PDA

View Full Version : Helsby hill,Frodsham Ches.

sasquatch
20-09-2009, 17:35
Just passed near to this afternoon on the ship canal.Wondered if anyone has ever used it to camp. I remember many years ago parking up on the site of the old Helter skelter by the Mersey View for a day and no one bothered me,has it been done overnight?

Helsby and Frodsham Marshes from Helsby Hill:: OS grid SJ4975 :: Geograph British Isles - photograph every grid square! (http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/198931)

Airecraft
20-09-2009, 17:44
The ship canal is an interesting trip, business or pleasure? I've used it between Eastham and Frodsham Marsh to access the river Weaver. Sadly, the Mersey View is no longer open for business. Best stop around there if you like peace and quiet is just north of Delamere Forest at GR SJ525732.
Andy

sasquatch
21-09-2009, 13:51
Hi Andy,
I was on a pleasure trip.Mersey ferries run cruises up and down the canal with excellent commentaries. Last year we went from Wirral to Salford and bus back. This year from Salford back to Wirral. The Mancunians get a better deal with 2.5 hours in the 'pool before the buses return,we went from the boat to the bus at Salford.

carloslerouge
22-09-2009, 13:02
The ship canal is an interesting trip, business or pleasure? I've used it between Eastham and Frodsham Marsh to access the river Weaver. Sadly, the Mersey View is no longer open for business. Best stop around there if you like peace and quiet is just north of Delamere Forest at GR SJ525732.
Andy

The Mersey View is still open and is now known as The View. There is a large car park which is rarely full so I don't think you'd be moved on. Wouldn't fancy beiing there at kicking out time at the weekends though!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS