PDA

View Full Version : Possible Borders Meet

Pages : [1] 2

lenny
24-12-2009, 19:58
Myself and Nowhereman (Ian) have had a chat about organising a meet in the Borders early in the new year;).
Ian had provisionally arranged to meet Jimnlizz here but sadly Jim passed away. We thought we should go ahead with the meet and dedicate It to Jims memory.
Ian is researching the best venue for a "Wild" location but needs to see how many interested parties are anticipated to make this viable.

Hopefully we can drag down some of our Scottish Friends:rolleyes::D

andytheplumber
24-12-2009, 20:07
when are you thinking of?

lenny
24-12-2009, 20:23
when are you thinking of?

We were thinking of a weekend,early January, but I may have to do a Recce on the venue before NYE:rolleyes:;):)

Wee-z
24-12-2009, 20:58
Lenny
Give us a date and we will do our best to be there.

Weez
Tony

lenny
24-12-2009, 21:05
Lenny
Give us a date and we will do our best to be there.

Weez
Tony

Cheers Tony, we knew we could depend on you;), hope to have a date very shortly.

Merry Christmas to you and your Family:)

chesterfield hooligan
25-12-2009, 08:43
:)Hi we would try sounds nice :)
Brian and Marion

flashingblade
25-12-2009, 09:07
hi. we will try our best to get there. it will be fitting since i couldn't get to the funeral. great idea.

Pioneer
25-12-2009, 12:38
We may pop up Lenny, depends on Angies workload. Be good to meet up again with everyone.

Happy Camping:)
Bill.

Apache Two
25-12-2009, 13:05
Hi Lenny
Sound good let me know and i should be able to make any weekend in jan2010.
Be nice to meet some of you ..:confused::D

Brian.

Pioneer
25-12-2009, 16:28
Oy Rick and Aj, sign up for this one, we can do a raid for Malt:D

Wee-z
25-12-2009, 17:10
Did anyone tell you it is Highland Spring
on this Trip? :D:D

weez
Tony

bevdrew
26-12-2009, 11:29
We would be interested too - a chance for us to put faces/vans to names?
How about somewhere in the Galloway Forest (very dark apparently!) - the FC allows campers to use its carparks etc. in this area.
See here for info: http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/recreation.nsf/LUWebDocsByKey/ScotlandDumfriesandGallowayNoForestGallowayForestP ark

Pioneer
26-12-2009, 11:39

weez
Tony

Is that the washing up water:D

Merry Christmas
regards,
Bill and Angie.

maingate
26-12-2009, 11:44
We would be up for it as well. :D

There is only one problem, my morning paper is forecasting heavy snow next week for the South but Arctic temperatures for the North (-18 they said) :eek:

Anybody know how to build an Igloo? :(

BTW the cold weather is forecast to last until February.

nowhereman
26-12-2009, 14:53
Hey guys, the location will hopefully be only 20 miles north of Coldstream. In the hills, one single lane road in, one single road out.
Right next to a river, and surrounded by probably the best example of ancient stunted oaks in this country.
A magical little place that I directed Jim to a few months ago but he missed the entrance and ended up not getting to see this place.
A few phone calls have to be made before I can give a definate yes to this location.
Hope to get in touch with someone there soon to confirm that it is ok for a few vans to spend a couple of nights.
Tis just out of respect to the tiny local community that I am not putting a name to the place as yet until it is fine with them. The weather will be an important factor in getting to this place, maybe if we cant do jan we can do the feb hollidays instead.

phantom flyer
27-12-2009, 00:34
We would be very interested.

derekfaeberwick
27-12-2009, 17:23
Oy Rick and Aj, sign up for this one, we can do a raid for Malt:D

weez
Tony

Here's the closest one.;)

Glenkinchie Distillery, Scotland (http://www.discovertheborders.co.uk/places/106.html)

I'm up for a Borders meet as well but I've only got an Irish malt and no Highland Spring.

nowhereman
29-12-2009, 10:50
Finally have permission for a meet at a lovley secluded village in the lammemuir hills.
The location is called Abbey st Bathans. Hardstanding area next to the river Whiteadder, a short walk to the only bronze age broch so far south.
The parking area is for patrons of a small licensed restaraunt(The Riverside Restaraunt) run by a lovely woman called Kareen.
I have explained that motorhomes will be there from fri till sun.
The weather is really bad there just now and it may be more sensible to have this meet in Feb.
Kareen has been very helpfull and if we can indicate how many people are going to be there, she will organise food for those that wish, such as local venison stew.
Although the restaraunt is licensed, Kareen is happy to allow our own drinks to be brought in if we want.
This place is probably the most quaint and unique setting for a meet that I can think of.
Now all we have to do is agree on a suitable date for the meet.:)

Wee-z
29-12-2009, 11:20
Nowhereman

that looks a great meet point

passed it a few times but never got there

as you say it depends on weather at moment.
(Snowing at Edinburgh at the moment)

lets hear some dates from the others

weez
Tony

nowhereman
29-12-2009, 11:29
Nowhereman

that looks a great meet point

passed it a few times but never got there

as you say it depends on weather at moment.
(Snowing at Edinburgh at the moment)

lets hear some dates from the others

weez
Tony

Hey Tony, this place is very unusual. I lived there when I was 18, whilst working on the Torness power station. Lived there briefly in my thirties also. Pay a visit next time you pass, you wont be dissapointed.:)

nowhereman
29-12-2009, 15:52
Have just remembered this is still shooting season. Quite a few shooters meet in the Riverside parking area at weekends.
The shooting season ends on the 1st of Feb.
Therefore I suggest any time after that date.:)

Hezbez
29-12-2009, 20:17
nowhereman - we are pretty new to this and we've not been to a 'wildcamp meet' yet.
If there is space for us we would be interested in attending.

The weekend of 12 February would be good for us :)

Regards

lenny
29-12-2009, 20:52
Finally have permission for a meet at a lovley secluded village in the lammemuir hills.
The location is called Abbey st Bathans. Hardstanding area next to the river Whiteadder, a short walk to the only bronze age broch so far south.
The parking area is for patrons of a small licensed restaraunt(The Riverside Restaraunt) run by a lovely woman called Kareen.
I have explained that motorhomes will be there from fri till sun.
The weather is really bad there just now and it may be more sensible to have this meet in Feb.
Kareen has been very helpfull and if we can indicate how many people are going to be there, she will organise food for those that wish, such as local venison stew. Although the restaraunt is licensed, Kareen is happy to allow our own drinks to be brought in if we want.
This place is probably the most quaint and unique setting for a meet that I can think of.
Now all we have to do is agree on a suitable date for the meet.:)

Local Venison Stew:eek:, Would,nt that be "Too Deer" for us poor folk Ian:rolleyes::D:cool:

nowhereman
29-12-2009, 21:05
Local Venison Stew:eek:, Would,nt that be "Too Deer" for us poor folk Ian:rolleyes::D:cool:

Aye Lenny, thats why I will be outside watching you guys through the window whilst eating my saveloy sandwitch. :D

marzy
30-12-2009, 06:49
Lenny
Fancy this borders meet depending on dates and if my gear box is not in bits!
Be nice to meet faces.

wints
30-12-2009, 17:46
We can't make this meet, as much as we'd like to see some of you lot again, we're going to Spain. But only for 10 weeks ! We'll be back early April.

Attached is a photo from the last meet we attended, at Hayfield.

View from the top of Kinder Scout (I think).

Best Wishes for the New Year.

Allen & Eileen

Wee-z
31-12-2009, 17:07
Bump!

Any other dates suitable?

weez
Tony

busydaffodil
31-12-2009, 17:41
Hi, do you have a postcode or something, so Ic can work out the distance. I work until midday on a Sat so cannot really do an 8 hour commute after work.

However, would love to come!!! It will be our first wildcamping adventure.

nowhereman
01-01-2010, 10:26
Bump!

Any other dates suitable?

weez
Tony

12th is ok with us so far.:)

michaellinda
01-01-2010, 14:02
We will try depends on the date.

Wee-z
01-01-2010, 16:15
Nowhereman

Let's set this up for Feb 12th.

That is near enough the anniversary of the first Glentress meet which is where we first met Jimnlizz.

We will definitely make that weekend and probably a few of the original members will make it too.

Hopefully weather will have eased up by then.

weez
Tony and all the other weezes

phantom flyer
01-01-2010, 20:00
12th Feb looks good for me.

nowhereman
02-01-2010, 14:54
Yesterday we stubbornly tried to visit a few friends around this area hoping to spend a few nights. No chance, the closest we got was having to be towed out of the Hirsel Estate at Coldstream.
Absolutley nowhere to park up as the snow was built high along the A roads.
Managed to drive to Berwick, the snow there was minimal. Spent the night on an industrial estate:)
Needless to say not what we planned, and have now returned home tails between legs.
A1 is fine from Newcastle to Berwick. As is the A69 Newcastle to Carlisle. Passed many motorhomes on the 69, hope they have better luck.:o

Pioneer
02-01-2010, 15:09
We can't make this meet, as much as we'd like to see some of you lot again, we're going to Spain. But only for 10 weeks ! We'll be back early April.

Attached is a photo from the last meet we attended, at Hayfield.

View from the top of Kinder Scout (I think).

Best Wishes for the New Year.

Allen & Eileen

Great photo Allen, and best wishes to both of you.
Enjoy your trip.
regards,
Angie and Bill.

Pioneer
02-01-2010, 15:21
Forgot to ask, how much room have we got on the car park? lots of people interested in this one Nowhereman, but can we all fit in:eek:
The Venison Stew, does that come with CHIPS:D

bodgerndog
02-01-2010, 18:12
Would love to make it to this and meet all you lovely people at last. 12th sounds good at this moment. H

Wee-z
02-01-2010, 19:38
Good question Pioneer

Nowhereman any ideas for this?

I am sure we could have an over flow for a night

weez
Tony

derekfaeberwick
02-01-2010, 20:11
Yesterday we stubbornly tried to visit a few friends around this area hoping to spend a few nights. No chance, the closest we got was having to be towed out of the Hirsel Estate at Coldstream.
Managed to drive to Berwick, the snow there was minimal. Spent the night on an industrial estate:)
Needless to say not what we planned, and have now returned home tails between legs.
A1 is fine from Newcastle to Berwick. As is the A69 Newcastle to Carlisle. Passed many motorhomes on the 69, hope they have better luck.:o

Wish you'd said,you could have parked beside me and had a lovely day[late start tomorrow though] with my friends in Berwick.

Ne'er mind, hopefully meet you at St. Bathans.

Coldstream in better weather.

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq168/derekfaeberwick/Bike%20ride%20Lochaline/IMG_3271.jpg

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq168/derekfaeberwick/Bike%20ride%20Lochaline/IMG_3246.jpg

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq168/derekfaeberwick/Coldstream%20Civic%20Week/IMG_3270.jpg

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq168/derekfaeberwick/Coldstream%20Civic%20Week/IMG_3265.jpg

Pioneer
03-01-2010, 09:52
Great pics Derek, brings back a few memories from last summers trip, and the Bessom pub was interesting for me, having been with the Coldstreams in Germany for a short while, lots of memorabilia on the walls.
Good small museum in the town as well, and don't the town folk just love the Regiment.
All in all a great place to visit.

derekfaeberwick
03-01-2010, 10:12
Great pics Derek, brings back a few memories from last summers trip, and the Bessom pub was interesting for me, having been with the Coldstreams in Germany for a short while, lots of memorabilia on the walls.
Good small museum in the town as well, and don't the town folk just love the Regiment.
All in all a great place to visit.

Yu'll like this then. Coldstream Guards to re-enact historic 'Long March' to London - Berwick Today (http://www.berwick-advertiser.co.uk/news/Coldstream-Guards-to-reenact-historic.5946168.jp)

nowhereman
03-01-2010, 10:14
Thanks for the offer Derek, a friend said we could park up at his recording studio on the industrial estate.
Coincidence that photos of Coldstream have been posted on this thread, as this is the plan b site if Abbey st Bathans falls through, or a very high number of vans turn up.
Bill, good point, going by memory I would say 8 vans comfortably in the car park. Today I have to make more phone calls to confirm things. Also I will try and get to Abbey st Bathans soon to double check access and parking.
A definate indication as to how many vans and people are likley to turn up is needed as soon as possible, just incase other plans have to be made.
Thanks.

derekfaeberwick
03-01-2010, 10:20
Put me and Wee Burnip down, the Coldstream 'site' is officially closed now but it is still used as a wild site quite a bit during summer.

The pics were taken during the Civic week when the site is opened for the duration, Portabogs and stand pipes are supplied for a small fee.

nowhereman
03-01-2010, 10:26
Put me and Wee Burnip down, the Coldstream 'site' is officially closed now but it is still used as a wild site quite a bit during summer.

The pics were taken during the Civic week when the site is opened for the duration, Portabogs and stand pipes are supplied for a small fee.

Aye Derek, we had a goldsmith workshop at the Hirsel for about 5 years before we hit the road fulltiming.
Thought it would still be ok to turn up at the old camp site if necessary.
Thanks for confirming Derek.

phantom flyer
03-01-2010, 11:36
Put us down for attending please. Looking forward to it.

Wee-z
03-01-2010, 12:02
WE Weezes will certainly be there,
weather permiting etc.

weez
Tony

Hezbez
03-01-2010, 12:55
We would like to come, however I appreciate numbers are limited and that this meet is intended partly as a 'memorial' to one of your friends.
We would not want to take up a space over a 'regular'.

So if there is space for us, please put our name down. If not, no problem, maybe next time!

andytheplumber
03-01-2010, 14:56
better put us down for a pitch too,thanks
trish/andy

lenny
03-01-2010, 19:00
Yu'll like this then. Coldstream Guards to re-enact historic 'Long March' to London - Berwick Today (http://www.berwick-advertiser.co.uk/news/Coldstream-Guards-to-reenact-historic.5946168.jp)

Great to read this link Derek, I will be monitoring their progress throughout;), may even pop out to meet them and offer support:rolleyes::)

lenny
03-01-2010, 19:24

Sorry to read you did,nt get there Ian, I had a feeling thats where you were headed:rolleyes:;), Do you think you would have made It with the help of fitted snow chains?

Count me in for any meet in that area on any date in February, I cant wait:)

nowhereman
03-01-2010, 19:46
Sorry to read you did,nt get there Ian, I had a feeling thats where you were headed:rolleyes:;), Do you think you would have made It with the help of fitted snow chains?

Count me in for any meet in that area on any date in February, I cant wait:)

No, not even with a fitted snow plough:)

derekfaeberwick
03-01-2010, 19:53
Great to read this link Derek, I will be monitoring their progress throughout;), may even pop out to meet them and offer support:rolleyes::)

I was speaking to 2 bandsmen in a pub in Coldstream a while back who were up organising the march.

Good guys, everyone in the pub was interested in the march.

Pioneer
04-01-2010, 16:31
Can't wait for this meet, even Angie is planning holidays from work to attend:D The christmas meet did her good, thoroughly enjoyed herself, and thanks to all for that, even Aj, must have been his NYE snog:eek:

Wee-z
06-01-2010, 09:27
Hi folks

Anymore definites for this meet?

give nowhereman an idea of numbers.

weez
Tony

Pioneer
06-01-2010, 17:42
Hi folks

Anymore definites for this meet?

give nowhereman an idea of numbers.

weez
Tony

Count us in. Can't wait, sick of this snow now, just can't get out unless on foot. Will be travelling up on the thursday, stay untill sunday, then Ribblehead on the way down:D

Bill.

Wee-z
06-01-2010, 17:54
Thanks Bill

Anyone else definite

weez
Tony

andytheplumber
06-01-2010, 18:20
we are definate,schools are off up here.

Wee-z
06-01-2010, 18:31
pioneer
Andytheplumber
weez
lenny
nowhereman
derekfaeberwick
PHANTOM FLYER
hezbez

phantom flyer
06-01-2010, 19:43
We are definate.

ajs
06-01-2010, 20:30
Can't wait for this meet, even Angie is planning holidays from work to attend:D The christmas meet did her good, thoroughly enjoyed herself, and thanks to all for that, even Aj, must have been his NYE snog:eek:

Happy Camping

look... if there's 1/2 a chance of another opportunity to
put a smile on her face i may well be up fer it :D:D

just been looking on here for maps, google earth references, addresses garmin mapsource pics:confused:

.... naffall :eek:.. so where is it then :confused::confused:

isit the 21st feb :confused:

regards:rolleyes:
aj

derekfaeberwick
06-01-2010, 22:16
look... if there's 1/2 a chance of another opportunity to
put a smile on her face i may well be up fer it :D:D

just been looking on here for maps, google earth references, addresses garmin mapsource pics:confused:

.... naffall :eek:.. so where is it then :confused::confused:

isit the 21st feb :confused:

aj

Abbey Saint Bathans, The Scottish Borders, United Kingdom - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=Abbey+Saint+Bathans,+The+Scottish+Borders,+Unite d+Kingdom&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=FQs_VAMdL4_b_w&split=0&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=6.881357,14.941406&hq=&hnear=Abbey+Saint+Bathans,+The+Scottish+Borders,+U nited+Kingdom&ll=55.852811,-2.388177&spn=0.0086,0.01929&t=h&z=16)
UHHHH, Derr!;) 12th untill Valentines dayhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-144.gif

Pay attention at the back of the class!

lenny
06-01-2010, 22:24
Pick the bones out of this one Aj:p

Print: Map of Abbey Saint Bathans, Duns, Berwickshire, Scotland, TD11 3 (http://www.multimap.com/maps/print/?qs=abbey%20st%20bathans&countryCode=GB&lat=55.85258&lon=-2.38747&zoomFactor=13&loc_lat=55.85269&loc_lon=-2.38798&dataPreferences=os&displayName=Abbey%20Saint%20Bathans,%20Duns,%20Ber wickshire,%20Scotland,%20TD11%203)

The way you drive, you should do It in just over an hour:eek::rolleyes::D

derekfaeberwick
06-01-2010, 22:40

Print: Map of Abbey Saint Bathans, Duns, Berwickshire, Scotland, TD11 3 (http://www.multimap.com/maps/print/?qs=abbey%20st%20bathans&countryCode=GB&lat=55.85258&lon=-2.38747&zoomFactor=13&loc_lat=55.85269&loc_lon=-2.38798&dataPreferences=os&displayName=Abbey%20Saint%20Bathans,%20Duns,%20Ber wickshire,%20Scotland,%20TD11%203)

The way you drive, you should do It in just over an hour:eek::rolleyes::D

You sure he's still allowed to? http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0024.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-msn-smileys.php):eek:

ajs
07-01-2010, 00:09

The way you drive, you should do It in just over an hour

nehhh aint goin there:rolleyes:... there's a place called china bank wood near by:eek:...
never know who yer going te bump into ffs :eek::eek::eek::eek:

aj

flashingblade
11-01-2010, 19:02
hi guys. sorry, we won't be able to make it. we are setting off to get wed on the 13th. sure we will catch up again.
although we will be mostly pre-occupied, on the sat eve, we will look up to the same moon and raise a glass to jimm. our thoughts will be the same as yours and im sure he will be smiling down at us.

channa
11-01-2010, 19:41
I would love to come, and put a few faces to names, However at this point I am not in a position to committ beyond the day after tommorrow.

I am sure you will all have fun though

Channa

maingate
11-01-2010, 22:35
Hi nowhereman,

If you are not oversubscribed, we will turn up. I realise there is some special significance to this meet and others will have more reason to attend. I do not mind short notice as we will be off somewhere in the van shortly. If not at your meet then somewhere else.

BTW where is my pm. Do you not want to flog any of those tinplate thingies?

nowhereman
12-01-2010, 08:16
hi guys. sorry, we won't be able to make it. we are setting off to get wed on the 13th. sure we will catch up again.
although we will be mostly pre-occupied, on the sat eve, we will look up to the same moon and raise a glass to jimm. our thoughts will be the same as yours and im sure he will be smiling down at us.

Haway Geof, think about it, tis not a difficult choice, getting married or a couple of nights in our drunken company.
Glad youve thought about it again mate, see you on the 12th;):D

nowhereman
12-01-2010, 08:35
Hi nowhereman,

If you are not oversubscribed, we will turn up. I realise there is some special significance to this meet and others will have more reason to attend. I do not mind short notice as we will be off somewhere in the van shortly. If not at your meet then somewhere else.

BTW where is my pm. Do you not want to flog any of those tinplate thingies?

Dont like the idea of having to cap how many vans can turn up.
Hopefully I can get up there this weekend and sort things out regarding extra parking. I do know due to a recent phone call that the father of the land owner just died on the 1st jan. Therefore it has not been appropriate to make further phone calls regarding the meet.
If weather is ok this weekend I should be able to get up there personally and put on my bestest Geordie accent and do some sweet talking. If that doesnt work then an alternate site will have to be sorted.

As for the tinplate badge, im sure an affluent blokey like yersel will be wanting one made in 18ct.;):)

maingate
12-01-2010, 11:22
I did not know that tin was graded in carats. All my gold and Diamonds are. :p

There might be a change of plan as we got a schedule for the Scottish Pug Club show this morning. It is held at Haddington on Feb 14th.

If you are overbooked, we will wild somewhere near and pop in for a couple of hours on the Saturday to meet you all. As we can only stay one night, it seems unfair to take a spot up if somebody else wants it. We are easy either way so do not feel obliged to fit us in. There will be plenty of wilding spots not too far away.

BTW I will go for the Silver one after all. My accountant does not want me appearing on this years rich list.:rolleyes:

nowhereman
12-01-2010, 13:41
I did not know that tin was graded in carats. All my gold and Diamonds are. :p

BTW I will go for the Silver one after all. My accountant does not want me appearing on this years rich list.:rolleyes:

Okie doke, will have one made for you by the time of the meet.:)

ajs
12-01-2010, 15:39
Okie doke, will have one made for you by the time of the meet.:)

make it out of bone.:cool:.. to keep his dogs interested :rolleyes:

poor old smugger is gettin onabit now:rolleyes:
..twill save him having to chase after them to round them up:D

regards:eek:
aj

bevdrew
17-01-2010, 13:22
No mention of mine so must be in the clear:D
Hopefully let you know what bevdrews Dalwhinne is like from the Borders meet;)

regards,
Bill.

Sorry Bill, don't think we'll make the Borders meet - trying to arrange a trip to Thetford Forest (Yep, Norfolk!) for first 1/2 of wee grandson's 1/2 term week. That's as close to his home in Dagenham as we dare venture!

Anyway - thought parking space was very limited at the Borders meet?

Bev

nowhereman
18-01-2010, 17:31
The snow was to bad around Abbey st Bathans to get there at the weekend.
I was going to try and sort everything in person regarding parking etc, and get permission from the land owner to arange overflow parking.
Got back home a bit frustrated at not getting things sorted.
Today I sent in the big guns and got the missus to do it by phone. Im pleased to say tis all sorted, we are most welcome and parking will not be a problem.
No need to restrict the amount of vans:)
Ok starting to look forward to it now, sex and drugs and sausage rolls:D:cool:

ajs
18-01-2010, 18:17
:)
Ok starting to look forward to it now, sex and drugs and sausage rolls:D:cool:

:rolleyes: now yer talkin... (except sausage rolles... i'm on a diet) :o
when is this again :D:D:D

regards ;)
aj

nowhereman
18-01-2010, 18:27
:rolleyes: now yer talkin... (except sausage rolles... i'm on a diet) :o
when is this again :D:D:D

regards ;)
aj

Not sure i'd advise this one fer ya AJ, you would never recover in time for the following weekends meet that youve got.:p;)

ajs
18-01-2010, 18:43
Not sure i'd advise this one fer ya AJ, you would never recover in time for the following weekends meet that youve got.:p;)

:confused::confused::confused::confused:....can't see any drinkers amongs you lot...:rolleyes::p

regards :D
aj

nowhereman
18-01-2010, 19:22
:confused::confused::confused::confused:....can't see any drinkers amongs you lot...:rolleyes::p

aj

That all depends on whether or not Lenny is bringing the Shields lads along. :D

lenny
18-01-2010, 19:37
That all depends on whether or not Lenny is bringing the Shields lads along. :D

:DNot sure who I,ll be bringing along just yet, but even if I brought wor lass along ,she would drink them suvverners under the table:eek::D.

She,s spilt more drink on her pinny:p:cool:

Pioneer
18-01-2010, 19:58

aj

Yer blind mon! that's why you keep crossing the white lines:D:p
R u cumin or what:confused:

regards,
Bill.

maingate
18-01-2010, 20:07
If there will be vans there from Thursday night then we might do the Thurs/Fri nights and head up to Haddington on Saturday afternoon.

Lenny,

We will have the pup so keep that dog of yours on a tight leash. We don`t want him traumatised at his tender age. :eek:

nowhereman
18-01-2010, 21:20
:DNot sure who I,ll be bringing along just yet, but even if I brought wor lass along ,she would drink them suvverners under the table:eek::D.

She,s spilt more drink on her pinny:p:cool:

Think that one was enough for AJ to pick his gauntlet back up and curl himself into the fetal position.:D

ajs
18-01-2010, 22:23
Originally Posted by lenny http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/wild-camping-meets-gatherings/8164-possible-borders-meet-post83818.html#post83818)
Not sure who I,ll be bringing along just yet, but even if I brought wor lass along ,she would drink them suvverners under the table

She,s spilt more drink on her pinny:p

Think that one was enough for AJ to pick his gauntlet back up and curl himself into the fetal position.

no fear here.:D

. all you lot can manage is a whiff of the barmaids apron before passin out...:eek:
cheep watery beer and yer fine.:cool:
.. sophisticated wiksey and yer all at sea :p.. bottle of fine wine and yer comatosed :D

regards ;)
aj

heathens the lot on yer... all whippits and cloth caps :D.. wtf yer all goin te do when yer get lectrickery...:eek:...btw.. and when yer get the gas... it's fer sniffin OK..

Pioneer
20-01-2010, 18:20
Looks like a lot of interest in the meet, hope the weather is good to us.
Anyone got a postcode for the sat nav?
Cheers,
Bill.

nowhereman
20-01-2010, 18:37
Looks like a lot of interest in the meet, hope the weather is good to us.
Anyone got a postcode for the sat nav?
Cheers,
Bill.

Whats a sat nav?, i've just got wor lass with a map, fat nav;):D

derekfaeberwick
20-01-2010, 21:39
Whats a sat nav?, i've just got wor lass with a map, fat nav;):D

That'll be you missing the meet then.:rolleyes:

phantom flyer
20-01-2010, 22:27
HWMBO has asked about water. Travel with full tank or anywhere near to fill up? Have found co-ordinates if thats any use.

Cheers

Pete

nowhereman
21-01-2010, 07:12
That'll be you missing the meet then.:rolleyes:

Cringe,:o did I really say that last night, was a bit of a party here and the sniff of the barmaids apron made me put my cheeky head on;)
Whats it worth not to tell wor lass Derek, I dont fancy a kicking;):)

nowhereman
21-01-2010, 07:16
HWMBO has asked about water. Travel with full tank or anywhere near to fill up? Have found co-ordinates if thats any use.

Cheers

Pete

A water tap is being made available, possibly a couple of toilets also:)

derekfaeberwick
22-01-2010, 08:51
We will have the pup so keep that dog of yours on a tight leash. We don`t want him traumatised at his tender age. :eek:

You mean http://www.world-of-smilies.com/wos_tiere/dog.gif (http://www.World-of-Smilies.com):eek:?

maingate
22-01-2010, 11:15
We have decided to keep the pup as he is turning out nice. I was only joking about Jack. :D

The pup will have his gang of Whippets for security so he will be alright. :cool:

Anyway, I doubt that Jack would stoop so low. :rolleyes:

Pioneer
22-01-2010, 20:34
Any update on the weather in the area of the meet, looks a little rough at the moment down the eastern side, but a couple of weeks hence and could be in full sun:D wishfull thinking.;)

Cheers,
Bill.

nowhereman
22-01-2010, 20:46
Any update on the weather in the area of the meet, looks a little rough at the moment down the eastern side, but a couple of weeks hence and could be in full sun:D wishfull thinking.;)

Cheers,
Bill.

Still a lot of compacted ice in the area that we will be parking. This will be gone by Feb if weather stays as it is. Either way I suppose chances of good weather in Feb will be slim. The way I see it is if all goes well, cant see why this location cant be used for a summer meet. :cool:
Even if it is freezing cold you will still find us out sitting by the river late at night with a laced coffee enjoying the shooting stars and owl calls.:)

ajs
22-01-2010, 20:52
Even if it is freezing cold you will still find us out sitting by the river late at night with a laced coffee enjoying the shooting stars and owl calls.:)

goodgrief.. that sounds exciting :eek:...

what.. no dancing girls... no barbie... no wiksey tasting :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

i aint cummin :D:p

regards :rolleyes:
aj

lenny
22-01-2010, 21:10

what.. no dancing girls... no barbie... no wiksey tasting

i aint cummin :D

aj

Didnt think this would be your cup-o-tea Aj:rolleyes:, you see, up in these parts, us Geordies and Jocks are an ellequent breed of folk:o;) ,we dont have to be steeped in whiskey to have a good time.:cool:

The best things in life are Free;):D

ajs
22-01-2010, 21:14
Didnt think this would be your cup-o-tea Aj, you see, up in these parts, us Geordies and Jocks are an ellequent breed of folk:o ,we dont have to be steeped in whiskey to have a good time.:cool:

The best things in life are Free;)

:confused: yes... so i understand by looking at the size of your family...:eek::eek::eek::eek:

regards :p:D
aj

nowhereman
22-01-2010, 21:35

what.. no dancing girls... no barbie... no wiksey tasting :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

i aint cummin :D:p

aj

Tis right what Lenny says, sitting by that river late at night in that magical place with ancient oaks, under the stars, no one else around and an otter bounding through the water in the dark right next to your feet is all the entertainment i'm looking for.:)

maingate
22-01-2010, 21:38
Me Whippets like the idea of Otters. :D

Another one to hang on the Totem Pole. ;)

nowhereman
22-01-2010, 21:41
Me Whippets like the idea of Otters. :D

Another one to hang on the Totem Pole. ;)

My bow likes the idea of your Whippets;):D

ajs
22-01-2010, 22:03
Tis right what Lenny says, sitting by that river late at night
in that magical place with ancient oaks, under the stars, no one else around and an otter
bounding through the water in the dark right next to your feet is
all the entertainment i'm looking for.:)

yer makin me cry... :o

:rolleyes:

regards :confused:
:D aj

maingate
22-01-2010, 22:08
My RPG7 likes the idea of your van.

nowhereman
22-01-2010, 22:14

Tis gonna be some meet this one:D

ajs
22-01-2010, 22:18
Originally Posted by nowhereman http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/wild-camping-meets-gatherings/8164-possible-borders-meet-post84486.html#post84486)

friggin norvvern ooligans :o:rolleyes:

my handbag is biggerer than yours :eek:

aj

maingate
22-01-2010, 22:19
Please give in as I do not want to hitch the multiple rocket launcher on the back of the van.

It ruins my MPG. :rolleyes:

nowhereman
22-01-2010, 22:21
Please give in as I do not want to hitch the multiple rocket launcher on the back of the van.

It ruins my MPG. :rolleyes:

Thats it i'm telling wor lass

derekfaeberwick
23-01-2010, 10:16
friggin norvvern ooligans :o:rolleyes:

my handbag is biggerer than yours :eek:

aj

http://www.world-of-smilies.com/wos_armee/wos_armee_1190.gif (http://www.World-of-Smilies.com)http://www.world-of-smilies.com/wos_tiere/hund.gif (http://www.World-of-Smilies.com)http://www.world-of-smilies.com/wos_auto/auto2.gif (http://www.World-of-Smilies.com)http://www.world-of-smilies.com/wos_armee/wos_armee_078.gif (http://www.World-of-Smilies.com)

Looks like a good meet?:eek:

nowhereman
24-01-2010, 18:23
Haway AJ, have a change of mind.

You are being a bit selfish not coming to the meet.

Now who are us Northeners going to use as a focal point for our derision:confused::rolleyes:

Thought you would be well up to the job of whipping boy.:D:D:p

lenny
24-01-2010, 19:12

Now who are us Northeners going to use as a focal point for our derision:confused::rolleyes:

Nice try Ian but I can,t see Old Tubby:eek: tramping up here for a weekend:(,maybe he could pop up on his Bluebird thingy:rolleyes: to give It a run out and I,m sure we could knock up some kind of shelter for him to kip in the woods.

nowhereman
24-01-2010, 19:26
Nice try Ian but I can,t see Old Tubby:eek: tramping up here for a weekend:(,maybe he could pop up on his Bluebird thingy:rolleyes: to give It a run out and I,m sure we could knock up some kind of shelter for him to kip in the woods.

Not sure Aj would appreciate a night in the woods,;) although you would think he would have a bit of an affinity with the ancient oaks, considering he was around when they were saplings.:D

maingate
24-01-2010, 20:13
We will be bringing the Extra Terrestrial with us.

He looks a lot like AJ so it will be the next best thing. :D

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv254/jwd106/000_0518.jpg

nowhereman
24-01-2010, 20:47
Nice looking pup, but I think you need to stop it from chasing parked cars:D

Pioneer
24-01-2010, 21:08

Thinks, me being the furthest south, if Aj fails to come to the meet am I going to be the whipping boy:eek:
Come on Aj get your MH in gear, it's been still long enough:p and I am not into whips:D unlike you leather clad biker thingies:D

regards,
Bill.

nowhereman
24-01-2010, 21:33
Thinks, me being the furthest south, if Aj fails to come to the meet am I going to be the whipping boy:eek:
Come on Aj get your MH in gear, it's been still long enough:p and I am not into whips:D unlike you leather clad biker thingies:D

regards,
Bill.

I've a funny feeling you would easily give as good as you got Bill;):)

Pioneer
24-01-2010, 21:42
Yep, but feel like Aj's apprentice when in his company:D He's a cracking lad really, bloody eck what am I saying, he will be along to take advantage of the comments later;)

regards,
Bill.

ajs
24-01-2010, 21:45
.:mad:

youbunchofpithtakinnastids...:mad:

i'll see....:rolleyes:

btw...

i've got an easter ride out over hawes and alston planned.. i'll be parked up just north of settle for that 1.

aj

Ohhh styonrear.... get accustomed to the whip lad
... get angiflangie to give you a seein too now and again... just in case i can't make it.:p:rolleyes:

nowhereman
24-01-2010, 21:57

btw...

i've got an easter ride out over hawes and alston planned.. i'll be parked up just north of settle for that 1.

aj

... get angiflangie to give you a seein too now and again... just in case i can't make it.:p:rolleyes:

If you make it to Alston be sure to call in to our place, I only drink Jack Daniels but im sure I can get some of the other stuff in fer ya if want a snifta.:)

ajs
24-01-2010, 22:27
If you make it to Alston be sure to call in to our place, I only drink Jack Daniels but im sure I can get some of the other stuff in fer ya if want a snifta.:)

when on the bike and or driving... tea and coffee only:eek:... i'm a good boy :rolleyes:

aj

details later.. but we will be congregating at that cafe place on the 686 ridge overlooking penrith and the lakes:o

nowhereman
24-01-2010, 22:38
when on the bike and or driving... tea and coffee only:eek:... i'm a good boy :rolleyes:

aj

details later.. but we will be congregating at that cafe place on the 686 ridge overlooking penrith and the lakes:o

Thats fine tea n coffee it is, just drove past the cafe at Hartside pass today, the snow was level with the top of the van in places but the road was fine. A couple of bikes out already.:)

channa
24-01-2010, 22:42

btw...

aj

On the basis I cant suffer another countdown to my licence back moment ( ignoring your stupidity), be aware A65 has white lines (yup white lines it seems ol bill caught a chap that can paint in a reasonably straight line ) , speed limits and plenty of traps to trap middle aged numpties on motorbikes, including Scooby doobie imprezas and the occasional helicopter.

Friendlyish insults aside be careful around Devils Bridge up towards the M6..the ol bill are well in abundance between the M6 and Skipton.

Of course I know **** all, I only used the road regularly and am / are a motorbiking chappy

Channa

ajs
25-01-2010, 09:28

ohh well.. cant remember ever saying i would be using the A65:rolleyes:
.. but only to be expected.. he's a friggin expert on white lines now ffs:eek:

retards :(
aj

channa
25-01-2010, 14:12

ohh well.. cant remember ever saying i would be using the A65:rolleyes:
.. but only to be expected.. he's a friggin expert on white lines now ffs:eek:

retards :(
aj

I appreciate you taking the post in the spirit intended.:rolleyes:

Channa

nowhereman
01-02-2010, 13:34
As you guys know, I did indicate to the riverside restaraunt that we would make the effort to have some food there. I did not feel comfortable asking to use the place as a wildcamp meet without offering a little back in return.

Can you guys have a quick look at the meals below and give me an idea of what you would like for Saturday evening.:)

Beef in Beer.

Stalkers Pie, (Venison and Beef).

Homemade Burger and chips. (I'm told that this is a very popular choice and well recieved by the walkers of the Southern Uppland Way)

Venison casserole, Aye Bill it does come with chips.:rolleyes:

as it is a quiet time of year for her it would help if you can let me know your choice so that Karen can have the right ingredients in stock.

Ta.
Think i,m goin fer the burger;):)
Forgot to say the prices are not bad, the meals above are all around 9 quid.

Pioneer
01-02-2010, 16:14
Couple of Venison Casseroles for us, with CHIPS of course:D
Never eaten Venison in my life, so can't wait:cool:
But not fussed if the lady does a one off meal for all to save her time, as long as it comes with CHIPS;) Must be a Northern thing:rolleyes:

regards,
Bill.

maingate
01-02-2010, 17:47
Hi Ian,

We will be in Haddington by Saturday night but will have a meal on the Thursday or Friday night, or even both. :)

I am assuming they do meals all week. Burger and chips will do nicely. :D

nowhereman
01-02-2010, 20:58
Must be a Northern thing:rolleyes:

regards,
Bill.

Is that you trying to pass yourself off as a northerner already Bill,:rolleyes: thought you had offered yersel as the token suvvener for the meet;):D

ajs
01-02-2010, 21:09
Is that you trying to pass yourself off as a northerner already Bill,:rolleyes: thought you had offered yersel as the token suvvener for the meet;):D

mowhairvan... he's from wiggin... defo one of you lot...honest:eek:
he walks just the same too :rolleyes:

he just like bein sacrificial... submissive ....and walkin around in chains and leather etc etc :eek:

aj

be gentile with him...:p

Pioneer
02-02-2010, 07:41

Just not into whips:D;) or leather biker thingies:p but do like mi chips, is that norven enough:D

BTW HID says to order something other than Venison, because it's quite strong? must admit seeing them in the local parks, puts me off a bit, bit like seeing the spring lambs, and there's thousands of the little beggars around here.
Better let you know later, before ordering.

Cheers,
Bill.

phantom flyer
03-02-2010, 19:51
As you guys know, I did indicate to the riverside restaraunt that we would make the effort to have some food there. I did not feel comfortable asking to use the place as a wildcamp meet without offering a little back in return.

Can you guys have a quick look at the meals below and give me an idea of what you would like for Saturday evening.:)

Beef in Beer.

Stalkers Pie, (Venison and Beef).

Homemade Burger and chips. (I'm told that this is a very popular choice and well recieved by the walkers of the Southern Uppland Way)

Venison casserole, Aye Bill it does come with chips.:rolleyes:

as it is a quiet time of year for her it would help if you can let me know your choice so that Karen can have the right ingredients in stock.

Ta.
Think i,m goin fer the burger;):)
Forgot to say the prices are not bad, the meals above are all around 9 quid.

Burger for me and HWMBO. See you there.

Pete

Wee-z
04-02-2010, 13:33
Assuming we are not planning on eating to late (i.e. past the small peoples bedtime) I reckon we would be 2 burgers, 2 venison casserole and 1 beef in beer. :)

Any chance of a special request of plain pasta for my elder (I will supply food for the youngest!!)

p.s. you are all southerners!! :D

Thanks
Wee-z
Adele

nowhereman
04-02-2010, 16:12
Assuming we are not planning on eating to late (i.e. past the small peoples bedtime) I reckon we would be 2 burgers, 2 venison casserole and 1 beef in beer. :)

Any chance of a special request of plain pasta for my elder (I will supply food for the youngest!!)

p.s. you are all southerners!! :D

Thanks
Wee-z
Adele

Och, a thought it wid hae been mince tatties n scurly all roond.;):rolleyes:

Pioneer
04-02-2010, 19:43
It as been decided by HID that she will have the Beef in Beer with rice if possible, she is a suvener!
And me being a Norvener living souf of the M56 and wanting to feel like a true Norvener wiv Kilt, will try the Venison Casserole with CHIPS:D:cool:
Final answer:rolleyes:

This will be harder for you than organising the meet:p

Any weather update for the area appreciated.

regards,
Bill.

maingate
04-02-2010, 21:26
After watching Rab C Nesbitt this evening, I am having second thoughts about attending this meet.

If I do come, I must insist on the Scots having a good shave beforehand. I do not want a rash from their bristles. :D

And no tongues either. :eek:

nowhereman
04-02-2010, 21:40
Dont mind the bristles so much but I do have an allergy to Woad, can I ask the guys from North of the border to please refrain from painting their faces blue. :p

ajs
04-02-2010, 23:15
After watching Rab C Nesbitt this evening, I am having second thoughts about attending this meet.

If I do come, I must insist on the Scots having a good shave beforehand. I do not want a rash from their bristles. :D

And no tongues either. :eek:

i shouldn't worry my old china.. OHHHH sorry (sheeet..kineeel)...blaimdate..:o
they will bend over backwards for you:cool:... their hostility is legendary:rolleyes:

regards :p
aj

maingate
05-02-2010, 09:14
i shouldn't worry my old china.. OHHHH sorry (sheeet..kineeel)...blaimdate..:o
they will bend over backwards for you:cool:... their hostility is legendary:rolleyes:

aj
I will bend over backwards to help anybody.

Bending over forwards is an entirely different matter!

suej
05-02-2010, 12:59
Will there be room for another van for the meet? Me n him are keen to venture north.. or I should say further north next week to join in the merriment. If there's room for us put us down for a venison casserole and a beef in beer,Ta muchly
Sue :)

nowhereman
05-02-2010, 13:22
Will there be room for another van for the meet? Me n him are keen to venture north.. or I should say further north next week to join in the merriment. If there's room for us put us down for a venison casserole and a beef in beer,Ta muchly
Sue :)

No problem, see you there.:)

lenny
05-02-2010, 14:06
Hiya Ian , I,ve been away for a while on business:rolleyes:, Me and the 2 lads will still be there;), we,ll be having 1 venison and 2 burgers and chips:).

Looking forward to meeting friends, old and new:cool:

Hezbez
05-02-2010, 18:15
Hi, we're looking forward to meeting all you folks next weekend!
Put us down for 2 x Burger & Chips please.

nowhereman
05-02-2010, 19:21
I have spoken to Karen the restaurant owner with a run down of what people would like.
Due to the time of year she is only open at weekends just now.

Maingate this means that Thursday and Friday it will not be possible to eat there. She will be open from Sat morning. If you would like to have a meal out the best I can suggest is Duns about 25 -30mins drive. Also there is a chippy and chinese there. There is also a pub at Grantshouse about 20 mins drive away.

Weez, I thought the single plain pasta may have been a problem but Karen said it is not and will do a plain pasta for you.

The only other thing is the beef in beer. Due to everything being home made it is not viable to just make a batch for three people. Karen is apologetic that she is unable to do this for three.
The alternate is to choose the Venison casserole, (this is made with Roe Deer and is not strong and gamey in taste). Or you can have a Salmon fillet or Haddock in batter. If you dont fancy that then it will have to be the Burger.:)

This is classed as a private booking and we have decided on 6.30 to eat.
(Hope you guys all turn up, else I am going to be left to pay a bl**dy big bill).;):eek:

Again apologies from Karen to the beef in beer people. I told her it is not a problem for us. ;)

Hope this is ok with you all. Can the beef in beer people let me know what alternate you have chosen thanks.

Wee-z
05-02-2010, 20:08
I have spoken to Karen the restaurant owner with a run down of what people would like.
Due to the time of year she is only open at weekends just now.

Maingate this means that Thursday and Friday it will not be possible to eat there. She will be open from Sat morning. If you would like to have a meal out the best I can suggest is Duns about 25 -30mins drive. Also there is a chippy and chinese there. There is also a pub at Grantshouse about 20 mins drive away.

Weez, I thought the single plain pasta may have been a problem but Karen said it is not and will do a plain pasta for you.

The only other thing is the beef in beer. Due to everything being home made it is not viable to just make a batch for three people. Karen is apologetic that she is unable to do this for three.
The alternate is to choose the Venison casserole, (this is made with Roe Deer and is not strong and gamey in taste). Or you can have a Salmon fillet or Haddock in batter. If you dont fancy that then it will have to be the Burger.:)

This is classed as a private booking and we have decided on 6.30 to eat.
(Hope you guys all turn up, else I am going to be left to pay a bl**dy big bill).;):eek:

Again apologies from Karen to the beef in beer people. I told her it is not a problem for us. ;)

Hope this is ok with you all. Can the beef in beer people let me know what alternate you have chosen thanks.

That is brilliant, thank you. :)

We will exchange a beef in beer for a haddock in batter please.

Wee-z
Adele

P.S. We don't all paint ourselves blue and white up here. In fact, unless the Scottish football or rugby team are playing tangerine and black is the way to go!!! :D

lenny
05-02-2010, 20:31
Wee-z
Adele

P.S. We don't all paint ourselves blue and white up here. In fact, unless the Scottish football or rugby team are playing tangerine and black is the way to go!!! :D[/QUOTE]

Tangerine:eek::eek:, yer not from Blackpool are you:rolleyes::D:p

nowhereman
05-02-2010, 20:39
Wee-z
Adele

P.S. We don't all paint ourselves blue and white up here. In fact, unless the Scottish football or rugby team are playing tangerine and black is the way to go!!! :D

Scottish football team,:confused::confused::confused::confused::roll eyes:

phantom flyer
05-02-2010, 20:39
Wee-z
Adele

Tangerine:eek::eek:, yer not from Blackpool are you:rolleyes::D:p[/QUOTE]

phantom flyer
05-02-2010, 21:26
Oor Wullie and The Broons country

phantom flyer
05-02-2010, 21:28
OOr Wullie and The Broons country This should have been added to my last post sorry. Time for bed.

nowhereman
05-02-2010, 21:34
OOr Wullie and The Broons country This should have been added to my last post sorry. Time for bed.

Never mind Pete third time lucky, I will put it down to Buckfast being on special offer up there just now:rolleyes::D

Wee-z
05-02-2010, 21:41
The Broons and Oor Wullie country indeed. As long as you are not a supporter of the other side Phantom Flyer....

Never mind Pete third time lucky, I will put it down to Buckfast being on special offer up there just now:rolleyes::D

You are on the wrong side of the country for that :)

Wee-z
Adele

phantom flyer
05-02-2010, 22:01
The Broons and Oor Wullie country indeed. As long as you are not a supporter of the other side Phantom Flyer....

You are on the wrong side of the country for that :)

Wee-z
Adele

Its was a nice cheeky wee red wine. Not a footie fan. Ice Hockey for me across the river.

nowhereman
05-02-2010, 22:16
Scottish football team,:confused::confused::confused::confused::roll eyes:

Ah, just remembered there is a Scottish football team, heard it many times on the radio, think its called Scotlandnil or something.:D

phantom flyer
05-02-2010, 22:30
Ah, just remembered there is a Scottish football team, heard it many times on the radio, think its called Scotlandnil or something.:D

Think it was changed to that after 1967.:p

phantom flyer
05-02-2010, 22:33

Think it was changed to that after 1967.:p:D

maingate
05-02-2010, 22:41
Hi nowhereman,

If you talk to Germans, do not mention the war

If you are in Hartlepool, do not mention monkeys

If you are in Scotland, do not mention football

ps; I hope these guys have a sense of humour. Thank heaven lenny is bringing Jack. We might need him. :D

ajs
05-02-2010, 23:06
Thank heaven lenny is bringing Jack. We might need him. :D

:rolleyes:... jeeeeezzz. the thing you lot will get up to in the name of entertainment....:eek:

regards:o
aj

Pioneer
06-02-2010, 09:43
That is brilliant, thank you. :)

We will exchange a beef in beer for a haddock in batter please.

Wee-z
Adele

mmmm Blackpool supporter:D;):eek:

jumped in here, just read other threads, but great footie minds it seems. Now where's Newcastle? I know Lenny Sunderland are a point in front, but we have a game in hand.

Pioneer
06-02-2010, 09:54
Hi nowhereman,

ps; I hope these guys have a sense of humour. Thank heaven lenny is bringing Jack. We might need him. :D

Are we having a Match? If Lenny is bringing "Jack" Charlton:D, then no problems for the English team against Scotlandnil:D:p;)
That's a cracker, "Scotlandnil" nearly wet myself.:D

Pioneer
06-02-2010, 09:59
Hi Ian,
told you this was going to be difficult with the menu:D
HID will have Salmon fillet and I will have the Venison Casserole at 6.30pm.
Cheers,
Bill.

never tried Bamby before:D

nowhereman
06-02-2010, 10:33
Hi nowhereman,

Think I have a form of Tourettes syndrome, if I see a bull I cant help flapping about with a red rag.;)

Maybe I am a bit naive, I just assumed that if you were Scottish then you must automatically have a bl**dy good sense of humour.:rolleyes:

Tis all in fun and makes fer a good meet.;):)

nowhereman
06-02-2010, 10:44
:rolleyes:... jeeeeezzz. the thing you lot will get up to in the name of entertainment....:eek:

regards:o
aj

Talking of entertainment, I have just left wor lass at work and have skived off to make a couple of phone calls.
A good mate and old jamming partner of mine lives near the meet. He is one of the best Didgeridoo makers and players in the country. I have asked if he will come round on Sat evening with a couple of Didgies and a few other instruments where upon I may join him for a bit of a jam. (might even break out the guitars). He has agreed to this.:)
Cant promise that this is a deffinate, but if so it should be quite enjoyable.:cool::)

maingate
06-02-2010, 11:19
Thank goodness we will be on our way to Haddington. :rolleyes:

I have always been lucky! :D

nowhereman
06-02-2010, 11:33
Thank goodness we will be on our way to Haddington. :rolleyes:

I have always been lucky! :D

Just finished making yer badge by the way. The build quality may differ slightly from everyone elses.:rolleyes:

suej
06-02-2010, 11:38
Michael will stick with the venison casserole and I will have burger instead of the beef in beer, Thanks. Hmm didgies.. am singing 'tie me kangaroo down' already!!:D

derekfaeberwick
06-02-2010, 11:49
Hi again, a burger for me please. ,http://www.world-of-smilies.com/wos_essen/essen1.gif (http://www.World-of-Smilies.com)

Getting close now, I hope the weather holds up. ,http://www.world-of-smilies.com/wos_essen/nahrung004.gif (http://www.World-of-Smilies.com)

maingate
06-02-2010, 12:56
Just finished making yer badge by the way. The build quality may differ slightly from everyone elses.:rolleyes:
Did I say I wanted the tag axle one?

lenny
06-02-2010, 16:56
Michael will stick with the venison casserole and I will have burger instead of the beef in beer, Thanks. Hmm didgies.. am singing 'tie me kangaroo down' already!!:D

Pleased to see you and Mick will be there ,Sue, Just wondered what other talents you both have, apart from dancing:rolleyes::D.

I,m sure Mick would be a dab hand at the Didgeridoo:eek:, and maybe we could bring you a sheet of Hardboard (Ala Rolf Harris) or a hand held Xzylaphone:eek::p.

Betcha Aj is getting a bit jealous now:rolleyes:,when he see,s what he,s missing:cool:

ajs
06-02-2010, 18:48
Pleased to see you and Mick will be there ,Sue, Just wondered what other talents you both have, apart from dancing:rolleyes:

I,m sure Mick would be a dab hand at the Didgeridoo:eek:, and maybe we could bring you a sheet of Hardboard (Ala Rolf Harris) or a hand held Xzylaphone:eek::p.

Betcha Aj is getting a bit jealous now:rolleyes:,when he see,s what he,s missing:cool:

OK... so how many of you have a bluepeter badge then ehh....:confused:

and will you be bringin the girl guide uniforms too....ohhh:eek:

:D

regassed :p
aj

derekfaeberwick
07-02-2010, 09:09
Lenny, are you bringing your washing mabarbie thingy with you?

I saw a drum at a farm in Embleton yesterday and it set me thinking.http://www.world-of-smilies.com/wos_engel/engel23.gif (http://www.World-of-Smilies.com)

If it's good then I'm sure the farmer would let me have it next time I'm at his place.

lenny
07-02-2010, 10:27
Lenny, are you bringing your washing mabarbie thingy with you?

Yep;), I take it everywhere I go:rolleyes:, however I,m not sure if we can light It on this weekend,maybe Ian can confirm:)

nowhereman
07-02-2010, 10:33
Yep;), I take it everywhere I go:rolleyes:, however I,m not sure if we can light It on this weekend,maybe Ian can confirm:)

Aye should be fine, was thinking of getting a bit of a bonty going by the river anyways:)

derekfaeberwick
07-02-2010, 12:46
Great. I'll take the barbie.:D

nowhereman
07-02-2010, 13:09
Great. I'll take the barbie.:D

That may come in handy Derek, quite often there is a fresh Bambi road kill to be found around there. Tis not the first time I have found and butchered one on the side of the road and washed the joints in the river. If one is found, there is nowt better than a hind leg seasoned and barbecued alfresco. This will give Bill his first taste of Venison the way it is meant to be served, chargrilled under the stars.;):)

Pioneer
07-02-2010, 13:37

That may come in handy Derek, quite often there is a fresh Bambi road kill to be found around there. Tis not the first time I have found and butchered one on the side of the road and washed the joints in the river. If one is found, there is nowt better than a hind leg seasoned and barbecued alfresco. This will give Bill his first taste of Venison the way it is meant to be served, chargrilled under the stars.;):)

Oh great! can I wash it down with a drop of Macallan:D just to wash the river silt away you understand.
I can hear Angie now stood behind me, "Not a little Bambi, how could you" amongst other comments that I can't put on here, but I know a man that can, and he's not said if he's coming or not yet;)
Come on wuzer, or is it you can't afford a bottle after the big fine:rolleyes::D
Could be free Bambi and Macallan in it:p

nowhereman
07-02-2010, 14:01
, but I know a man that can, and he's not said if he's coming or not yet;)
Come on wuzer, or is it you can't afford a bottle after the big fine:rolleyes::D
Could be free Bambi and Macallan in it:p

Think that may be our fault Bill, I know that Lenny did call him tubby and I did insinuate that he was elderly. Apologies from us AJ, tis just sad Geordie humour.
Can I make ammends by saying some thing nice and positive instead, I know youve had an operation recently and would just like to offer my congratulations on your charisma bypass, it was obviously a total success and I'm so pleased for you mate..
There now if he doesnt want to join us after me being nice then I dont think anything will change his mind.;):D

Pioneer
07-02-2010, 14:09
He will be a shadow of his former self very shortly, as long as he keeps out of the Clubhouse at the 19th.:D
I'll speak to him this week and be kind to him.
We are looking forward to next weekend, think Angie will try for a fish or two for the barbie:cool: after dark of course:D

regards,
Bill.

nowhereman
07-02-2010, 14:12
He will be a shadow of his former self very shortly, as long as he keeps out of the Clubhouse at the 19th.:D
I'll speak to him this week and be kind to him.
We are looking forward to next weekend, think Angie will try for a fish or two for the barbie:cool: after dark of course:D

regards,
Bill.

Aw not the poor little fishies, how could she:rolleyes:

Pioneer
07-02-2010, 14:16
Aw not the poor little fishies, how could she:rolleyes:

She won't be the one to do the kill, I can assure you. I have seen her catch nice trout and looked to see if I am whatching, then put them back, thinking I hadn't noticed:D

ajs
07-02-2010, 14:46
Originally Posted by ryeonbear http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/wild-camping-meets-gatherings/8164-possible-borders-meet-post86821.html#post86821)
, but I know a man that can, and he's not said if he's coming or not yet
Come on wuzer, or is it you can't afford a bottle after the big fine
Could be free Bambi and Macallan in it

Happy Camping

Think that may be our fault Bill, I know that Lenny did call him tubby and I did insinuate that he was elderly. Apologies from us AJ, tis just sad Geordie humour.
Can I make ammends by saying some thing nice and positive instead, I know youve had an operation recently and would just like to offer my congratulations on your charisma bypass, it was obviously a total success and I'm so pleased for you mate..
There now if he doesnt want to join us after me being nice then I dont think anything will change his mind.;):D

what friggin op... eh..eh... never had charisma te start with :D

... i know you lot will be pining .. and can't possibly enjoy yourselves without me there :rolleyes: but....
if i can't get the van fixed this week then it's defo a no starter... so i'm sayin nuffin...:p

anyone got any spare spanners...:rolleyes:

ffs...:mad::mad:

regards :(
aj

lenny
07-02-2010, 15:02
what friggin op... eh..eh... never had charisma te start with :D

... i know you lot will be pining .. and can't possibly enjoy yourselves without me there :rolleyes: but....
if i can't get the van fixed this week then it's defo a no starter... so i'm sayin nuffin...

anyone got any spare spanners...:rolleyes:

ffs...

regards :(
aj

So yer Vans broke now eh:rolleyes:, why not give yer mate Bigboack:eek: a call;), he,s good at fixing things:rolleyes::D:cool:

maingate
07-02-2010, 15:03
If that old twa, er I mean that gentleman from Worcester can make it, I have a toolkit that I can give him. With full instructions as well. :D

channa
07-02-2010, 15:18
If that old twa, er I mean that gentleman from Worcester can make it, I have a toolkit that I can give him. With full instructions as well. :D

mmm and I can vouch for maindates wisdom, twas he who suggested I removed the protective covers when me multithingymigig wasnt workin:o

After that readings galore needles flying up and down various scales;)not a clue what they mean but helpful in my inconclusive verdicts of things electrical in nature.:D

Channa

ajs
07-02-2010, 16:44
So yer Vans broke now eh why not give yer mate Bigboack a call he,s good at fixing things

:eek:

nope... yer can't trust a fella that drinks pain stripper...:eek:

trainlate....men don't read instruction yer nup***... err... nice man from up norrfff :rolleyes:

need a mechchananick fella with brains... that excluded you lot... :D
friggin carisma cell kicked in there again.. did yer notice :p

and don't go trying to tell me how to fix it cus i'm not in the least bit interested
and will fall soundly to sleep listening to yer twaddle...:p

:D

what's wrong with it i hear you say.... watter pithin out of bottom hose
and the heater blower fuse keeps blowing...

friggin hate campin me :mad:... must start lookin fer a hotel :cool:

aj

maingate
07-02-2010, 16:53
I know exactly what is wrong with your van AJ. It`s an easy 2 minute fix.

What you do is......

Oh is that the time? Have to go, sorry. :p

Hezbez
07-02-2010, 18:09
So, this meet is getting close :) Hope we don't see any snow this week.

I've kinda lost touch with how many are going next weekend, and what days we are expected to arrive and depart.

We are Mr & Mrs 'Hezbez' coming down from Lanarkshire in Scotland, planning on being there from Friday 'til Sunday.

Is there a Sat Nav address or co-ordinates for where we are going?

Will have bottle of Drambuie with us for anyone who'd like a wee drink in our van :)

andytheplumber
07-02-2010, 18:29
we are also coming down friday afternoon till sunday lunchtime,looking forward to my meal..I also have a bottle of drambuie but I need ice with mine,so I will bring a case of carlsberg too..

Hezbez
07-02-2010, 19:01
I also have a bottle of drambuie but I need ice with mine,so I will bring a case of carlsberg too..

Don't worry, we can bring plenty of ice!

phantom flyer
07-02-2010, 19:58
Dont drink spirits and other half tea total (I make up for her though). I can supply red wine (six bottles in the van as we speak should be able to squeeze a few more in if anyone thinks we might need it) and a case of Bud. Keep the Bud cold in the river. Planning to arrive Friday pm leave Sunday with another stop somewhere on the way home. I am not due back to work till Thursday but I think wife is back Tuesday or Wednesday. Have also got the loan of a generator. Seems a bit big 2.5kva don't really want to use it but with only one leisure battery might be needed for battery charging for blown air heating or take van for a wee run to recharge which is my preferred option. We dont usually stop for more than one night when wild during the winter so battery gets charged when on the move. Sorry a bit of a ramble there but really looking forward to this meet.

Pete

channa
07-02-2010, 20:12
mmm offers of drambuie, bottles of red wine and road kill nicely bbq'd .....very very tempting and the hound has her ears pricked ( she is thinking leftovers I can read her like a book)

It sounds like you guys will have a hoot and I would love to join in the festivities,For once in a long time i have to be responsible and remain in Yorks due to commitments ..barsteward.!!
Channa

channa
07-02-2010, 20:31
hello my name is Holly

I is channa's hound, he is a miserablul git, i have red about this scotland lark and i think it is gud and i will heat dear.......... left overs no problem.

I want too cum on this hollyday it sounds gud fun.

The channa is tryin to git a job..I dont no why, i prefur him tekin me fur walks and that..any chance of chasin skquirrels ?

i dunt have a doggy mail or owt an he is cummin back frum the baff perhaps one day...we can chase sqirrells tugether....i have read the posts and like it.

Holly (channas hound)

lenny
07-02-2010, 20:41
mmm offers of drambuie, bottles of red wine and road kill nicely bbq'd .....very very tempting and the hound has her ears pricked ( she is thinking leftovers I can read her like a book)

It sounds like you guys will have a hoot and I would love to join in the festivities,For once in a long time i have to be responsible and remain in Yorks due to commitments ..barsteward.!!
Channa

Thanks Channa, It looks like little Jack will be having a feast on the leftovers;)and It,s not just his ears that,ll be pricked:eek: at the thought of all those other nice doggies that,ll there for the taking:o
Mind you,take Maingates whippets out the game:(, he just can,t catch the blighters:eek::D

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/17102009006.jpg

And his little Pug is too much of a play hard to get prude:D

Happy Days..

ajs
07-02-2010, 22:03

:confused: have you see the weather forecast this week and next weekend...:confused: :eek:

up there in the wilderness ..it's snow, cold, more snow and colder :eek:
followed by colder still and more snow...:rolleyes:

think i'll stay here and look for a hotel :p

regards :):cool::p
aj

phantom flyer
07-02-2010, 22:57
So, this meet is getting close :) Hope we don't see any snow this week.

I've kinda lost touch with how many are going next weekend, and what days we are expected to arrive and depart.

We are Mr & Mrs 'Hezbez' coming down from Lanarkshire in Scotland, planning on being there from Friday 'til Sunday.

Is there a Sat Nav address or co-ordinates for where we are going?

Will have bottle of Drambuie with us for anyone who'd like a wee drink in our van :)

55.85367, -2.38749 or N 55 51.22, W 2 23.249 or N 55 51 13.2, W 2 23 15 depends on how your sat nav is set up for the co ordinates. Used GPS coordinaten, nuttige plaatsen, NP, points of interest, POI, waypoints, routes, tracks (http://www.gpscoordinaten.nl/bepaal-gps-coordinaten.php) that was recommended by Belgian a while back.

phantom flyer
07-02-2010, 23:34

He is recovering well after the operation.

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt139/phantom_flyer/00098-1.jpg?t=1265590357

nowhereman
08-02-2010, 15:42

:confused: have you see the weather forecast this week and next weekend...:confused:

up there in the wilderness ..it's snow, cold, more snow and colder :eek:
followed by colder still and more snow...:rolleyes:

think i'll stay here and look for a hotel :p

regards :):cool::p
aj

Aye but this is a wildcamping meet for wildcampers in a wildcamping location, if the weather happens to be wild, us wild Northeners will be there as long as our wildcamping wheels have traction. Enjoy yer travelodge weekend tis only 19 quid with central heating.:rolleyes::D

Pioneer
08-02-2010, 15:50
Hi all,
our small genny will be available should anyone need it. Hardly ever used, but it's there for emergancy purposes. I know this time of year a lot is taken out of the leisure batteries, with pumps running all the time for the heating etc. Your welcome to use it, after me:D

Bill.

nowhereman
08-02-2010, 15:53
Hi all,
our small genny will be available should anyone need it. Hardly ever used, but it's there for emergancy purposes. I know this time of year a lot is taken out of the leisure batteries, with pumps running all the time for the heating etc. Your welcome to use it, after me:D

Bill.

Bill, thought ye were a Northerner, use a candle fer heating like the rest of us.;)

Pioneer
08-02-2010, 15:59
Bill, thought ye were a Northerner, use a candle fer heating like the rest of us.;)

Those days are long gone, don't mind getting cold, but then it's warm up time. Can remember using an hexion burner in the Army inside a bivvy in the depths of Germany. Brrrrrrrrrr, never again. Must admit central heating makes you soft.

nowhereman
08-02-2010, 16:02
Those days are long gone, don't mind getting cold, but then it's warm up time. Can remember using an hexion burner in the Army inside a bivvy in the depths of Germany. Brrrrrrrrrr, never again. Must admit central heating makes you soft.

Central heating, soft, I smell Southern. Only heating I have in the van is if wor lass rubs her thighs together:D

ajs
08-02-2010, 16:14
Aye but this is a wildcamping meet for wildcampers in a wildcamping location, if the weather happens to be wild, us wild Northeners will be there as long as our wildcamping wheels have traction. Enjoy yer travelodge weekend tis only 19 quid with central heating.:rolleyes::D

looking for somewhere to buy not stop the night :(
... jeeezzkids today eh :p

btw...you is safe.. couldn’t get the van in for repair until next Monday:rolleyes:
(cam belt, hose, and service)

...and who the frigg took my photo before they put the skin back on... :eek:

aj

maingate
08-02-2010, 17:23
And if it gets really really cold, you can light it.

Pioneer
08-02-2010, 17:44
And if it gets really really cold, you can light it.

Is that, quote "wor lass" or the candle:D

nowhereman
08-02-2010, 17:45
Ok, have just made more phone calls, next to where we are parked is a trout farm. I have just organised with the farm owner (John) to buy a dozen or so fresh trout off him for the Friday evening. Only problem is that he is only available around 9am on Friday morning.

Can I ask either Bill or Maingate to buy a dozen or so trout off him, as I will not be there till Fri teatime.

(In fact anyone who fancies freshly barbecued trout on Fri evening please let themselves be known so that we can get the right amount).

Can you two guys sort out the buying of the trout on Fri morn, as you will be there from Thursday. He is only going to charge us a quid a trout, I will clean and cook them on Friday eve, and we will all chip in to cover the cost of the trout.;)

If that is ok with you guys let me know who wants trout on Friday, thanks.

Pioneer
08-02-2010, 17:52
Ian,
sorry we won't be up until friday lunch, due to Angie working thursday morning, and a stopover on the way up. 61/2 hrs driving to much these days,
wouldn't mind a fresh trout x 1 for myself if maingate can get them.

regards,
Bill

nowhereman
08-02-2010, 17:58
Ian,
sorry we won't be up until friday lunch, due to Angie working thursday morning, and a stopover on the way up. 61/2 hrs driving to much these days,
wouldn't mind a fresh trout x 1 for myself if maingate can get them.

regards,
Bill

Looks like we are bu**ered regarding the fish, cant imagine Maingate spending 12 quid even if it is only fer a few hours.:rolleyes:

Wee-z
08-02-2010, 18:07
Hi,

Could we have 2 trout please? :)

Thank you

Wee-z

Hezbez
08-02-2010, 18:31
2 trout for us please!

I've always wanted someone to show me how to gut a fish, maybe I'll learn on Friday eve :)

lenny
08-02-2010, 19:31
And a couple of nice Trout for me and my lads to share if you can pull it off Ian;), I reckon we must have 10 vans attending up to now:) (this should double the population of the hamlet):D
Looking forward to the venison, the fish, the red wine,drambiue,jack daniels:rolleyes:, budweiser ,lager,Maingates (Lidl) 18year old malt:eek:, Phantomflyers wifes coffee:o,Pioneers welsh malt:eek: along with my cheeky little bottle of red from Aldi:D

Oh and I,ll be bringing a big pan of Broth and Stottie Cakes:cool:

phantom flyer
08-02-2010, 19:52
2 trout for us please.

channa
08-02-2010, 20:26
psst gill net for sale :eek:any takers ?;)

channa

maingate
08-02-2010, 20:48
I have counted 11 Trout up to now (including us).

I knew there was a con somewhere but could not figure it out until now. :confused:

Any more digs about me and somebody will get slapped with a wet Trout. :D

nowhereman
08-02-2010, 21:27
Two trout here also please:)

Hey guys I know that there is a good chance of me getting a beating at the weekend, from wor lass and a good few of the meet participants for my cheek throughout this thread,:rolleyes: (forgot to mention I expect to have a few Claymores to dodge also:o)

I have not forgotten that this meet is primarily in the name of Jim, and would just like to say how pleased I am that the Borders meet thread has turned out so daft, friendly and humorous without any offence being taken or any fall outs.
Jim would have loved to have been part of this banter,
Even if the meet gets snowed off, at least we have already had a good laugh.

Looking forward to raising a glass to Jim with such brilliant company.
Cheers .

Pioneer
09-02-2010, 07:30
I feel a cookery demonstration coming on by the Chef de Meet, if nowhereman can be found, after HID as slapped him a few times:D

Beggar the snow, my heating is on already;) and a bottle of the finest Welsh Whisky is on it's way, just don't leave any cos aj will only complain at Leek if it's another half bottle:D

regards,
Bill.

zeezee16
09-02-2010, 14:23
Can I have 2 trout as well, and seeing as I'm not doing the borders meet, can someone bring them down to leeds.(cooked if possible).
Cheers, Pete

maingate
09-02-2010, 15:00
Thats no problem Pete. :)

They are £1 each.

With cooking and transport costs, that will be £402 please (in advance). :p

What sauce would you like with them? :D

zeezee16
09-02-2010, 15:06
Thats no problem Pete. :)

They are £1 each.

With cooking and transport costs, that will be £402 please (in advance). :p

What sauce would you like with them? :D
Kinnel, how much is sauce?

nowhereman
09-02-2010, 15:13
Kinnel, how much is sauce?

Going to make up a fresh herb (Dill, Thyme and Parsley) and green peppercorn butter to stuff the fish. No extra charge mate.;)

The Grand Wanderer
09-02-2010, 15:20
One Trout for me too please. :p:p
Looking forward to mixing with such illustrious company.:D
SWMBO is brining her witches brew (sloe gin) with her so will add to the general delights.
Is there anything else that might be usefull we can bring along?:):)
Regards,
Wanderer

maingate
09-02-2010, 15:24
Could you make up an Irn Bru and deep fried Mars bar sauce for the Scots lads? :D

The Grand Wanderer
09-02-2010, 15:27
Could you make up an Irn Bru and deep fried Mars bar sauce for the Scots lads? :D

Don't they call that sauce whiskey up there in scotty land?

Pioneer
09-02-2010, 15:29
One Trout for me too please. :p:p
Looking forward to mixing with such illustrious company.:D
SWMBO is brining her witches brew (sloe gin) with her so will add to the general delights.
Is there anything else that might be usefull we can bring along?:):)
Regards,
Wanderer

SWMBO might find a broom handy, incase it's a bright night:D always wanted to see one fly;)

Bill.

nowhereman
09-02-2010, 15:30

Just about spat me coffee out :D:D just when I was making an effort to tone it down a bit, yer gonna get me started again. I can only make dodgy badges Maingate, but I will have a dam good try at knocking some body armour up fer us two:D

andytheplumber
09-02-2010, 15:32
BTW, where do we socalise at the meet,in eachothers vans or in the awning or are we priveleged and get into the restaraunt

nowhereman
09-02-2010, 15:42
BTW, where do we socalise at the meet,in eachothers vans or in the awning or are we priveleged and get into the restaraunt

Not sure if it will get to that Andy, depends on the involuntary segregation rules that Maingate has just imposed with his last comment.:D:D

ajs
09-02-2010, 15:53
Not sure if it will get to that Andy, depends on the involuntary segregation rules that Maingate has just imposed with his last comment.:D:D

if you asks the little fella nicely he will gladly kick the dogs out to make room fer a party every night in his van:cool:

... seein as its the biggest and can easily accommodate 12 of you:rolleyes:

... no probs;)

.....then drink all his wiksey for him .. he don't like it much:p

aj

maingate
09-02-2010, 16:55
Nothing against wildies but there is more chance of me kicking the wife out than the dogs.

That`s two of us in trouble now nowhereman. :D

Anyway, as I will be the first one there, can I have a clue where to park up? When I looked on google earth I could not make out the spot. All I could see was tumbleweed blowing along. :rolleyes:

lenny
09-02-2010, 17:21
SWMBO might find a broom handy, incase it's a bright night:D always wanted to see one fly;)

Happy Camping
Bill.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/DancingWitch.gif :eek::D. What no Broom:eek:, remember this is Valentines weekend not Guy Fourkes:rolleyes:,so you,ll all need to be nice and romantic towards HID:o:):cool:

andytheplumber
09-02-2010, 18:40
ok it just that I could have brought the sides for my awning,

nowhereman
09-02-2010, 18:45
Nothing against wildies but there is more chance of me kicking the wife out than the dogs.

That`s two of us in trouble now nowhereman. :D

Anyway, as I will be the first one there, can I have a clue where to park up? When I looked on google earth I could not make out the spot. All I could see was tumbleweed blowing along. :rolleyes:

Assume you are coming from A1 Grantshouse turn off, once you get into the village you drive over a metal bridge and then about a minutes drive you will see a tiny left turn, Riverside restaurant. Just park in there but do not block the gateway to the trout farm or he will do a mental. Try not to upset any locals til we all get there.:D

nowhereman
09-02-2010, 19:02
Fer all you people with those newfangled sat nav jobbies, the postcode is
TD11 3TX.

maingate
09-02-2010, 19:14
Never trust a Scottish postcode. :D

The only time we have had a problem has been in Scotland for some reason. It must be all the granite causing interference.

We will be coming in from Grantshouse, it is a little longer but should suit the van more.

I make it 15 Trout but will do another count tomorrow to be sure.

I have found a nice 12 month old Nigerian single malt. Hang the expense, life is too short. :eek:

nowhereman
09-02-2010, 19:14
[QUOTE=lenny; you,ll all need to be nice and romantic towards HID:o:):cool:[/QUOTE]

Haway Lenny man, I know I said that this thread was daft, but that request is just downright rediculous, yer asking far to much of us now.:D

Wee-z
09-02-2010, 19:20

And lassies!!

Deep fried mars bar - That is such a west coast (well Glaswegian) thing.

Irn Bru - you don't know what you are missing - we will bring some for you all.

Wee-z
Adele

Hezbez
09-02-2010, 19:27
Thinking I might make a batch of mulled wine, v good for keeping the cold out ;)

nowhereman
09-02-2010, 19:46
ok it just that I could have brought the sides for my awning,

Think we are all going to have to park a little closer than usual in this place, tis going to be a bit of a squeeze, although we do have overflow parking next to the sawmill up the road. Not sure about the awning situation, but must admit if its raining heavy, we might need one to shelter a barbie whilst the fish is being cooked. Sure we will sort something though.:)

Pioneer
10-02-2010, 13:53
Well that's me packed and ready for the off, fridge full (of bottles and cans)
sausages, eggs, bacon, mushrooms and baps, and a bottle of the finest Welsh malt, what more could you want, oh and a packet of crisps or two:cool:
Just got to wait for HID to finish work at lunchtime on thursday, then off we jolly well go:p
Lancaster service area first stop, kettle on, butty, two fingers to the Shop:D and off again.
See you all Friday.

Happy Camping:)wonder if Angie want's anything to eat:confused:

nowhereman
10-02-2010, 15:44
Two inches of snow here in the North Pennines this morning, roads fine though. Just checked conditions at the meet site, tis cold but snow free. Looks like we should be ok.
Just stocked up on Jack Daniels, a bottle of Cognac some coffee and fresh cream to slightly dilute the liquor.;):)

robert b
10-02-2010, 15:58
hope you all have a great weekend sorry we cant be there

zeezee16
10-02-2010, 16:27
Well that's me packed and ready for the off, fridge full (of bottles and cans)
sausages, eggs, bacon, mushrooms and baps, and a bottle of the finest Welsh malt, what more could you want, oh and a packet of crisps or two:cool:
Just got to wait for HID to finish work at lunchtime on thursday, then off we jolly well go:p
Lancaster service area first stop, kettle on, butty, two fingers to the Shop:D and off again.
See you all Friday.

Happy Camping:)wonder if Angie want's anything to eat:confused:
Hey Bill,
the club cue has arrived, do you want to call for it, you can get some practice in before Millers Dale. (If I can get friday off that is).
PS, dont forget to make up some more rules before we get there.
Cheers, Pete.
SORRY, IS THIS NOT THE POOL THREAD.

Polly
10-02-2010, 16:45
Hia
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

Pioneer
10-02-2010, 17:00
Hey Bill,
the club cue has arrived, do you want to call for it, you can get some practice in before Millers Dale. (If I can get friday off that is).
PS, dont forget to make up some more rules before we get there.
Cheers, Pete.
SORRY, IS THIS NOT THE POOL THREAD.

The only rule is beat the beggars:D perhaps put Angie on with them first:p
Sorry this fred is off fred.
Cheers,
Bill.

ajs
10-02-2010, 17:08

looks like yer all ready to go and getting sexited....:eek: :D

have a good 1 lads and lassies.... i would have come but...:rolleyes:

yer drinkin habits are dreadful...:p

:cool:

aj

derekfaeberwick
10-02-2010, 20:50
And lassies!!

Deep fried mars bar - That is such a west coast (well Glaswegian) thing.:eek:

Irn Bru - you don't know what you are missing - we will bring some for you all.

Wee-z
Adele

C'mon min, it wis invented in Stoney,;) the chippy jist ower the river comin fae the Sooth side.

Thocht a chiel fae Angus wid hae kent that,:rolleyes: he's got a sign up in his windae aboot it.:D

Still no snow, fingers crossed.

lenny
11-02-2010, 17:20
It looks like we could have 11 vans in attendance now as I,ve just had a call from "Geoffw" who,s winging his way up here now as I write.;):)

Looks like It,s the overspill parking spot for any latecomers:rolleyes:

Anyone fancy a little ramble through the countryside on Saturday;), I,ve worked on a couple of routes and printed maps off in advance. ( If nothing else, It will keep us off the Drink:eek: and kill a little time).

I,ve got 2 lads (15 year olds) who will lead the way following my map reading lessons:o,

Just Beware:rolleyes:, they like to run on ahead and get hid,then ambush us with snowballs.:(

nowhereman
11-02-2010, 17:32
It looks like we could have 11 vans in attendance now as I,ve just had a call from "Geoffw" who,s winging his way up here now as I write.;):)

Looks like It,s the overspill parking spot for any latecomers:rolleyes:

Anyone fancy a little ramble through the countryside on Saturday;), I,ve worked on a couple of routes and printed maps off in advance. ( If nothing else, It will keep us off the Drink:eek: and kill a little time).

I,ve got 2 lads (15 year olds) who will lead the way following my map reading lessons:o,

Just Beware:rolleyes:, they like to run on ahead and get hid,then ambush us with snowballs.:(

Tis gonna be, well chocka then. We have also got a circular walk planned for Sat, takes in a wee suspension bridge, woods and The Broch. Also might have a spooky daunder in the night to test your two laddies Lenny, bet they dont run to far ahead on this one.;)

nowhereman
11-02-2010, 17:40
What time are you all planning on arriving. Need to know so I can beat you b**gers to my parking space:rolleyes:

lenny
11-02-2010, 18:26
What time are you all planning on arriving. Need to know so I can beat you b**gers to my parking space:rolleyes:

Hope to arrive between 6 and 7 pm.on Friday;):cool:

Polly
11-02-2010, 18:36
Hia
Good turn out and good walks just watch out for Lenny's 2 teenagers ;);););)

Wee-z
11-02-2010, 19:00
Hi
probably get down about 3-4pm.
all depends on events.
any special place you would like us to park
Ian?( 26 ft van) or do we find your favorite spot and nick it:)

Weez
Tony

Wee-z
11-02-2010, 19:03
Hi Lenny
great news for geoff coming up
quite a trip for them.
See you all Friday

weez
Ton

Belgian
11-02-2010, 19:20
Go for it friends, have a jolly good time, :);):D
Leo

nowhereman
11-02-2010, 19:22
Hi
probably get down about 3-4pm.
all depends on events.
any special place you would like us to park
Ian?( 26 ft van) or do we find your favorite spot and nick it:)

Weez
Tony

Twenty six foot,:eek: try Berwick:D

phantom flyer
11-02-2010, 20:45

Round about two or three pm I think.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS