PDA

View Full Version : Any south of Birmingham.....

busydaffodil
16-01-2010, 15:48
Any south of Birmingham wild camping meets planned this month??

Itching to get out there and be shown the ropes. Soooo many questions that would look VERY stoopid typed here! lol

Polly
16-01-2010, 15:52
Hia
If you have a question that you feel may sound stupid you ask as I do might not get the right answers but as long as you don't take it personally you will be ok ;););););)

zeezee16
16-01-2010, 18:40
Any south of Birmingham wild camping meets planned this month??

Itching to get out there and be shown the ropes. Soooo many questions that would look VERY stoopid typed here! lol
If you have a question, no matter how stupid, I'm sure AJ will be able to answer it ok.
ZZ

ajs
16-01-2010, 18:57
If you have a question, no matter how stupid, I'm sure AJ will be able to answer it ok.
ZZ

lizzydaftasbill... i'm a wiz with daft questions... infact, i walk hand in hand with them:D

so... you wana meet then do you...:rolleyes:

anytime before the 27th and it will have to be on my drive :eek:

regards:rolleyes: :o
aj

maingate
16-01-2010, 19:10
Just a reminder busydaffodil and all the other members on here.

If you are driving through Worcester:

Watch out for pedestrians. :D:D

ajs
16-01-2010, 19:39

bastid :mad:

regards:p
aj

busydaffodil
16-01-2010, 21:24
lizzydaftasbill... i'm a wiz with daft questions... infact, i walk hand in hand with them:D

so... you wana meet then do you...:rolleyes:

anytime before the 27th and it will have to be on my drive :eek:

regards:rolleyes: :o
aj

We're looking to go for an overnight on sat 30th somewhere. Oh's birthday!
Honestly....we're REALLY stupid.
Example.
Camper parked up for 5 weeks due to xmas, then snow. Got it out of 1 foot of snow today after using a starter charger. Took it for an hour drive, got it home. Leisure battery dead. Hooked it up to mains electric & its "tweeting".
Theres this charger box inside the cupboard....how does it all work!

Told you! Now I look stoopid!

We cannot work the satellite dish, dont know where the cables go. The water & waste is a mystery to me...and at this rate, we'll be carrying a water butt with us!

Now I look REALLY Stoopid! lol

ajs
17-01-2010, 00:25
Example.
Camper parked up for 5 weeks due to xmas, then snow. Got it out of 1 foot of snow today after using a starter charger. Took it for an hour drive, got it home. Leisure battery dead. Hooked it up to mains electric & its "tweeting".

We cannot work the satellite dish, dont know where the cables go. The water & waste is a mystery to me...and at this rate, we'll be carrying a water butt with us!

be aware... i've been at it for 2 years now and still can't get a picture :eek:

if we ever do get together it will be a riot :eek:...but we will then need some intelligencer to extricate us :D

regards:rolleyes:
aj

Kontiki
17-01-2010, 08:28
Theres no such thing as a stupid question, you might however get stupid answers as not everybody knows everything & there are differences of opinion. I've been motorhoming for well over 20 years & before that camping & caravanning but still don't know much.

Thinking of getting one of these stickers
http://shop.neatorama.com/avactis-images/warning-retiree-l_0.jpg

:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

We want to get away for a weekend to check we have everything we need for our Portugal trip next month. Probably going on a MCC rally on 29th - 31st this month. 3 a night & about ten minutes from home (or hal an hour if I use the satnav.

busydaffodil
17-01-2010, 08:35
I do like that sticker!

MCC - is that the manchester show? Thats rather too far for us for a 1 night birthday party stop, being as southern wales as you can get (10 mins from the severn bridge)

Kontiki
17-01-2010, 08:45
Sorry no MCC is the Motorcaravanners Club, Motor Caravanners Club (http://motorcaravanners.eu) our local group is North West Midlands and North Wales Group (http://www.nwmandnw.org.uk/rallies.html)

Your local group would be South West Wales (http://www.swwmcgroup.org.uk/)

ajs
17-01-2010, 09:36

lizzydaftasbill.. just take it up to celtic manor.. park on car park and check into the hotel...:)

sorted :D

regards :rolleyes:
aj

busydaffodil
17-01-2010, 12:45
awww...thanks AJ.
Where do i get them to send the bill? :D

Great link Kontiki, thanks. Much appreciated.
A local (ish) group who look mostly normal! (will we fit in i wonder)!

Kontiki
17-01-2010, 14:28
We were a bit worried about joining a 'Rally' as we don't consider ourselves the rallying type, usually preferring to do our own thing. We have really enjoyed the rallies we have been on & made some really good friends. What you can do is just turn up at a rally anywhere around the country, you can choose if you want to get involved or just do your own thing nobody will force you to take part in the bingo & such like that usually goes on. We were only once forced (almost physically) to enjoy ourselves on a Scottish meet where they had a 'Beetle Drive' amongst other things, still don't know what we were meant to do & the whole thing ended up in chaos.

Just renewed my membership & took the option of paying the reduced cost for a five year subscription. You can just turn up a any of the rallies & join if you want at the time.

biggirafe
17-01-2010, 15:27

the best thing I have read on here for ages :D :D

biggirafe
17-01-2010, 15:33
Example.

Hi Are you realated to aj :confused: :D :D

Seriously even the 'Experts' on this forum have done some pretty dumb things at times and asked what some would consider stupid qustions I know I have, check out the Numpty thread :)

We are in Gloucester and would be happy to go out with you, If you have somewhere then great if not then we can probably think of a place.

Maybe some others will also join us, I'm sure AJ will be gaggin to get out for a night and a couple of whiskys as well :)

How long have you had the MH?, you sound new to it :)

ajs
17-01-2010, 16:26
Originally Posted by maingate http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/wild-camping-meets-gatherings/8413-any-south-birmingham-post83407.html#post83407)

the best thing I have read on here for ages :D :D

muckoooorfff the pair of yer.:p.... nasty nasty peeps that you are :D

aj

Pioneer
17-01-2010, 16:45
muckoooorfff the pair of yer.:p.... nasty nasty peeps that you are :D

aj

Yep, not very nice people mocking the inflicted:p
Aj may need to buy new shoes at the end of the month:D

regards,
Bill.

bigboack
17-01-2010, 16:55
Get up to keel on the 19-02-2010.Its only up the m5 and a bit of the m6, Get to meet a few of us. And ask as many questions as you can, But ask them early on as the more whiskey thats drunk depends on how silly the answer will be.:D:D

busydaffodil
29-01-2010, 18:19
I've just caught up on this thread.
Giggling like a fool.
Surely there could be no one as stoopid as me?
AJ - do I have alot to live up too then?

Yes - completely new to this, bought our van in November time. Its been snowed in, in the storage place for a month, in Blaenavon, who had over 2 foot of snow in the yard & no one to clear it.
Even my ickle 4x4 struggled but I eventually made tracks to get van out & home (after jump starting it)
Ever seen a 28 foot camper van skidding? OH had to "Drive" it out of the compound, which had melted to 1 foot of slush at the time, in tracks made by my old jeep. I watched on with interest & fear!!!

Randonneur
29-01-2010, 20:18
I've just caught up on this thread.
Giggling like a fool.
Surely there could be no one as stoopid as me?
AJ - do I have alot to live up too then?

Yes - completely new to this, bought our van in November time. Its been snowed in, in the storage place for a month, in Blaenavon, who had over 2 foot of snow in the yard & no one to clear it.
Even my ickle 4x4 struggled but I eventually made tracks to get van out & home (after jump starting it)
Ever seen a 28 foot camper van skidding? OH had to "Drive" it out of the compound, which had melted to 1 foot of slush at the time, in tracks made by my old jeep. I watched on with interest & fear!!!

Hi Busydaffodil,

For a first time how about spending a couple of nights in it parked outside your home? That way you can find out how everything works and have your home comforts to hand just in case.

A lot of people use a site for a first time out, I know we did. You have a hook up and all the facilities to hand if you need them, and you can find out about things in your own time.

Take your time and don't try to rush, if you have any questions just ask, we've all been where you are now.

Regards,

Dave.

busydaffodil
29-01-2010, 20:30
thanks Dave.

zeezee16
30-01-2010, 15:08
Get up to keel on the 19-02-2010.Its only up the m5 and a bit of the m6, Get to meet a few of us. And ask as many questions as you can, But ask them early on as the more whiskey thats drunk depends on how silly the answer will be.:D:D
LEEK, its LEEK, you person from the wrong side of the pennines.
I bet you cant get AJ to drink any of your Blackbush. See you there.
ZZ

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS