PDA

View Full Version : Highland Gathering 28th June - 2nd July 2019

magbrin
03-02-2019, 11:30
Highland Gathering at Brin, near Inverness (IV2 6XD) will be from 28th June to 2nd July this year. It will follow the usual tried and tested format, but will also include a party on Canada Day, Monday 1st July! We may even have some visitors from Canada to help us celebrate!

There will be no charge, but all donations to The Neil Mackenzie Trust will be welcome. See The Neil Mackenzie Trust – Outdoor skills and expedition grants (http://www.theneilmackenzietrust.com) for details.

Facilities are minimal, but we do have a CS if you like your creature comforts! Numbers may be limited. It is unlikely that we be holding a second meet/gathering this year.

More details to follow in March/April. Look forward to seeing you in June.

jagmanx
08-02-2019, 01:06
Hi Margaret, a touch concerned about seeing no posts from you.

We have no specific plans for this summer as yet.
So Maybe !

Tonybvi
08-02-2019, 10:13
Hi M & A

Thanks for the notice. It should be ok for us - were off to Guernsey immediately afterwards but provided we can get everything done in time well be there. Ill lean gently on Iain to see if we can get him to come up as well!
See you end of March at the wedding?
T & S

wildebus
08-02-2019, 19:03
Be a bit quiet with just one van?

Ahh sorry, that is the "Highlander Gathering" :)

Georgieporgie
12-02-2019, 07:43
Hi Margaret, could you please pencil me in for this meet ?

Clunegapyears
13-02-2019, 06:47
So sorry not to make this. We will still be in Euroland.

magbrin
24-03-2019, 12:08
Just emerging from hibernation! Is it really spring?

Got you down, Tony & George and Phil as a possibility.

Looking for at least 10 vans to make it worthwhile, and hopefully more of you are now coming out of hibernation and planning your staycation summer. Everyone welcome - dogs, children other pets - we have had a cat and a ferret in the past! Let me know if you are interested, as soon as you can as we are going to be away from end April - mid June. (NB. As always our daughter, her husband, family and dog will be here while we are away!)

Just to remind you, we are near Inverness and we will be following a similar pattern, but actual details will be defined nearer the time. For those of you have not been before there will be a BBQ on the field, one evening or possibly durning the day on Canada Day (or both), There will be a trip to a pub one day/evening, there will be opportunities for walks, cycles, swims (wild) etc. A shopping trip to Inverness for anyone who needs retail therapy, and plenty of time to chill (hopefully not literally)!

Happy for early arrivals on the Thursday - though you may be drafted in to help set things up!

All the best and safe travels
Margaret

roamingman
24-03-2019, 13:06
We shall hopefully be coming again, be good to see you.

2cv
24-03-2019, 14:52
Wed love to get back to a meet at Brin. Unfortunately this one clashes with the car show at Moffat. Next time hopefully.

magbrin
25-03-2019, 11:04
It will be good to see you again, roamingman - I hope all is well with you both. Sorry 2cv it clashes - maybe next time, and really sorry Clunegapyears that you will be away. I will pm you with our Europe trip details to see where you might be during May/early June.

I have just started posting in other places, so hopefully we will get a good turnout. If places become short - I will let you know here, first, so that you can secure your pitch!

BTW this is probably the only meet/gathering here this year :( Although anyone is welcome anytime if you are passing.

Clunegapyears
26-03-2019, 05:59
Beat you to it, PM sent!

jagmanx
26-03-2019, 12:15
Pencil us in Please.
Still debating our plans but !!!!
Phil & Nida

magbrin
04-04-2019, 09:24
You're pencilled in, Phil & Nida!

Hoping for some more to book in - there must be a few people on Staycations in June!

We always have a great time - and have some lovely neighbours who join us for the BBQ. Come and relax, enjoy the sunshine and the craik, have a dram or two or a glass of wine, or one or two of Georges jellies, and most of all have some fun:camper::have fun:

jagmanx
13-04-2019, 04:32
You're pencilled in, Phil & Nida!

Hoping for some more to book in - there must be a few people on Staycations in June!

We always have a great time - and have some lovely neighbours who join us for the BBQ. Come and relax, enjoy the sunshine and the craik, have a dram or two or a glass of wine, or one or two of Georges jellies, and most of all have some fun:camper::have fun:

No brexit means over 3 months available for this
Sweden & Norway 2019 (probably !) | Motorhomer (https://motorhomer.com/threads/sweden-norway-2019-probably.39158/)

So this is now our new plan for the summer.
We love Norway and Sweden so taking advantage of the situation for what may be our last trip to Scandinavia
Note not our last trip full stop

wingedone
20-04-2019, 21:10
Highland Gathering at Brin, near Inverness (IV2 6XD) will be from 28th June to 2nd July this year. It will follow the usual tried and tested format, but will also include a party on Canada Day, Monday 1st July! We may even have some visitors from Canada to help us celebrate!

There will be no charge, but all donations to The Neil Mackenzie Trust will be welcome. See The Neil Mackenzie Trust Outdoor skills and expedition grants (http://www.theneilmackenzietrust.com) for details.

Facilities are minimal, but we do have a CS if you like your creature comforts! Numbers may be limited. It is unlikely that we be holding a second meet/gathering this year.

More details to follow in March/April. Look forward to seeing you in June.

Please count me in for june/july, Pam

magbrin
22-04-2019, 10:39
Sorry you won't make it Jagmanx - maybe next year.
Looking forward to seeing you again wingedone!
Will be in touch with those of you who have signed up, before the end of the week - we are off, next weekend - although Caroline etc. will of course be here!

magbrin
25-04-2019, 08:42
I am about to try to drum up a bit more interest on a couple of other sites - but it's not looking good :( I will be in touch with you all by pm or email in the next couple of days.

magbrin
27-04-2019, 09:12
Have sent a pm to you if you have signed up to come.

roamingman
06-06-2019, 18:06
Sorry unable to come,

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS