PDA

View Full Version : Devon Sun 25th - Wed 28th

biggirafe
18-10-2009, 11:49
I'm planning to be in Devon Sun 25th - Wed 28th for our first 'wildcamping' trip. Weve used plenty of sites and cl's over the years but now we have the van we want to try the joys of free camping.

Having watched the threads we thought about Dawlish Common as its just off of the end of the M5 and a nice place to get too first day, then maybe up to the Portsmouth arms for a night. With maybe a stay on an CL for a night so the kids can have a run around.

Is anyone else in around Devon that week, we'd love to meet up wsith some more experience wild campers whilst we are out. I'm keen this goes well as Nicole is a little nervous about wildcamping with 2 kids.

bmb1uk
19-10-2009, 18:29
sorry wont be there ,but have a brilliant time,dont worry about wild camping
BAZ

Randonneur
19-10-2009, 19:57
Hi,

Try Dawlish Warren car park, overnighting is allowed there and you're almost right on the beach. :)

biggirafe
20-10-2009, 20:22
Hi,

Try Dawlish Warren car park, overnighting is allowed there and you're almost right on the beach. :)

Thanks will do, just hoping the weather get a bit better. Were also waiting for the heater to get back from Arcsystems where its been for a service / repair. Gary is a great guy and can fix stuff other would not touch but 'quickly' does not seem to be in his vocabulary :rolleyes:

Wee-z
20-10-2009, 20:29
We are at opposite end of country so Devon for the weekend is a wee bit far. However we regularly wild with a 6 year old ans a one year old. the youngest has been wilding from days old! They enjoy it and normally have plenty space to run about outside - if need be just visit a playpark to let off steam.

Enjoy your weekend - look forward to hearing all about it on your return

biggirafe
24-10-2009, 10:01
Hi
In Ringwood last night, off to Poole tonight then heading west to Dawlish Warren for Sunday night. Weather should be better tommorow.

Does anyone know of a family friendly pub near the Warren?

Randonneur
24-10-2009, 10:34
Hi again biggirafe,

From the Warren car park, either go over the railway footbridge, or go under the railway line and walk towards the beach, there is a big family pub there, ( the boat or ship or something like that, I've forgotten the name ), they do meals and there is a kiddie play area upstairs, its right on the seafront so you can't miss it and there are amusement arcades there for the kiddies as well if you want. :) :)

biggirafe
26-10-2009, 12:23
Hi
All went well a few boy racers in and out but not much and no car sound systems which is my hate when camping. Boom boom boom for hours can spoil the atmos

Anyway the Warren was ok for our first wild night. Not our kind of place tbh lots of tourists fun fair and theme pubs.

We have found a CL for tonight and its off to the portsmouth arms tommorow

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS