PDA

View Full Version : Styall Mill

boltonlad
15-01-2010, 20:14
Greetings earthlings!

Anyone know a wild spot close to Styall Mill NT place?

Thinking of going to spend a weekend there, but it is a bit close to civilisation!!

sasquatch
16-01-2010, 04:03
Greetings earthlings!

Anyone know a wild spot close to Styall Mill NT place?

Thinking of going to spend a weekend there, but it is a bit close to civilisation!!
Also a bit close to the prison and Manchester Airport.

boltonlad
16-01-2010, 11:56
Yes, very true.
Didn't fancy parking at the end of the runway, or in the Prison yard - though thinking about it, might not be too bad an idea. Could be quiet.

rebbyvid
16-01-2010, 12:09
there is a car park on right heading towards Wilmslow just after prison that a lot of walkers use ,you could try that.If not head towards Chelford sure you will find somewhere there.
Rob

Canalsman
16-01-2010, 13:30
There's a long, set back, tree shaded layby on the A5102 between Dean Row and Woodford on the left.

5320'00N, 211'10W

I haven't tried it, but I've driven past it often.

boltonlad
16-01-2010, 19:18
many thanks to both of you for the information. I will have a look at them if we can manage to get away next weekend - if I can get her to refuse to work!!

ajs
16-01-2010, 19:36
Yes, very true.
Didn't fancy parking in the Prison yard -

is that because ...you would never get out alive...:eek::eek::eek::eek:

regards :rolleyes:
aj

rebbyvid
16-01-2010, 20:54
There's a long, set back, tree shaded layby on the A5102 between Dean Row and Woodford on the left.

5320'00N, 211'10W

I haven't tried it, but I've driven past it often.
Its quite close to the Deanwater Hotel not sure whether its their entrance rd if so could get a bit of traffic on it
Rob

Canalsman
16-01-2010, 22:48
Its quite close to the Deanwater Hotel not sure whether its their entrance rd if so could get a bit of traffic on it
Rob

True - but it's a wide bit of road, and most of the hotel traffic uses the direct entry/exit at the northern end of the layby.

channa
16-01-2010, 23:25
Styal My ears pricked up at this one :D

I knew it was near to Manchester Airport I love me aeroplanes.. ( airport hotel a good venue for drinkies and getting blow fried by a cfm 56 )
Any wildies here is good by me.

I spent last night at the side of Doncaster Runway wilding....great fun. This morning watching young uns falling off their motorcross bikes ...ouch !!!

And the hound got to walk and chase the occasional rabbit...

Channa

Canalsman
17-01-2010, 16:23
True - but it's a wide bit of road, and most of the hotel traffic uses the direct entry/exit at the northern end of the layby.

I drove through the layby today.

The southern end furthest away from the hotel entrance will be fine.

The layby certainly isn't used for hotel access. It's in poor repair and has some quite significant potholes - beware.

There's another layby at Adlington on the A523 just north of Macclesfield.

5319'19N, 28'01W

Not as quiet as the one above - but it is set back from the road, and benefits from an immediately adjacent pub that serves food.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS