PDA

View Full Version : Boulogne ferry port?

rafiki
13-10-2009, 20:22
We're thinking of taking LD Lines late ferry from Dover just before Christmas arriving Boulogne 02:15. Can we park to sleep in the port area or nearby when we arrive?

Belgian
13-10-2009, 20:43
In Boulogne there is (was ?) a parking on the other side of the harbour:
° near 'Nausica', P Quai Gambetta (I don't know this parking is still available)
and in the higher town:
° P Remparts Haute Ville, blvd Auguste Mariette
There is an 'aire' at:
° >St Martin (north-east, near highway): Hypermarket “Auchan”, S: 2€
To the south at Le Portel:
° aire munic. Rue des Champs (towards Cap d’Alprech ,>< Intermarché), 20pl, S=free
To the north at Wimereux:
D940 W>< Pointe aux Oies, N 50 47 11.7, E 1 36 17.7

pianosonic
13-10-2009, 22:43
Hi
We did this route last month ,l.d.lines were the best we have crossed with.There is still limited parking next to the nausica aquarium ,fantastic beach view to wake up to.and on the opposite side of the port a few spaces next to the frite vans,We have always been ok there.If you follow the coast road south for 20 mins there is great free parking next to the marina and bridge at ETAPES .also free wi-fi if you need it.Plenty of shops when you wake in the morning.

regards terry

John H
14-10-2009, 09:46
The free parking next to Nausica now has "no overnight camping" signs on it but there is a designated car park on the quayside further towards the town - free overnight with a small payment for stays after 9am. Also, there are car parks all round the edge of the old town where you can stay all day for free (we discovered this by asking the local police, so there is no danger of being moved on).

rafiki
14-10-2009, 09:56
Thanks John. Do you happen to have a street name for the car park you mention near to the Nausica? As it will be very late we's like to be able to go straight there.

John H
14-10-2009, 10:25
Its the Quai Gambetta but if you have trouble finding it, just ask a port official or the police. Happy travels

shortcircuit
15-10-2009, 08:38
There is an aires at LePort which is minutes from harbour. Last time we were there, August, it was being moderised.

Enjoy

lebesset
15-10-2009, 13:17
pianosonic ,
I don't know any etapes , and presumably you don't mean etampes , so do you mean etaples ? monacled mutineeer and all that ?

if so , some directions in the town would be appreciated , Mc Do's car park is a bit small there to pick up the wifi

Belgian
15-10-2009, 18:20
pianosonic ,
I don't know any etapes , and presumably you don't mean etampes , so do you mean etaples ? monacled mutineeer and all that ?

if so , some directions in the town would be appreciated , Mc Do's car park is a bit small there to pick up the wifi

It should read Etaples, I guess. The parkings are along the Canche river (D940) cannot be missed. But some of these are forbidden for motorhomes. On the other side of the Canche are 3 MH-parkings at le Touquet.

rafiki
15-10-2009, 18:28
There is an aires at LePort which is minutes from harbour. Last time we were there, August, it was being moderised.

Enjoy

Thanks. Can't find a Le Port in that area in Autoroute; do you have a GPS reference please?

Ah! Found it! (I think) Le Portel? Off the D326?

pianosonic
15-10-2009, 19:21
hi lebesset excuse my spelling. lol
ETAPLES is the place.We have stayed there twice in the last three weeks, no probs along side a few more motorhomes.The free parking is next to the marina on the right just before you cross over the bridge opposite a big electrical store and WELSH fish n chip shop.(honest i had to look twice) We have never failed to pick up wi-fi there in the last 3 years dont think its from mc,d,s .The marina has always been deserted when we have stayed there.The police patrol round every few hours and theres never been a problem .We arrive there late n leave before 11am I wish i knew about g.p.s co-ordinates i could pinpoint it for you.

Hi Rafiki if you are getting in to boulogne at 2.00 am i would park up on the quai gambetta nr nausica .I doubt anyone will move you on ,just make sure you dont park in the spaces reserved for bus or coaches.The aire in le portel is a bit hard to find.
regards terry

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS