PDA

View Full Version : Grafham Water, Cambridgeshire

mark antony
07-11-2009, 18:52
Hi,

By way of introduction, I've moved on to a motorhome as a base to take my son to sailing events around the country. It's much better than traveloge-ing!

can anyone help with a wild site near to Grafham Water? It would be for one night; and at that just for a short sleeping break before spending the day at the sailing club. The club does allow camping on site - but only for major events.

Hope you can help.

Belgian
07-11-2009, 20:04
Hi,

By way of introduction, I've moved on to a motorhome as a base to take my son to sailing events around the country. It's much better than traveloge-ing!

can anyone help with a wild site near to Grafham Water? It would be for one night; and at that just for a short sleeping break before spending the day at the sailing club. The club does allow camping on site - but only for major events.

Hope you can help.
Hi Mark,
Could you ask the sailing club to provide some places for MH's to spend the night (at the same fee as a moring for a boat). They will allready have services (parking, tap, WC, el... for the members). As long as they take only a handfull of MH's now and then, they don't have to apply to camping regulations.
This is done in the Netherlands and Belgium with succes, but make a distiction between overnight parking and -camping.
Worth asking !
There are 1000 of marina's, yachting clubs in Britain, if only they should be aware that sailors and MH's have a common interest ! We will all gain by it.

mark antony
07-11-2009, 20:18
Unfortunate not in this case, as the training event We’re heading to is at the Grafham Water Centre – which doesn’t permit MH’s on site.

Most, if not all sailing clubs have a relaxed attitude to MH’s parking up on site – as long as you are there for a sailing event.

Anglican Water have car parks by the lake, but they are barriered off after past traveller encampments – so still looking for somewhere for night-time stopover.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS