PDA

View Full Version : stranraer

merlin wanderer
24-09-2006, 12:53
on the raod to Stranraer A77

Layby just before maidens village (off road)
layby just before Stranraer (off road public toilets coffee)

then over to Portpatrick nice harbour village camping tolerated
short term at the carpark(take your fishing rod)

sagart
28-10-2006, 14:20
Great for those on a Wicker Man tour...opening shots were filmed there.
The original version that is, not the Nicholas Cage rubbish

hillwalker
11-02-2007, 18:48
Leave Port Patrick Take A Left Follow The Road Till U See A Sign For Kilintrigan Lite Hoose. The Lite Hoose Is Turned In To A Spammy Hotel And Holiday Homes. There Are Signs Tellin U No Overnighters.just Ignore Them I Did Great Spot I Stayed There 2 Nights Not A Problem. Great Views Of The Sea . The Irish Ferries Pass Rite By U

Trevor
11-02-2007, 20:42
on the raod to Stranraer A77

Layby just before maidens village (off road)
layby just before Stranraer (off road public toilets coffee)

then over to Portpatrick nice harbour village camping tolerated
short term at the carpark(take your fishing rod)

Yup me and my mates used to go fishing around that area its a lovely place
I liked the mull of Galloway, saw the biggest basking shark there fantastic sight, The local police used to wave to us when they passed, and it is a verry good idea to take fishing rods with you even if you dont fish you get the idea behind that thought i am sure,;)

hillwalker
11-02-2007, 21:17
Yea Mate I Know Where Ur Comin From .i Took The Fishing Rods . Its A Great Place To Go . Ive Also Had My Van Down On The Beach ,5 Minutes Away From The Mill O , Gallowway .i Just Ask Farmers Permission He Said Yeah .took 3 Or 4 Pounds U Go Down through A Gate And Theres An Old Tanker Thats Been Washed Up. Great Fishin Ge It A Try.we Had Big Fire ,great U Canni Beat It

Trevor
12-02-2007, 10:51
Yea Mate I Know Where Ur Comin From .i Took The Fishing Rods . Its A Great Place To Go . Ive Also Had My Van Down On The Beach ,5 Minutes Away From The Mill O , Gallowway .i Just Ask Farmers Permission He Said Yeah .took 3 Or 4 Pounds U Go Down through A Gate And Theres An Old Tanker Thats Been Washed Up. Great Fishin Ge It A Try.we Had Big Fire ,great U Canni Beat It
There are two bays one left one right yes the farmer will let you on as you say for a small fee, if my memory serves me well those bays are called west tarbet and east tarbet and i may have the spelling wrong, spent many a weekend there and we were catching loads of fish all sorts of different types
oh the good old days i miss them so much.:(

hillwalker
12-02-2007, 13:22
do u still do the fishing trevor? i need to get back in to it again its been ages. my gear's all up the loft i think.she put's everything up the loft.

Trevor
12-02-2007, 15:02
do u still do the fishing trevor? i need to get back in to it again its been ages. my gear's all up the loft i think.she put's everything up the loft.
No i am always to busy in spring and summer, in winter i just cant cope with the cold anymore due arthritis, other wise i would have been still fishing now we use ton have a boat on the river Tyne so we did a lot of boat fishing, had some really good sesions cod fishing, and another thing that puts me off is the depletion of fish stocks:confused: so its just not the same as all those years ago.

REGARDS Trev.

hillwalker
13-02-2007, 19:37
Has Anybody Ever Tried Loch Ryan,there,s A Great Spot Just 5 Miles Out Side Stanraer.great Views Of Sea ,and Good Fishin, That's If U Like That Sort Of Stuff.

hillwalker
13-02-2007, 20:27
THERE'S A GREAT BIG LAYBYE HALF A MILE OUTSIDE LENDALFOOT ON UR RIGHT HAND SIDE.ON THE ROAD TO BALLANTRAE VIA STRANRAER.WE'VE USED IT LOAD'S OF TIMES.GREAT SPOT FOR COUPLE OF NIGHT'S BREAK.:rolleyes: :eek: :cool:

Trevor
13-02-2007, 20:58
I have fished Loch Ryan years ago it had the record for the biggest ray near three old concrete barges off the war, used to be able to drive along on to the sea front there, and i dont realy want to say this but there was a couple murderd in a camper van there, jealous hubby i think it was. dont worry it was a long time ago and the access was closed after that.

hillwalker
13-02-2007, 21:46
I Know Mate I Kept That Quiet ' But Its Great Place, And It Was The Other Side That It Happend.ur Right Anuf That Side Is Locked Because Of Assbetos In The Buildings

meldorado
07-08-2011, 11:04
Watch out for Sawney Bean in this area :scared:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS