PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN Ford Transit Hymer Tramp Motorhome - 2008 from Hitchin Hertfordshire

VivLitch1970
25-10-2018, 17:13
STOLEN MOTORHOME PLEASE HELP US FIND IT 😢

Details are:
Ford transit hymer tramp 2008
Registration - FX08 LWD
Stolen Sunday 21st October from Hexton nr Hitchin Hertfordshire. Distinguishing mark is at the start of the camper body on the passenger side the bottom panel is missing and we had to repair as unable to find a replacement one
My fathers tool bag with tools were in it, it has a windscreen cover. All our belongings, clothes, crockery, sunloungers, has barbecue etc we’re all still in it as we were going away this week
Any information, help, sharing on other sites is appreciated. Is there anything more we can do to try and find it? We have received reports that they have seen the camper in Flitwick Bedfordshire are, so if you live around here or pass by please keep a look ta and report it or get int touch Thank you

grath
25-10-2018, 17:31
Sorry to hear this F*****G Tw4t5 !
Would you really want it back, I know I wouldn't want ours back, as long as the insurance paid out!
Good luck and will look out for it!

landoboguy
26-10-2018, 16:05
Sorry to hear that, I hope you were fully insured with a decent insurer.
Do some facebook posts aswell as all the usual reports.

Good luck Ill keep an eye out for the repair.

TJBi
27-10-2018, 11:01
Sorry to hear this. While good insurance is obviously useful, it can't address your emotional distress.
Unfortunately, my experience is that the police do nothing but issue a crime number and hope that an ANPR camera will be triggered - which relies on the thieves not obscuring/changing the numberplates.
Presumably, you were not aware of how easily a Ford Transit Mk.7 can be stolen. Should you recover your motorhome or replace it with another on a Transit Mk.7 chassis, do ensure that you read the relevant threads on here and beef up security appropriately.

hairydog
27-10-2018, 11:04
When getting a motorhome insurance quote this year, the first question I was asked was "Is it a Ford Transit?" Perhaps I should have answered Yes to see what would happen.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS