PDA

View Full Version : Watch your granny on a Sunday

Wully
29-03-2019, 20:00
How is it that grannies and grandads always die on a Sunday or kids take Iíll parrots pets all seem to kick the bucket on a Sunday. Just saying as my workforce this seems a common problem but Iíve noticed that the best day to take off if youíre an undertaker doctor or a vet is a Thursday because in 25 years off of employing guys in the building trade Iíve never once had a guy take a Friday off because his granny died. Just saying because Rangers play Celtic this weekend and at least two of my guys grannies will die this weekend.

rockape
29-03-2019, 21:14
How is it that grannies and grandads always die on a Sunday or kids take Iíll parrots pets all seem to kick the bucket on a Sunday. Just saying as my workforce this seems a common problem but Iíve noticed that the best day to take off if youíre an undertaker doctor or a vet is a Thursday because in 25 years off of employing guys in the building trade Iíve never once had a guy take a Friday off because his granny died. Just saying because Rangers play Celtic this weekend and at least two of my guys grannies will die this weekend.
Have you also noticed that if you look in the obituaries, they all die in alphabetical order. Strange

maingate
29-03-2019, 22:47
Grannies are special ...

... I must have buried mine about 5 times. ;)

Asterix
29-03-2019, 23:13
They prefer Sundays because then they can skip church,of course they'll end up there anyway but at least they'll be lying down.

sasquatch
30-03-2019, 01:26
I posted this notice on the staff notice board "Any member of staff who has a relatives funeral should contact HR at least one week before the match/race meet" I once had an engineer who went on compassionate leave but was seen at the winning post of a race meet on the day. Amongst other advice he was given, he was adviswd in future not to stand near the winning post,especially if the meet is televised!

phillybarbour
30-03-2019, 06:40
The joys of running your own business, I have over 30 years experience.

jagmanx
30-03-2019, 12:15
The joys of running your own business, I have over 30 years experience.

On the day of the ICC Cricket final...Some"body" is bound to be buried that day..Not sure who but......!

lands43
30-03-2019, 18:26

Years ago when I worked at IBM, there was an irish chap who's gran died three times and he wanted time off for the funeral etc.
He got away with it the first two occasions - but the third was a one way trip.

Pauljenny
30-03-2019, 18:49
The last day of a test match at Headingley is often poorly attended, as Yorkshire lads are averse to booking tickets for what may be a foregone conclusion or shortened day. After 11.30 , it was open gates, or reduced entry price.
One glorious morning, my brother in law turned up and tempted me to go... it was a quiet day for our business, all the staff were in, so I succumbed.
Settled into an empty row of the best members seats, pint and a pie in hand, watching a young, fit Darren Gough wrapping up the back end of the visiting team.
It turns out we were close to the start of the bowlers run up and starred in the TV picture of every ball from that end.
My Brother in law worked for Radio Rentals and had called in sick.
His boss and workmates were able to see him on every set on display.
They made his life so uncomfortable, he eventually left

Asterix
30-03-2019, 19:51
Me and a mate worked at a caravan builders and decided to ring in sick on a Friday and spend the day at the pub,we stopped at a cafe on the way there to get an early lunch,while standing in the queue the bosses secretary slid in behind us. Got a good telling off on Monday...was a good day in the pub!

GWAYGWAY
31-03-2019, 20:07
I am the Grandad/Great-Grandad and married to the Granny-greatgranny, so I am worried now.
Funny though I never actually had any kids, they were sort of there ready to absorb my wallet by osmosis. Job lot I suppose.

molly 2
01-04-2019, 11:06
I went on a coach trip , in the bar the driver said it's my birthday to day so people bought him a pint . think he had a birthday every week ?.

wildebus
01-04-2019, 14:46
I went on a coach trip , in the bar the driver said it's my birthday to day so people bought him a pint . think he had a birthday every week ?.
Let's get this right .... The DRIVER of the coach was bought DRINKS in the PUB by the PASSENGERS on his Coach? What kind of Deathwish coach trips was he doing??

Pauljenny
03-04-2019, 10:57
I used to play the local pubs and clubs in a 1960s ' Pop Group "... Now THAT'S a dated term..
Every gig was one band members birthday. I had to keep a record, in the diary, to make sure we all got our fair share.. And to make sure that it was different for the rebooking.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS