2010, 14:27
There are two place near the race course that are good for a stop over. The first is just over the bridge coming in from Boroughbridge, although there is a burger van there from 7 am. The second is approximatly 1000 yards on towards Ripon near the locks and I believe it is owned by the Water Ways

We checked out these two spots this last weekend and in our opinion:-

The first was just off the main road which is pretty busy and had huge pot holes. It was very open as in just a plot of concrete with no tree defence etc. There was still room for a few vans though and if the traffic doesn't bother you it was quite nice;

The second, which is indeed just up the road is next to the canal. This was much more of a dirt surface car park and not very even. Again, it was just off the main road but was a bit more hidden with a bank of bushes at the road's edge. It had a much nicer feel to it, for us, than the first one and it looked like you could cross the cattle grid and use the Disable spots overnight which would take you even further away from the road.

Hope this helps :p

Chrissy

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS