PDA

View Full Version : how to measure a sofa?

delicagirl
12-02-2019, 14:14
hi everyone - i am trying to find out how to measure my current sofa bed to see if it will go into another house. I see removal men turn sofas on their end and shuffle it in upright - they did a quick measure and hey presto it was in. Would ithey have measured from the floor to the top of the headrest (if its that tall) or from the floor to the arm rest.... or what - thanks

trevskoda
12-02-2019, 16:12
Most are made to go through a standard 33inch door on there end,please stop moving as i cannot keep stocking you at this rate.:lol-053::lol-053::lol-053:

ricc
12-02-2019, 19:21
on its end it should wriggle through a doorway, problem usually comes if you have to go down a narrow corridor, or up a narrow stairway to an upstairs flat.

weve got a couple of leather settees that recline , they come apart into small sections.

bodgeitnscarper
12-02-2019, 21:11
hi everyone - i am trying to find out how to measure my current sofa bed to see if it will go into another house. I see removal men turn sofas on their end and shuffle it in upright - they did a quick measure and hey presto it was in. Would ithey have measured from the floor to the top of the headrest (if its that tall) or from the floor to the arm rest.... or what - thanks

If the sofa went into a room on its end it should go into pretty much any other room the same way. It's when they are taller than a standard door frame, usually 3 seaters when they have to go in usually bottom first. I am a removals man and sofas are my nemesis sometimes.

Bodge

REC
13-02-2019, 12:50
We have had troubles with several sofas which theoretically should fit, the worst was my son's which would not get past the balustrade on the stairs, had to be taken round the back and in through the rear patio doors. Also have removed a sash window to get one in. So check width, height and length of sofa, then look at where you are taking it! Also, often the legs/ castors can be removed which makes it a easier!
Our mobile home with doors 27" wide, we bought a bed settee from IKEA which came in flatpack and solved the problem!

Wooie1958
13-02-2019, 13:44
Simple, measure it top to bottom, side to side and front to back, add VAT then subtract the date and you`ll have the tare weight of the velocity.

jagmanx
13-02-2019, 13:49
2 people
3 people
rarely 4 people..

Hope this helps !

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS