PDA

View Full Version : Hayling Island

grasscutter
08-11-2009, 17:26
Just to say that we were at Hayling Island today and they have removed all the parking pay and display machines and signs for the winter months. Lovely seafront car parks with great views. Spoke to a couple who were overnighting down by the foot ferry. They say that as the signs have gone "Ignorance is bliss". Wished them all the best but I know from experience there can be boy racers about at weekends.

LaughingHeart
09-11-2009, 11:40
I just love the place. Thats why I do my anual meet there. Member of familt just buying house there too! Somewhere for me to store caravan and gear.
Paol.

mark antony
13-04-2010, 19:37
Hi,

off down to the sailing club to the east of the island, and wondered whether there's anywhere to park on the front. I would expect the pay and display have reappeared post Easter. They don't allow MH parking at the sailing club.

Thanks

novawight
14-04-2010, 10:35
Hi,

off down to the sailing club to the east of the island, and wondered whether there's anywhere to park on the front. I would expect the pay and display have reappeared post Easter. They don't allow MH parking at the sailing club.

Thanks

when arriving on the Island approx 1/2 mile from bridge directly after the esso station, take left, it is a nature reserve, you can park there i have done so in the past , on monday evening, there was a van wild camping,when i went out with my woofer, the only snag if it is high water,it might be quite difficule to park, cause of the board sailers, failing that, as you cross the bridge, take the first track on the right you can park right down at the waters edge, hope this helps, just a matter of interest , which sailing club, H.I.S.C, OR Mengham Sailing Cub

wivvys dad
14-03-2011, 13:29
We were at the West end of the island near the ferry this past weekend, and the signs and meters are there, only free between beginning of November and end of February. You can pay by mobile if you are so inclined. 1 per hour.

Even in mid-March, there is a warden checking every hour or so.

We went somewhere else.

colpot
15-03-2011, 06:42
We were there the other weekend (a tea stop on way to New Forest) - as you go on the island turn right directly after the Esso Garage and follow lane to end and there is a car park there.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS