PDA

View Full Version : Loch awe

marty
01-10-2009, 15:39
Hi folks had a good stop over on the b480 .
There is a forest drive on a single track road opposite a wooded car park which we stayed in then travelled the foresst drive from loch awe to loch fyne which had some good stop over points some with great hill top veiws and also a deer trail and a wildlife hide.

Forestry Commission - Brenchoillie - Leacainn Forest Drive (http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/ourwoods.nsf/LUWebDocsByKey/ScotlandArgyllandButeEastLochAweBrenchoillieAuchin drainLeacainnForestDrive)

suej
01-10-2009, 18:41
We went up that scenic drive in June and enjoyed a couple of nights wilding there. Like you say the views were great and it was very peaceful. Only downside was I was eaten alive by midges:( .. not my fault I'm such tasty stuff :D:D

Wee-z
01-10-2009, 18:45
Hi Marty
Thanks for that post . It looks a very interesting drive.
Is there any problem on height for M/home?
We have to allow 10'9'' for clearance.
Just in case it is through some low trees and the like. I have
put that one on the List of places to go

weez
Tony

suej
01-10-2009, 19:01
We didn't have any problems with trees and our van is about the same height as yours. The road along the side of Loch Awe is single track but there are plenty of passing places.. just have to gan canny!

Randonneur
01-10-2009, 19:33
Thanks for this post, its one for us to remember the next time we're up near Lochgilphead on our way west.

marty
18-10-2009, 11:33
Yea no problem here as its still used as a working forrest so the lorrys can go up.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS