View Full Version : manchester show

ajs
11-01-2010, 23:42

if anyone is going... down load the voucher and pay at the door:cool:
a squid cheaper than the campin/caravan club offer :eek:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/manchestershow2010.jpg

regards;)
aj

:rolleyes: if anyone is going and passing wusser on the way....
any chance of a lift :D

Pioneer
12-01-2010, 11:01
I can see a big van coming;) or do you just want to sit in one, not having a current license:rolleyes:
We may go if Angie not working.

regards,
Bill.

ajs
12-01-2010, 11:19
I can see a big van coming;) or do you just want to sit in one, not having a current license:rolleyes:
We may go if Angie not working.

regards,
Bill.

needs to be about the size of a hotel... complete with pool :rolleyes:

regards:D
aj

Pioneer
12-01-2010, 14:26
That's it then, big tag axle job with the trailer, carrying a hot tub.
Got to be a first:D
Leave the bike at home, only gets you into trouble.
Mind you, on second thoughts, take the bike may be less trouble:p:D

Regards,
Bill.

tresrikay
12-01-2010, 17:50
Yup,
Going on the Saturday which is the 23rd, so be nice to see you there Bill......... Aj, Friday is much quieter and more appropriate for limping, licenceless, languid, lecherous, lascivious, linklackies..........like you:eek::D:D

Polly
12-01-2010, 19:08
Hia
Going Sat 23 with daughter son-in-law and grandson Ethan
Might see you all there
might have to rendezvous at beer tent:D:D:D:D:D

Pioneer
12-01-2010, 19:22
Polly,
pm me your mobile no, for when we arrive at the show, got Aj's and Ricks, at least meet for coffee and sticky bun, Aj's favourite:D

regards,
Bill and Angie.

ajs
12-01-2010, 22:39
Yup,
Going on the Saturday which is the 23rd, so be nice to see you there Bill......... Aj, Friday is much quieter and more appropriate for limping, licenceless, languid, lecherous, lascivious, linklackies..........like you:eek::D:D

well.. unless you come and get me.. i won't be goin:eek:

cant drive till jan 27th:mad:

regards:p
aj

n8rbos
13-01-2010, 00:15
is there a load of you folks meeting on the saturday?????:)

ajs
13-01-2010, 08:43
is there a load of you folks meeting on the saturday?????:)

well... if you come and pick me up that'll be 5 :D

regards :rolleyes:
aj

Pioneer
13-01-2010, 10:10
Aj,
can you get to Shrewsbury or better still Wrexham by train? could pick you up at either if it helps, but a journey down to Wuz from here would take half a day return:eek: Wrexham would be easier:cool:
Arriva do leominster or Hereford to Shrewsbury.

regards,
Bill.

ajs
13-01-2010, 11:17
.thanks styonrear... but easier to go direct to manchester...:cool:

but i'm waitin fer that no good selfish sot from mac to offer to come and get me...:eek::eek::eek:

i won't be holding my breath....:rolleyes:

:D

aj

spopse i could always try out the bus pass:eek:
... probably need 4 days for the trip though:rolleyes:

tresrikay
13-01-2010, 19:06
well.. unless you come and get me.. i won't be goin:eek:

cant drive till jan 27th:mad:

aj

Well Im gowin on the puffa train....... and last I heard you dunna need a licentious for travlin in them......... or don't they have them down in sauceshire.

tresrikay
13-01-2010, 19:10
Lets say meet at the camping and carravanning club stand at 12 midday.
I will be wearing a poppy...... maybe we all should so we know were all mad.

Polly
13-01-2010, 19:23
Hia
I will be wearing a rose and have a news paper under my left arm

n8rbos
13-01-2010, 19:28
well... if you come and pick me up that'll be 5 :D

regards :rolleyes:
aj

if i still lived in wombourne/wolvo i wud av lol, i live in wigan now lol;)

Pioneer
13-01-2010, 19:31
This should be interesting,
A poppy.
A red rose and a newspaper.
Think I will wear clothes, save any embarassment:D
See you at 12am, C&CC stand. (any feebies going?);)

regards,
Bill.

Pioneer
13-01-2010, 19:34

Nowt wrong wi wiggin, born and bred myself. Son and Daughter still live there.
What part do live in?

Happy Camping:)

n8rbos
13-01-2010, 20:31
hindley!!!!!! where are you in wales?

ajs
13-01-2010, 23:21

:eek: you must have fallen on hard times...:confused::confused:

regards :D
aj

ajs
13-01-2010, 23:24
Hia
I will be wearing a rose and have a news paper under my left arm

:confused: put some clothes on lass... you will frighten the wildlife :eek:

regards :o
aj

:D

Pioneer
14-01-2010, 07:40
hindley!!!!!! where are you in wales?

I am originaly from the other side of Wigan, born in Whitehall, what used to be a small village between Shevington and Appley Bridge. My Brothers live in Gidlow and Appley Bridge, and my grown up kids live in Orrell.
I now live between Welshpool and LLanfair Caereinion, but travel up to visit pretty regularily.
Worked in Hindley Green for a short while with Ingersol Rand.
Still support Wigan R L and Athletic for all my sins:D
Maybe see you at one of the meets.

regards,
Bill.

Pioneer
14-01-2010, 07:43
:eek: you must have fallen on hard times...:confused::confused:

aj

Nowt wrong wi us Northern folk, just don't like being segregated from the rest of the country:D;)

regards,
Bill.

ajs
14-01-2010, 08:49
Nowt wrong wi us Northern folk, just don't like being segregated from the rest of the country:D;)

regards,
Bill.

tis only cus we can't afford a cage :D:D:D

aj

Polly
14-01-2010, 16:19
Hia
OK AJ just for you I will put me clothes on :D:D:D:D

We have to pick up a freebee from the C&CC stand a GOODY BAG cause we booked on line with a family ticket WOW can't wait. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
so i will be there

tresrikay
14-01-2010, 17:41
This should be interesting,
A poppy.
A red rose and a newspaper.
Think I will wear clothes, save any embarassment:D
See you at 12am, C&CC stand. (any feebies going?);)

regards,
Bill.

Maybe after we have looked at the usual 6 motorhomes on view and bought another couple of l.e.d.s we could go and have a meal somewhere before the trek home............ what says you.

ajs
14-01-2010, 18:03
Maybe after we have looked at the usual 6 motorhomes on view and bought another couple of l.e.d.s we could go and have a meal somewhere before the trek home............ what says you.

wow.. thanks treasureprickly.:rolleyes:.. nice of you to offer...;)
i'll be there then....wouldn't miss a treat like that from you..:p

curry or chinese will do nicely :cool:

regards:)
aj

what a nice man..:confused:

rebbyvid
14-01-2010, 18:14
I'm off that saturday so will join you even though i'm disappointed every year at the amount of motorhomes on show(doesnt stop me going though) but i see this year Spinney are putting in an appearance so that could add another half dozen
Rob

Polly
14-01-2010, 18:24
Hia
Sorry I won't be able to make a meal just a quick hello and how are you

tresrikay
14-01-2010, 18:31
wow.. thanks treasureprickly.:rolleyes:.. nice of you to offer...;)
i'll be there then....wouldn't miss a treat like that from you..:p

curry or chinese will do nicely :cool:

regards:)
aj

what a nice man..:confused:

You seem to have missunderstood...... I din't mean together.:D

rebbyvid
14-01-2010, 19:46
and i fancied a tapas if Rick was paying,have to get a hot dog on way home then.
Rob

Pioneer
15-01-2010, 10:10
Sounds good to me Guys, just need Aj to send a key for the cage lock.
bleedin suvener:D

ajs
15-01-2010, 10:43
You seem to have missunderstood...... I din't mean together.:D

no probs with that... actually prefer it...:rolleyes:...:rolleyes:
looking at you across the table would be sufficient to put all and sundry off their curry:eek:
... just post up yer credit card pin and details... i fank you :D

aj

styonrear... :o lost the key :rolleyes:

n8rbos
16-01-2010, 15:30
I am originaly from the other side of Wigan, born in Whitehall, what used to be a small village between Shevington and Appley Bridge. My Brothers live in Gidlow and Appley Bridge, and my grown up kids live in Orrell.
I now live between Welshpool and LLanfair Caereinion, but travel up to visit pretty regularily.
Worked in Hindley Green for a short while with Ingersol Rand.
Still support Wigan R L and Athletic for all my sins:D
Maybe see you at one of the meets.

regards,
Bill.

yeh that will be brill:)

ajs
19-01-2010, 23:32
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/traintomchestershow.jpg

by the time i get there it will be time to come back ffs:o
... and i aint payin 87 squid and gettin up at 7am..:eek:
so if HID don't fancy a trip then i'll see you next time :(

aj

bigboack
20-01-2010, 09:18

aj

Why cant you come? cant you drive or has senility struck and you have forgot,Or have you lost your licence.:):):):)

ajs
20-01-2010, 11:37
Why cant you come? cant you drive or has senility struck and you have forgot, Or have you lost your licence.:):)

:mad: youinsensitivefatnastidwithalimp... well you will have a limp next time i see you, :mad:

only a week to go...:D:D:D

regards :rolleyes::p
aj

vera
20-01-2010, 18:23
We are thinking of going to the show on Friday. Does any one know what the parking is like for Motorhomes?
Do we have to arrive at 6am to get in?
Or park 2 miles away and walk?

tresrikay
20-01-2010, 18:27

aj

You graet big ponce..... you just have to come first class dont you....... thumbing through the fortnun and mason catalogue.....:rolleyes::(;)

tresrikay
20-01-2010, 18:29
We are thinking of going to the show on Friday. Does any one know what the parking is like for Motorhomes?

You cant park an M/H within a train journey of the show.... and if you found somewhere National car parks would charge about 15 an hour.

Telstar
20-01-2010, 18:36
car parks

I believe that there is one on site and if you bought the ticket in advance you could have a place reserved for 1. But its years since I last went.

AJ

You should have got your train ticket in advance, you knew that you was going to get banned:D:D:D

Jon

rebbyvid
20-01-2010, 20:23
Best place to park is facing the M.E.N,the old Boddingtons brewery is now a car park (privately owned ) prices arnt too bad and maybe a 20 min walk to Gmex.Have used it myself last year and its only a 1 all day sunday(not much good if your going friday though).Sure there was a thread on here with a map,its on the corner of new bridge st and gt ducie st .here a link to map

http://www.multimap.com/s/tH5WvBee

rebbyvid
20-01-2010, 20:46
http://www.multimap.com/s/mV6n8ygu
or this link

Pioneer
21-01-2010, 11:06
http://www.multimap.com/s/mV6n8ygu
or this link

Hi Rob,
have just read somewhere that parking is a major problem at G/Mex and advised to park at say prestwich metrolink for free, and travel in.
Any thoughts on this?

regards,
Bill.

rebbyvid
21-01-2010, 16:42
Hi Rob,
have just read somewhere that parking is a major problem at G/Mex and advised to park at say prestwich metrolink for free, and travel in.
Any thoughts on this?

regards,
Bill.
I've not had a problem there stopped a couple of times and its big enough and it was asked if you could overnight last year but a bit close for me to overnight so not sure on that one even though i have seen vans on there (see if i can find the post)
Rob
heres the post
http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/lancashire/929-central-manchester.html

Pioneer
21-01-2010, 17:27
I've not had a problem there stopped a couple of times and its big enough and it was asked if you could overnight last year but a bit close for me to overnight so not sure on that one even though i have seen vans on there (see if i can find the post)
Rob
heres the post
http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/lancashire/929-central-manchester.html

We shall be travelling by car to the show, but apparently the G/Mex car park gets full early doors, so thought we would try something different.

regards,
Bill

rebbyvid
21-01-2010, 20:31
We shall be travelling by car to the show, but apparently the G/Mex car park gets full early doors, so thought we would try something different.

regards,
Bill
Not too far to walk from the M.E.N Bill and i think thats where i will be parking
got a bit confused with M.e.N and Gmex in last post and as you say GMex will be full of tuggers in their 4x4s usually straddling 2 lanes,did park there first year i went but have avoided it since.
Rob

rebbyvid
21-01-2010, 20:34
Hi Rob,
Any thoughts on this?

regards,
Bill.
Also not a bad idea as you are only five minutes from m/way and save you from the saturday shoppers as well.
Rob

Chrissy
22-01-2010, 07:55
Hi Rob,
Any thoughts on this?

regards,
Bill.

Not sure if you get free trams but if not its about 3 squid each one way. You can probably get a reasonable return price.

Polly
22-01-2010, 16:19
Hia
no need to wear a rose or carry a newspaper will be wearing my wild motorhome brouch :D:D:D:D

rebbyvid
22-01-2010, 16:23
Not sure if you get free trams but if not its about 3 squid each one way. You can probably get a reasonable return price.
I do:):):D

tresrikay
22-01-2010, 17:25
:(:(:( Might have to shy off ........Have had a return of man flu and I am running anose to be proud of. will see whether this extremely hot curry I am eating will do the trick.
If not have a good show.:(:(:mad:

rebbyvid
22-01-2010, 17:48
:(:(:( Might have to shy off ........Have had a return of man flu and I am running anose to be proud of. will see whether this extremely hot curry I am eating will do the trick.
If not have a good show.:(:(:mad:
I'll bring sandwiches you dont have to buy me a meal:D:D
Rob

ajs
22-01-2010, 19:03
Originally Posted by tresrikay http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/wild-camping-meets-gatherings/8359-manchester-show-post84418.html#post84418)
Might have to shy off ........Have had a return of man flu and I am running anose to be proud of. will see whether this extremely hot curry I am eating will do the trick.
If not have a good show.

I'll bring sandwiches you dont have to buy me a meal :D Rob

:confused:...that man is a leg-end in his own lifetime at avoiding spending money :eek:

tightass par friggin excellance he is :p :rolleyes:...
you should see him run with a bottle of wiksey in his paws :eek:

aj

and i bet someone else bought/made that curry :eek:

Pioneer
22-01-2010, 20:24
Rick hope the curry does the trick, see the rest of you at 12am ish, C&CC stand.

regards,
Bill.

Pioneer
23-01-2010, 17:11
Having just arrived back from the show, I can say that apart from meeting up with Polly and family, Rebbyvid (Rob) and family, and another new recruit to the site, euramobilepete and wife Heather, the show itself was small and uninteresting, very few MH's. The accessories department was as usual overcrowded. Lots of tuggers homes available.:(
Rick I'll bet your glad you didn't go, hope your not suffering to much after your lethal curry:D

regards,
Bill and Angie.

Happy Camping:)

Polly
23-01-2010, 17:18
Hia
Angie and Bill the pair of you are looking well I think it was February when I first and only time i have met Angie glad to meet you again

Rob forgot to mention I might be calling in for a couple of gas bottles for my home heater but the weather might have turned for the better

Didn't buy anything no ideas either so went to B & Q and got some more paint for the front bedroom as the yellow I painted it last week is BL---- awful putting it mildly

See you in Feb

Polly
23-01-2010, 17:20
Hia
actually the wine I have just opened taste as bad as the colour in the bedroom

rebbyvid
23-01-2010, 18:01
Sorry Bill Angie and Polly that i did not have a lot of time for chat as Bev's whinging 7 year old grandaughter was doing our head in,again i was not impressed so think i might try one of the bigger shows or maybe just continue to call in every dealer that i pass and check out the stock that way at least i can have a proper look round
Rob

Polly
23-01-2010, 18:18
Hia
My daughter (who was with me at the show) asked what actually was WILD CAMPING what did it involve
When I gave her a quick definition she quickly asked if i had wilded I said no (and that is the truth) I did explain that I wouldn't (being on my own) but would possible do if with a couple of other units.
Explanation excepted I think :confused::confused::confused::confused:
I do keep the family involved in what I am doing and they do ask if I am going with the wilders when I go on my travels

The harder one to explain was the
MALT TRAIL:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Telstar
23-01-2010, 21:27
Sounds like I didn't miss anything except meeting up with you guys. I thought about putting in a guest appearance but when I got up this morning I found that someone had broken into my new car. Bl**dy great. Only one side glass available in the country and that will take till Tuesday to arrive. If that one doesn't appear, will have to wait till Friday to get one from Mini. Car now in the windscreen place to keep it out of the weather. This afternoons job was to install a CCTV system. Hopefully this will either deter or catch them.

Jon

ajs
23-01-2010, 22:12
The harder one to explain was the
MALT TRAIL:eek::eek::eek::eek:

just tell her.. that's the nick-name we gave you... and it comes from you
spilling more than you drink on yer way back to your van... :eek:
thus leaving a trail of gods finest behind you...:mad:

regards:p:D
aj

guerdeval
24-01-2010, 10:04
I went yesterday,got there at 2.00pm and left at 3.30pm, very little to see I thought, at least it was half price.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS