View Full Version : One From Facebook

winks
12-12-2018, 10:47
This from Facebook this morning.

Cheers

H

sasquatch
12-12-2018, 11:16
That is so heartbreaking,when ours was stolen,we had just come back from a trip,my only consolation was that the toilet cassette was full! The Police are next to useless there must be hotspots for the thefts-I have noticed a lot in the midlands especially.
The thieving scum have no thought of the heartache their callous actions cause,they are too idle to do an honest days work.
Whilst I am on a rant why don't Fords do something about the vulnerability of their products? If these thefts occurred in the US there would be a legal action against Fords.
There was recently an incident of van contents being dumped and I doubt if the authorities have done any forensic tests. I urge anyone who has suffered such a devastating loss to use the many FB pages that exists for stolen vehicles and Crimewatch FB pages.
The rest of us need to take another look at our vehicle security and not rely on electronic devices. Just to cheer everyone up if a theif is determined he will take it.
One fault is having one key to do everything especially the filler caps which are a technique they use to copy and gain access and the by pass security via the obd port and,in the case of Fords use a Tibbe pick which costs £20 from the net!
Sorry to go on but our Hymer Exsis was stolen 2 years ago and we really miss it even though we now have a replacement vehicle,not a Hymer sadly.

Wully
12-12-2018, 15:43
Thatís a shame I think the change in the system for mots tax and insurance over the last ten twenty years help the crooks there seems to be quite a lot of these roller team vans stolen and thereíll be quite a few vans that are cloned with the same plates think no tax disk you donít even need a paper mot anymore so if plod passes a stolen van his pnc System is going too show that everything is ok even if he stops said van is he going too check vin numbers no all heís going too do is a check using number plates no documents are required as long as the computer says itís good itís good enough for them remember the old chity too produce youíre documents at least that system left a paper trail.

phillybarbour
12-12-2018, 17:50
Sadly the common theme is not Roller Team its Ford Transit.

Penny13
12-12-2018, 21:56
So sad for this couple :( I hope their Christmas is good in other ways.

peter palance
13-12-2018, 07:41
Thatís a shame I think the change in the system for mots tax and insurance over the last ten twenty years help the crooks there seems to be quite a lot of these roller team vans stolen and thereíll be quite a few vans that are cloned with the same plates think no tax disk you donít even need a paper mot anymore so if plod passes a stolen van his pnc System is going too show that everything is ok even if he stops said van is he going too check vin numbers no all heís going too do is a check using number plates no documents are required as long as the computer says itís good itís good enough for them remember the old chity too produce youíre documents at least that system left a paper trail.
ever motor in briton should have a tax disc they do in spain ,?.pj

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS