busterbb
08-03-2011, 18:29
Is this still allowed?

BB

Guernsey Donkey
09-03-2011, 18:25
Is this still allowed?

BB

I had to apply to there head office and then its up to the local manager. I was told that it was 2hrs max unless you have permission and have reported to the office. If you know any different please let me know.

robjk
09-03-2011, 19:01
I work nights for Sainsburys and our store has 2 hour restriction but being close to the Swansea Cork ferry we tend to get quite a few over nights in car park. There is no company policy on this but I have never heard of any complaints or actions against over nighting. Car park restrictions only operate in the day. I do know some Tescos do have ANPR cameras in operation. When parking restrictions were put into my store a few years ago the company did not want to know of any sought of camera system then.

Rob

donkey too
09-03-2011, 20:44
I believe that you are all right in Tescos as long as they own the car park. some of their store car parking is provided by them when they build but handed over to the local authority. mainly in areas where there are more than one company using the parking.
I overnight at Clee often and no complaints but I always let the security bloke know I'm there.

bevo
10-03-2011, 13:19
i regularly use a tesco car park when going down to dover.
always ask at the information counter and have not been refused.

but i'm afraid the location of it remains with me.:cool::rolleyes:

Brandyman
10-03-2011, 14:05
i regularly use a tesco car park when going down to dover.
always ask at the information counter and have not been refused.

but i'm afraid the location of it remains with me.:cool::rolleyes:

I a free member join the club share with members

patricia
10-03-2011, 14:34
Going to Dover on Sunday can anyone let me no where Tescos is please .

Nosha
10-03-2011, 15:26
It's on the main A2 on the west side of the road (your right when heading towards Dover), if you get to the pub and garage by the roundabout (Duke of York?) you've missed it!

Being a full member, why not have a look at my recommended spot by the Dover Monument at St. Margret's, or (not used it myself) Marina Drive on the front. Others have said they are NEVER the only ones there!

GregM
10-03-2011, 15:41
It's on the main A2 on the west side of the road (your right when heading towards Dover), if you get to the pub and garage by the roundabout (Duke of York?) you've missed it!

Being a full member, why not have a look at my recommended spot by the Dover Monument at St. Margret's, or (not used it myself) Marina Drive on the front. Others have said they are NEVER the only ones there!

Doesn't the Monument have 'no overnight parking' signs? I am sure they were there last August and that put Tracey off as there was a lot of people still around.

patricia
10-03-2011, 16:00
Thanks for the info on Tesco we come into Dover the other way thats why we have never seen it.We normally park at marine drive but we thought we might get some shopping because lots of time before ferry.

John Thompson
10-03-2011, 20:33
From the A2 roundabout. Just before the turn into TESCO is a turn on the left to the council waste station. They will weigh you van FOC if you don't want a ticket. Its handy to know your laden weight.

Firefox
10-03-2011, 23:22
You can't lump all Tesco's in the same basket. I know one of their directors used to be a motorhomer or something, but basically like Lidl's, some of them are super crowded for parking and some of them aren't. Best approached on an individual basis.

GregM
11-03-2011, 09:26
You can't lump all Tesco's in the same basket. I know one of their directors used to be a motorhomer or something, but basically like Lidl's, some of them are super crowded for parking and some of them aren't. Best approached on an individual basis.

I would think the day of week would effect their decision, ie if you wanted to stop on a Tuesday night then it may be OK, but a Friday night may be a different matter as the car park is likely to fill quicker and earlier on the Saturday morning.

Daveandjacqui
09-05-2011, 19:14
We stopped on marine Drive , no problem

Dave&Jacqui

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS