PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Bury St Edmunds

grasscutter
10-10-2009, 18:55
Does anyone have any up to date info on wild camping in the Bury St Edmunds area. We are planning to visit next weekend.I notice Ram Meadow has five motorhome bays but suspect it may get noisy at night. May have to use a CL if we are unable to find a place to tuck away for a night.

suej
10-10-2009, 19:01
we stayed in that car park for a night in June this year... no probs at all. We were the only van there. Clean toilets there but not open all night.

grasscutter
10-10-2009, 19:15
Thanks for the info suej.Think we will give it a try.

suej
11-10-2009, 08:39
the parking bit for motorhomes is in the small carpark on the left just before the entrance to the big main carpark. You can see the marked bays if you check it out on google earth.
Have a good time.
Sue

jayeastanglia
12-10-2009, 07:40
it can be a bit noisy on friday nights in BSE especially from boy racers..but the bonus the police station is only round the corner and the foot patrols cross the road opposite the car park as police station is just down the footpath opposite about 1/4 mile away..you can park round behind the suger beet factory as i used to park there when driving lorrys but it can be a bit smelly..you can park in the truck park as well but again it can be noisy especially weekdays,or park at the end of the road by the truck park.

GARY ENGLISH
12-10-2009, 17:45
I have stopped over at ram meadow and it was ok.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS