PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Wild Camper

tattie22
17-11-2009, 16:03
Be gentle with me!:)

I've had a wee read at the wild sites suggested here.

This Friday straight from work (sorry about 4 letter word) I intend to lose my virginity, my first wild camp! Thinking of either up to Braemar and stop either on A93 between Glen Shee and Braemar or heading out Linn of Dee road.

Plan B is up the A9 for the flesh pots of Aviemore with a stop somewhere off A9

We'll be leaving from Dundee and I'm looking for some kind soul to give me the benefit of their knowledge as to what would be best.

I know both areas well having been to both many times in our c***van (sorry about the language again!) but have never been wild in c***van

rach82
17-11-2009, 16:21
Hi

Great spot on the road to the Linn of dee - we stayed here this year with no problems - Braemar is a fantasic little village and there is an outside tap at the public toilets in the village

John H
17-11-2009, 16:30
A couple of years back we stayed at Blair Atholl - in a lay-by in the village and just off the A9 which has a book shop in it - and the woman in the shop came out and asked if we wanted a cup of tea! We accepted the tea, bought a couple of books and stayed two days. You should find lots of opportunities along any of the routes you suggest - happy travels.

Belgian
17-11-2009, 19:08
Hi (Virgin) tattie22
Welcome
This (our) site is a goldmine, have a look at (and dream away)
Perthshire - Wild Camping for Motorhomes (http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/perthshire/)
I'm sure genuine Scots members will go along with you (virgin or not) :eek::D:D:D

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS