PDA

View Full Version : castleton derbyshire new yr

l77 tuf
08-12-2009, 17:36
yes we not heading up scotland now we heading to castleton derbyshire on the 29th dec for 5 days if anyone fancys it wilding at its best

wet
cold
all the thing you stay in a van for with the added peak district humour of casteton pubs so if you want to join us come down or pm us

zeezee16
20-12-2009, 14:14
yes we not heading up scotland now we heading to castleton derbyshire on the 29th dec for 5 days if anyone fancys it wilding at its best

wet
cold
all the thing you stay in a van for with the added peak district humour of casteton pubs so if you want to join us come down or pm us
There seems to be one or two going to the Anglers Rest at Miller Dale for nye, dont you fancy that.
Cheers, Pete

Redsteady
20-12-2009, 17:51
Hi ZeeZee where do you park at millers dale? might bob up cheers...;)

Canalsman
20-12-2009, 21:34
Hi ZeeZee where do you park at millers dale? might bob up cheers...;)

There's a large car park on the opposite side of the road from the pub, next to the river.

It's a very quiet road, and the pub is very welcoming and very happy for motorhomes to overnight ...

Redsteady
21-12-2009, 10:50
;) That sounds like my sort of place cheers for the info Canalman...

channa
21-12-2009, 16:25

wet
cold

If you spot a CI with a GSD as co Pilot possibly me and the hound...normally wild up at Mam tor car park ..or on the treak cavern road

Channa

flashingblade
21-12-2009, 17:14
i've wilded often on top and bottom road near mam tor. be aware of local idiots in a white van who aren't camper friendly.
it might just have been a one off, upset a lovely couple we know.
shame they didn't get their reg.
even worse are the enforced parking bays and pay machines that have spread further up the road towards the bus turn round. shame on you local council. sure it will detract people from visiting castleton or parking locally.

l77 tuf
22-12-2009, 03:58
thats were we park there is another van been showing up over the last couple of months a man/women 04 plate (is that you) we stay in the cavern layby there is no parking restrictions up there and wont be for a long time yet we will be there new yr so if your up knock on my reg is my name on here L77 TUF grey iveco

l77 tuf
30-12-2009, 18:20
on our way in 2 hrs and its been snowing i have just had weather report for castleton

channa
30-12-2009, 19:46
Hit a slight hitch in Doncaster, But all things being equal for keep your eyes peeled New years day...

Channa

l77 tuf
31-12-2009, 10:12
we hit a big problem when coming over last night the sign for road closed was knocked down so we headed up the road its the road from a6 over to mam tor edale/castleton road so we headed up got 3/4 way up there was a bus/car/2 vans all snowed in in middle of the road been there for days so we turned back (with a struggle) due to road being so narrow not easy in a 8mtr long van and road covered in snow and ice but we done it and headed of to dove holes to pick up the cesherfeild rd into castleton and we got down winnets its been gritted so its all safe if anyone come over

boltonlad
04-01-2010, 17:22
Bit delayed, but thanks for the link to the Anglers Rest.

We arrived a bit late (7.30pm) and discovered three other MHs parked on the car park.

Had a great evening by the side of a nice blazing fire in the pub and saw in the new year in style. Only downside was that I fell flat on my backside upon exiting the pub. Nothing to do with the volume of ale consumed, it was the car park being covered in two inches of ice.

Great stop over, and great to meet some new friends.

Heres to the next one!!

l77 tuf
04-01-2010, 17:35
sorry to say that was not us we was a couple of mile up the road in castleton itself with another van we see quite offen hopefully be there this weekened with sledges and kids in toe

boltonlad
06-01-2010, 15:44
LOL
OK, but still had a great time. Met up with five others and saw in the new year in style.
Cheers
David

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS