PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool

virgil
01-10-2006, 17:29
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=331200&y=442035&z=3&sv=331200,442035&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf
Police patrol regularly and waved at my three littlens, stayed 2 nights, 10 campers first night 17 the second. Police patrol because it's a gay pickup point. There are toilets but we never used them due to lone men frequenting them!

Campervanman
02-10-2006, 19:11
Really when was this?

virgil
02-10-2006, 20:06
This weekend just gone!

swingsandroundabouts
03-10-2006, 15:17
Did you feel comfortable leaving your van parked up and going into town centre?

virgil
03-10-2006, 15:22
We never left the camper at Little Bispham, we took the camper to the other (south) end of Blacky and left the camper by the solarium (place with the two propellers) and cycled into the centre of town on the Saturday and parked in the middle of town on Sunday.

Badgerpig
04-10-2006, 15:14
Hi, your fairly safe leaving your van anywhere between Bispham (End of Illuminations) and Fleetwood during the day as it gets quite busy with old folks and fishermen but certain areas (tho not all) can get a bit unsavoury at night time particularly around public toilets :mad: If your in the van youd be fine but if you wanted somewhere safe to park and get the tram or walk along the illuminations into blackpool youd be better parking on Norbreck Castle Hotel car park or on one of the streets behind the promenade. From Gynn Square (the big roundabout with the tree on) the street parking gets gradually dodgier as you get into town Ive seen several cars and vans with windows broken over the last few years. Alot of the pay and display carparks in town centre seem to have their own resident vultures so Id steer clear of night parking in those too if poss.

GoneInAFlash
10-10-2006, 20:37
Hi,

I live in Cleveleys and regularly park at the Norbreck castle as I go to the Gym there. Although most of the time you would be okay parking there, they do enforce it especially if it's busy (Summer, Illuminations etc.) and unfortunately use one of the many clamping companies in Blackpool. Sorry to spoil that one.

Also a strange thing here is that on top of the hotel is an amateur radio repeater. The AA regularly get called out as peoples central locking/immobilisers remotes don't work due to the strong radio signal. The AA tow the cars down the road to get away from the effect!

http://www.GoneInAFlash.co.uk

DavyC
21-10-2006, 22:25
Hi

We stayed to the south of the pleasure beach just up a side street, over 10 campers both Friday and Saturday night.

Quite quiet except somebody complaining about campers not paying council tax at about 6.00 am

Davy C

vava1
27-10-2006, 20:02
Really when was this?

Interesting isn't it?!

swingsandroundabouts
09-11-2006, 19:41
We went to this site this week, what a nightmare !!
We heeded the warning about the toilets and parked up at the layby end. There was a MH already in there so we parked a little further up towards the Norbreck hotel end. For an hour we watched cars pull into the layby with lone men in them who were obviously cottaging (sp?) One guy walked passed our van cab very closely and was looking in! As it was getting very late we moved to the other end and took our chance. We did not get any sleep at all as the traffic was relentless all night. This was midweek in November for god's sake and not a single police car all night. I suppose with the dark nights those men felt safer in their seedy activities. I don't swear and am not crude but even I said to my husband " if they are that desperate for sex why don't they just go home and have a @~##????!!!!!"

The next day we went to Lytham st.Annes and parked up at the beach. Bliss, what a difference!.

the diesel gypsey
06-10-2007, 22:29
so whats the verdict on blackpool looking for somewhere safe and secure to park for a few nights to see the lights:cool:

SteveJ
10-08-2008, 20:07
I recently stayed at Lytham St Annes. Lovely little place and very close to Blackpool. We camped 2 nights in a small free carpark just back from the beach, and drove into Blackpool for free street parking near the South entrance to the Pleasure beach. :D

We were joined by 2 other motorhomes on the first night and 3 on the second. Unfortunately there was also one caravan there that had clearly set up residence for quite some time so the council may impose restrictions in future :mad:

The GPS Co-ordinates are: N53.73563 W2.97932 (end of Fairlawn Road)

There was also street parking in Lytham StAnnes on the grass verge just down the road where 2 other motorhomes were parked but it was immediately opposite residential properties which I felt a little uncomfortable doing. GPS coordinates: N53.73587 W2.97632 (Seafield Road)

If you need LPG and Water there is an excellent station a couple of miles away here: N53.74310 W2.94196 . There is a water on the end of the building behind the free Air/Water machine.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS