PDA

View Full Version : New years meet scotland

andytheplumber
28-12-2009, 18:57
Anybody fancy a meet up from wed/thurs through the bells and into sat for a few drinkies

nowhereman
28-12-2009, 19:10
Anybody fancy a meet up from wed/thurs through the bells and into sat for a few drinkies

We have new year and both our birthdays to celebrate on the road from friday, but dont think we will be any further north than the borders. This may be further south than you want to go. Anyways if we dont meet up new year we may do at the borders meet later on.:)

Hezbez
28-12-2009, 19:17
We're planning to wildcamp in Stonehaven through the bells, to watch the fireballs ceremony.
I think Kimbowbill is also planning on being there.

The more the merrier!!!

andytheplumber
28-12-2009, 19:39
ok,stoneys not exactly long distance,ten mile up the road and the borders is possible-I will ask trish..

Hezbez
28-12-2009, 19:56
Oops, never realised you were in Aberdeenshire!

How's the roads and weather around the Stonehaven/Banchory area just now and do you know what the forecast is for the next few days?

dunk
28-12-2009, 21:02
we are off on our first trip tomorow to Maryculter/Braemar area for a couple of nights:D:D im working 6am on the 1st jan:(:( so i hope you all have a good time at stonehaven..

dunk

derekfaeberwick
29-12-2009, 08:39
we are off on our first trip tomorow to Maryculter/Braemar area for a couple of nights:D:D im working 6am on the 1st jan:(:( so i hope you all have a good time at stonehaven..

dunk

Maiden voyage? Have a good one.

andytheplumber
29-12-2009, 08:54
high to all again,the weather up here is clearing,still snow on the ground but its dissapearing.temperature is a different story-its -5 at the moment so anyone going to the fireballs will have to be wrapped up well or have a few whiskys in to survive.

John Thompson
29-12-2009, 10:15
Joan and Myself were going to wild it on the Moors at Waskerley between Stanhope and Consett for new year and walk the old railway.

A friend called in yesterday and told us the drifts are over the height of a vehicle but the farmers have been keeping the road open. The section between Castleside and Waskerley is however very poor for travelling. He has an ex-army Landrover.

Rather than risking getting stuck and the forcast of worse to come over the new year. We have opted instead to go to the Caravan Club site at Berwick from 30th to 3rd.

nowhereman
29-12-2009, 10:28
Joan and Myself were going to wild it on the Moors at Waskerley between Stanhope and Consett for new year and walk the old railway.

A friend called in yesterday and told us the drifts are over the height of a vehicle but the farmers have been keeping the road open. The section between Castleside and Waskerley is however very poor for travelling. He has an ex-army Landrover.

Rather than risking getting stuck and the forcast of worse to come over the new year. We have opted instead to go to the Caravan Club site at Berwick from 30th to 3rd.

We will also be in the Berwick area till the 3rd or 4th. (if the snow stops long enough to dig the van out).

maingate
29-12-2009, 11:11
Looks like we are not going anywhere at the moment. The van is in storage at Discover Leisure at Birtley and the premises is a sheet of ice.

I rang them up yesterday but I am going up there today to have a go at getting it out as its milder here today. It has stood there since the last Croft meet but the batteries are holding up well. It needs a good warming up on my drive and airing off.

Hezbez
29-12-2009, 20:21
Don't think we're going to Banchory and Stonehaven for Hogmanay now.
The A9 has been closed again and it is just sooooo cold out there :(

The woodburning stove is just too comfortable leave right now!

andytheplumber
29-12-2009, 20:35
hebez-when will you be arriving at stoney?we were going there thurs

Hezbez
29-12-2009, 20:51
hebez-when will you be arriving at stoney?we were going there thurs

Should've been at the wildcamping spot around Thursday lunchtime, but not sure now. Waiting to see if the weather improves before we decide whether to go or not.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS