PDA

View Full Version : Spurn Head

Daveandjacqui
15-11-2009, 20:52
Hi , does anyone know of any good camping places near spurn head that would take a 7 meter motorhome ? .

D&J

channa
16-11-2009, 13:52
Firstly I cannot recall if there are no overnighting signs etc.

But there is a car park at Easington which you pass on your way to the point ...you wouldnt have any problem there.

A little bit further is a pub style thing on the right hand side...an absolute massive limestone car park ..a lot of fisherman use it ...so it could be a possibility.

There is always the point itself....going down the spit there is a coupl eof places to park ...and at the point close to the lighthouse is a sufficient area and the disused lighthouse has a car park too which would accomodate you ..

I re iterate the legalities I am not sure, but all venues capable of a nights stop

Channa

Daveandjacqui
16-11-2009, 18:57
thanks chane,dont suppose you remember pub name ?

channa
16-11-2009, 19:09
thanks chane,dont suppose you remember pub name ?

Sorry I dont but you wont miss it ...it is on the right has you head towards the point itself.

In the late summer you get a lot of fisherman there supposedly a sea bass hotspot !!

I dont know if you have visited Spurn before, but I have seen deer there.(but no dogs are allowed )

If you are thinking of fishing ..as you go down the point the telegraph points are numbered ...no 42 is supposed to be a hot spot ..althogh all i caught was a cold.!!!

If you park up near the old lighthouse, I would be surprised if you had any problems, the only traffic is the occasional humber pilot and fisherman calling it a day.

A superb view across the estuary. and a walk around the 'binks' will take your breath away

I am pretty sure you will find somewhere to park.

one of Englands hidden jewels in my book is Spurn Point

Channa

wilthebeast
16-11-2009, 20:24
Sorry channa the pub is on your left if your heading to the point ,
also i would,nt advice taking a 7 meter van down spurn road ( sorry):eek:

channa
16-11-2009, 21:29
Sorry channa the pub is on your left if your heading to the point ,
also i would,nt advice taking a 7 meter van down spurn road ( sorry):eek:

You are referring to the pub in kilnsea which indeed is on your left !

the establishment I am referring too is deffo on the right .(but I cant remember the name )it is possibly 800 metres short of the checkpoint to the point.

In terms of taking a 21 ft van down the point I personally dont see a problem,
I grant you the road becomes single track with passing places. but it is a fairly simple excercise to spot oncoming traffic.

There are far worse places I wouldnt want to take a van that length, for example between Ambleside and Coniston.

channa

wilthebeast
17-11-2009, 18:26
Hi Channa,
I know the place you are referring to on the right, yes it is on right BUT its before you get to KILNSEA and spurn road , its an hotel with a large car park but not sure if we could park as have never asked ( MAY BE I SHOULD ) for future ref .
As for driving down to the point which i agree there are some good spots with plenty of places to park ( maybe o.k at this time of year ) maybe we will have to try it and let and let our friends on site know . all the best KEITH.:)

missElaineous
17-11-2009, 18:45
I think the pub you refer to might be called the Riverside Hotel.

wilthebeast
17-11-2009, 19:11
I think the pub you refer to might be called the Riverside Hotel.

Think you might be right there missElaineous.;)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS