PDA

View Full Version : Forest of Dean overnite sat 30th jan

mrsBiggirafe
23-01-2010, 19:30
hi everyone..

im board of being stuck in the house at the weekend.....

anyone else fancy joining us in the forest of dean overnite on saturday the 30th of jan?

Nicole

ajs
23-01-2010, 20:09
hi everyone..

im board of being stuck in the house at the weekend.....

anyone else fancy joining us in the forest of dean overnite on saturday the 30th of jan?

Nicole

you just want my body don't yer eh.. eh...:rolleyes:
yer do don't yer... i can tell :eek:

regards:o
aj

i might give in to yer wishes.. i'll see.. licence restored thursday insurance sorted..
so can't see many probs... apart from HID... she may object :eek::eek::eek::eek:

biggirafe
23-01-2010, 20:13

aj

i might give in to yer wishes.. i'll see.. licence restored thursday insurance sorted..
so can't see many probs... apart from HID... she may object :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Perhaps an odd thing but why not bring her with you :D We can do a walk on the Sunday

mrsBiggirafe
23-01-2010, 20:40

aj

nah you can keep your body to yourself... :rolleyes:

why not bring your misses with you and we can finally meet her...

Nicole

Telstar
23-01-2010, 21:09
I don't think there is a Mrs AJS, its just a story. If she does exist, perhaps she would like to attend the Hayfield opening meet when a certain other gentleman will be bringing his better half:eek: to his own 60th celebration.....

Jon

kangooroo
23-01-2010, 21:13
Very tempting. I'd provisionally arranged to go to Pembrokeshire then for my first trip of the year - but if I don't manage it then I'm interested (even though it is only 20 minutes from home!!)

ajs
23-01-2010, 22:05
nah you can keep your body to yourself... :rolleyes:

why not bring your misses with you and we can finally meet her...

Nicole

day time only in that case... she has to get back every evening.... :confused:
before the sun goes down :eek:

regards :rolleyes::D
aj

biggirafe
24-01-2010, 07:32
day time only in that case... she has to get back every evening.... :confused:
before the sun goes down :eek:

regards :rolleyes::D
aj

OK, well maybe she could drive down Saterday in her car and we do a big spagbog or summit and then she can leave you in the forest or perhaps join us Sunday morning for the walk and lunch :)
Its up to you we don't don't do long walks now because of Allison, she's getting to heavy now so maybe its too far to be worth the hastle :)

ajs
24-01-2010, 10:21
OK, well maybe she could drive down Saterday in her car and we do a big spagbog or summit and then she can leave you in the forest or perhaps join us Sunday morning for the walk and lunch :)
Its up to you we don't don't do long walks now because of Allison, she's getting to heavy now so maybe its too far to be worth the hastle :)

:eek:... hid's a coeliac...Coeliac UK (http://www.coeliac.org.uk/) and she hates driving... :confused:
she wouldn't come that far on her own:o... hard init eh :rolleyes:

nope.. for the day or me on my tod for the weekend... :p
hummmm ... need to think about this 1 :D

regards;)
aj

biggirafe
24-01-2010, 11:23
Very tempting. I'd provisionally arranged to go to Pembrokeshire then for my first trip of the year - but if I don't manage it then I'm interested (even though it is only 20 minutes from home!!)

Only 20 miles for us as well, were lucky to be so close to such a great place. Your more than welcome to join us, let us know before Thursday so we can cook up a big pot of something :D

maingate
24-01-2010, 13:15
It will be Mrs biggirafe`s special stew. :)

Eye of Toad,
Leg of Newt
etc., etc

Just make sure there is not a full moon that weekend. :eek:

biggirafe
24-01-2010, 15:26
It will be Mrs biggirafe`s special stew. :)

Eye of Toad,
Leg of Newt
etc., etc

Just make sure there is not a full moon that weekend. :eek:

Ah you know her well, Her usual username on sites is Witchy :D

mrsBiggirafe
24-01-2010, 18:48
Ah you know her well, Her usual username on sites is Witchy :D

now now, stop giving all my secrets away..:D

i have no qualms about turning any of you into toads :cool:

Witchy, em i mean Nicole

Pioneer
24-01-2010, 21:27
Just knew there was something strange about you:eek:;)
Enjoy your trip.
Sorry can't join up, Scotland, Ribblehead and Leek coming up:D

regards,
Bill and Angie.

GillRuss
26-01-2010, 05:18
where about will you be stopping. Love the Forest and might stop longer

busydaffodil
26-01-2010, 10:56
We are looking for this weekend too and was really hoping a wild camp was arranged. It will be our first trip. We have no generator yet (guy in machine mart REALLY put us off Kippors so saving for a Honda now).
I work saturday AM so will be commuting in the afternoon.
So where, how, when and HELP! lol

ajs
26-01-2010, 12:31

what we need is mrs shortlongneck or the biglongneck to put up a map with an "X" marks the spot on it...:rolleyes:

what we get is anyone’s guess... could be a narrative that no one reads or it could be a set of map references
that are no use to man nor beast if you don't have the same maps... i.e. ..page 69 B4 D7 won't do.:p

or if we are really luck i may get a garmin file sent by e-mail.... ohhh i should be so lucky ...lucky lucky lucky :D

regards;)
aj

biggirafe
26-01-2010, 14:51

what we need is mrs shortlongneck or the biglongneck to put up a map with an "X" marks the spot on it...:rolleyes:

what we get is anyone’s guess... could be a narrative that no one reads or it could be a set of map references
that are no use to man nor beast if you don't have the same maps... i.e. ..page 69 B4 D7 won't do.:p

or if we are really luck i may get a garmin file sent by e-mail.... ohhh i should be so lucky ...lucky lucky lucky :D

regards;)
aj

yeah yeah, some of us have to go to work you know :)

I've cut and pasted a bit from the last time we were in the Forest. In short we got told off for getting locked in one of the car parks, we were told this was ok but it seems that whilst the 'contrators' who lock the gates are happy to lock you in the Forestry Commision guys are a bit more jobs worth. They gave us 2 places where overnight parking is tolerated but they are not locked. There is also a 3rd opposite Cannop Ponds which is just a large pull in off the road but perfectly acceptable.

We intend to start at the first carpark (link below) in the afternoon which is large and then as evening falls move to the second smaller carpark which is off the road and more sheltered. In the afternoon the smaller carpark is used by dog walkers and we may not find enough space and if we do we will restict others from getting in.

Thread from last time we went
Wildcamped at Connop Ponds, The Gate Locker came around at 5.30 and told us he was locking up but I asked if we could stay, He was cool and gave me a ticket with a number on it and informing me that there was a £50 charge to let us out or we had to wait until 8am. Normaly they put them on your window and he asked that if anyone asked me in the morning that I tell them we were out walking when he came around, Nice guy a contractor for the Forestry Commision.

About 9.30 a Forestry guy came around and he was not as nice but let us stay as the kids were asleep. He gave me a bit of a lecture about the signs saying it was locked at 5pm and that we should not be in there.

They both gave us some good info on where we could park without any problems, although they are open carparks we checked them out on the way home.

1. Opposite The Speach House
Speech House, Coleford, Gloucestershire GL16, United Kingdom - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=Speech+House,+Coleford,+Gloucestershire+GL16,+Un ited+Kingdom&sll=51.046809,-4.129794&sspn=0.110295,0.308647&gl=uk&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=FcF-FgMdSg7Z_w&split=0&hq=&hnear=Speech+House,+Coleford,+Gloucestershire,+Uni ted+Kingdom&ll=51.809252,-2.547348&spn=0.00339,0.009645&t=h&z=17)
2. By the Cyril Heart Arboretum
forest of dean arboretum - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=forest+of+dean+arboretum&sll=51.809252,-2.547348&sspn=0.00339,0.009645&gl=uk&g=Speech+House,+Coleford,+Gloucestershire,+United+ Kingdom&ie=UTF8&cd=1&hq=arboretum&hnear=Forest+of+Dean,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.803702,-2.54966&spn=0.001612,0.004823&t=h&z=18)

mrsBiggirafe
26-01-2010, 14:58

regards;)
aj

mark will be sorting out where we are staying as i only know the car parks as "that one there" which is no good to anyone :D:D:D:D:D:D

hopefuly M will be posting it up tonite.

Nicole

biggirafe
26-01-2010, 15:00
mark will be sorting out where we are staying as i only know the car parks as "that one there" which is no good to anyone :D:D:D:D:D:D

Nicole

Doh, look up :D

mrsBiggirafe
26-01-2010, 15:39
Doh, look up :D

it went up there seconds after you had posted your reply :p

N

ajs
26-01-2010, 16:01

Nicole

well tell him no choices.. either ors' of may be's....
just 1 single meeting place will do...:rolleyes:

... and if it's crap with no centrally heated pool (with lounge) and nowhere near a pub
and no hook ups and no water and no sheet disposal... then i aint cummin. :(

regards :D
aj

biggirafe
26-01-2010, 16:10
yeah yeah, some of us have to go to work you know :)

I've cut and pasted a bit from the last time we were in the Forest. In short we got told off for getting locked in one of the car parks, we were told this was ok but it seems that whilst the 'contrators' who lock the gates are happy to lock you in the Forestry Commision guys are a bit more jobs worth. They gave us 2 places where overnight parking is tolerated but they are not locked. There is also a 3rd opposite Cannop Ponds which is just a large pull in off the road but perfectly acceptable.

We intend to start at the first carpark (link below) in the afternoon which is large and then as evening falls move to the second smaller carpark which is off the road and more sheltered. In the afternoon the smaller carpark is used by dog walkers and we may not find enough space and if we do we will restict others from getting in.

Thread from last time we went
Wildcamped at Connop Ponds, The Gate Locker came around at 5.30 and told us he was locking up but I asked if we could stay, He was cool and gave me a ticket with a number on it and informing me that there was a £50 charge to let us out or we had to wait until 8am. Normaly they put them on your window and he asked that if anyone asked me in the morning that I tell them we were out walking when he came around, Nice guy a contractor for the Forestry Commision.

About 9.30 a Forestry guy came around and he was not as nice but let us stay as the kids were asleep. He gave me a bit of a lecture about the signs saying it was locked at 5pm and that we should not be in there.

They both gave us some good info on where we could park without any problems, although they are open carparks we checked them out on the way home.

Speech House, Coleford, Gloucestershire GL16, United Kingdom - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=Speech+House,+Coleford,+Gloucestershire+GL16,+Un ited+Kingdom&sll=51.046809,-4.129794&sspn=0.110295,0.308647&gl=uk&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=FcF-FgMdSg7Z_w&split=0&hq=&hnear=Speech+House,+Coleford,+Gloucestershire,+Uni ted+Kingdom&ll=51.809252,-2.547348&spn=0.00339,0.009645&t=h&z=17)
forest of dean arboretum - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=forest+of+dean+arboretum&sll=51.809252,-2.547348&sspn=0.00339,0.009645&gl=uk&g=Speech+House,+Coleford,+Gloucestershire,+United+ Kingdom&ie=UTF8&cd=1&hq=arboretum&hnear=Forest+of+Dean,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.803702,-2.54966&spn=0.001612,0.004823&t=h&z=18)

Dunno why I bother :D Speech House Hotel is about 200 yards from both spots. I have to stress we have not wilded at either of these spots yet but can see no reason why it will be a problem, Both carparks are open and neither has any restrictions posted up.

ajs
26-01-2010, 16:20
Dunno why I bother :D Speech House Hotel is about 200 yards from both spots. I have to stress we have not wilded at either of these spots yet but can see no reason why it will be a problem, Both carparks are open and neither has any restrictions posted up.

here we go.. didn't i just know it... which friggin 1 then :mad::mad:

one of the traits of cummin from glosser... utter confusion :p

regards :rolleyes:
aj

biggirafe
26-01-2010, 16:25
One of the problems of comming from 'Black Country' you don't bother reading anything ;)

mrsBiggirafe
27-01-2010, 19:01
ok.. so we have....

AJS
Busydaffodil
GillRuss
Biggirafe/Mrsbiggirafe

anyone else?

Kangaroo, you joining us?

i was thinking of doing a big pot of spag' bog' for everyone in the evening, if someone else wants to do a big pot of spaghetti then im happy to do the bolognese....
any takers?

Nicole

kangooroo
27-01-2010, 19:11
I'm definitely interested. But.... just this afternoon, I received a message to say that I've won a prize in a photo competition and the final judging and presentation is at a Show in Harrogate on Saturday afternoon.

Now I'm torn between the two and which should win the toss - the Forest just 20 minutes away or North Yorkshire 4 hours away...??

biggirafe
28-01-2010, 04:40
I'm definitely interested. But.... just this afternoon, I received a message to say that I've won a prize in a photo competition and the final judging and presentation is at a Show in Harrogate on Saturday afternoon.

Now I'm torn between the two and which should win the toss - the Forest just 20 minutes away or North Yorkshire 4 hours away...??

Tough choice,
Have you got any photos on the web we can see?

ajs
28-01-2010, 09:35

value of prize v's value of fuel /time/havin alaarrrfff. :rolleyes:

no brainer... up norrrff it is then :D:D:D

regards:p
aj

kangooroo
28-01-2010, 11:52
Marc & Nicole: Unfortunately no photos online. It's a bunny photo to be judged at the Bradford Rabbit Show in Harrogate - the 2nd largest UK rabbit show. If she wins first prize then she gets 6 months feed, a year's subscription to 'Fur and Feather' (THE magazine for rabbit owners) and she'll be the 'cover girl' on the next edition. It might not sound much - but this is worth a lot to us!

AJ: Economically the trip itself isn't cost-effective but... I was due to visit my parents in Cheshire next month to delivery their Christmas prezzies (postponed due to earlier snow) and could combine it into a round-trip which somehow makes sense...

I'm very torn. It would be good to put faces to names - but will they be rabbit faces or human faces..?!

maingate
28-01-2010, 12:13
Rqabbit faces or people faces? :confused:

Same thing in PJ`s case. :D

kangooroo
28-01-2010, 12:17
Rqabbit faces or people faces? :confused:
Same thing in PJ`s case. :D

Putting faces to names - ie putting faces to the human motorhomers' names I've been corresponding with on this forum or ... meeting the photographed rabbits and their owners at the Rabbit Show in Yorkshire... ;)

K

ajs
28-01-2010, 12:35
Putting faces to names - ie putting faces to the human motorhomers' names I've been corresponding with on this forum or ... meeting the photographed rabbits and their owners at the Rabbit Show in Yorkshire... ;)

K

tell yer what wangarooo.. bring it to the meat... I’ll bring a pot :eek: :D

regards:rolleyes:
aj

hope it's betterer than whippet stew.. stringy was that...:rolleyes:

kangooroo
28-01-2010, 13:13
tell yer what wangarooo.. bring it to the meat... I’ll bring a pot :eek: :D

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss281/furrymob/87e54953-1.jpg

AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!

ajs
28-01-2010, 13:34
ok.. so we have....

i was thinking of doing a big pot of spag' bog' for everyone in the evening, if someone else wants to do a big pot of spaghetti then im happy to do the bolognese....
any takers?

Nicole

yehhhyehh memme pritty please mememmme.:p. can i do the spag please .. can i ...goooon.... can i :rolleyes:

aj

Norris
28-01-2010, 13:36
We used to overnight at Edge End but then it was suddenly locked all the time. Shame.

ajs
28-01-2010, 13:39
One of the problems of comming from 'Black Country' you don't bother reading anything ;)

is this friday night and satdee.. or just satdee??? :confused:

... friggin kids.. yer have to drag it out of em...:D

aj

biggirafe
28-01-2010, 14:26
is this friday night and satdee.. or just satdee??? :confused:

... friggin kids.. yer have to drag it out of em...:D

aj

Jus Sat night for us, Ok what time I hear you shout at me...

If its sunny or at least dry(ish) we will be in the first carpark by lunch at about 12-1, if its raining then a bit later 2-3pm :D

See nothing is easy when you have kids arn't you lot pleased you did it years ago and now all you have to do is laugh at us.

But don't let us stop you going Friday, the first carpark is on the 'Sculpture Trail' the stained glass window is at one end of the carpark. We can't walk the entire trail because of Allison being too small.
http://www.forestofdean-sculpture.org.uk/
http://www.awdt59.dsl.pipex.com/scan4.jpg

maingate
28-01-2010, 15:10
We used to overnight at Edge End but then it was suddenly locked all the time. Shame.
Why, what did you do Norris?

Did it include taking all your clothes off and dancing around a fire?

biggirafe
28-01-2010, 15:36
Why, what did you do Norris?

Did it include taking all your clothes off and dancing around a fire?

yes do tell :D

There are plenty of places you can park a single van just off the road but not so many places for 2 -3 vans to park un-noticed.

I've had a good hunt around the forestry websites and read/ reread the boards in the carparks and there are no restrictions as far as I'm aware in any of the carparks other than those which are locked at night, even those there is no mention of any restrictions other than if you get locked in and want to leave they will charge you a call out of £50 to open the gate.

busydaffodil
28-01-2010, 19:39
I'm desperately trying to arrange this weekend. Needing someone to come lock my chickens up on sat night & let them out in the morning!

Stew & Nugget could stay out all night but the fox would have them for sure!

We are aiming to join you guys though!

mrsBiggirafe
28-01-2010, 19:50
I'm desperately trying to arrange this weekend. Needing someone to come lock my chickens up on sat night & let them out in the morning!

bring them with you and thats tea sorted :D:D:D:D

Nicole

ajs
28-01-2010, 20:44
bring them with you and thats tea sorted :D:D:D:D

Nicole

roast chicken and rabbit stew.:cool::cool:.. no need for the spag then...:D

aj

kangooroo
28-01-2010, 21:14
Huh!

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss281/furrymob/0494586c.jpg

robert webber
28-01-2010, 21:17
Hi everyone, could you add us to your list to join you in the forest, this will be our first wild camp, just stay sat nite. Coming from Abergavenny. Look forward to meeting you. Rob & Annette:)

busydaffodil
29-01-2010, 05:01
hi Robert,
This will be our first wildcamp too (infact the first time we have motorhomed)

Seems we are just down the road from you in Torfaen.

ps - my chickens are the non edible variety until their laying days are over. I promise you can eat them when they stop laying, which will probably be in about 2012.

biggirafe
29-01-2010, 06:45
Hi everyone, could you add us to your list to join you in the forest, this will be our first wild camp, just stay sat nite. Coming from Abergavenny. Look forward to meeting you. Rob & Annette:)

:)
Good good, We will bring the makings of a big spagbog and AJ will be brining the Spagetti (spelling), your welcome to join us or bring your own food and join us or hide in the forest and eat nuts and berries:eek: up to you were easy :)

With this many we may have to stay in the large carpark just off of the main road, when I say main road this is the forest so expect 2 cars per hour after 9pm :D

So we have:

BigG Mrs and Kids
AJS
busydaffodil
Rob & Annette
Gill and Russ

and maybe Kangaroo

Thats a party :D :D

busydaffodil
29-01-2010, 07:17
the only downside......we have no generator....so no TV!
No reality TV! OMG how will i cope?

No internet yet (no dongle or blackberry)

But happy to have heating & a bed and friendly peeps around.

mrsBiggirafe
29-01-2010, 10:03
the only downside......we have no generator....so no TV!
No reality TV! OMG how will i cope?

No internet yet (no dongle or blackberry)

But happy to have heating & a bed and friendly peeps around.

lol.
bring a book... you know them things made out of paper with words in... :p

its looking like its gonna be a good nite

Nicole

mrsBiggirafe
29-01-2010, 10:04
Good good, We will bring the makings of a big spagbog and AJ will be brining the Spagetti (spelling), your welcome to join us or bring your own food and join us or hide in the forest and eat nuts and berries:eek: up to you were easy :)

With this many we may have to stay in the large carpark just off of the main road, when I say main road this is the forest so expect 2 cars per hour after 9pm :D

So we have:

BigG Mrs and Kids
AJS
busydaffodil
Rob & Annette
Gill and Russ

and maybe Kangaroo

WOT???? 2 cars per hour.. to noisy for me :p

Nic

kangooroo
29-01-2010, 11:02
So we have:
BigG Mrs and Kids
AJS
busydaffodil
Rob & Annette
Gill and Russ

and maybe Kangooroo

Hi

I'm sorry - after much contmplation, this time the rabbits win and I'm going to head up to Harrogate. This is a one-off event and by doing the belated Xmas prezzie run on the return leg, it frees up a full weekend for another jaunt in Feb instead.

Hopefully there will be another gathering in the Forest and as I'm just 20 minutes away then I hope to join you all then. In the meantime, have a great time, enjoy your feast, sleep well and I hope to meet you all next time.

K

ajs
29-01-2010, 11:05
Hi

I'm sorry - after much contmplation, this time the rabbits win and I'm going to head up to Harrogate. This is a one-off event and by doing the belated Xmas prezzie run on the return leg, it frees up a full weekend for another jaunt in Feb instead.

Hopefully there will be another gathering in the Forest and as I'm just 20 minutes away then I hope to join you all then. In the meantime, have a great time, enjoy your feast, sleep well and I hope to meet you all next time.

K

spagbog back on i see...:rolleyes:

regards
aj

Tigatigatiger
29-01-2010, 11:09

We are planning a long trip over the summer and we too keep chickens, my neighbours are lovely and will let them out etc. But as we plan to be away such along time-I though of taking them with us?

We only have two of them now, we still get an egg now and again. was planning to put them in dog crate and letting them out when we stop. The collie will herd them up when we are ready to leave-anyone took chickens with them motorhoming?

I have had all the comments off my hubby who is not convinced!

Paula

robert webber
29-01-2010, 12:43
hi Robert,
This will be our first wildcamp too (infact the first time we have motorhomed)

Seems we are just down the road from you in Torfaen.

ps - my chickens are the non edible variety until their laying days are over. I promise you can eat them when they stop laying, which will probably be in about 2012.

Hi busydaffodil we should be arriving about 1pm, look out for a white transit its a self build.Torfaen's not far, we are practicaly neighbours. Your chickens sound as if they are warrens, used to keep them myself.:)

kangooroo
29-01-2010, 15:51
But as we plan to be away such along time-I though of taking them with us?

We only have two of them now, we still get an egg now and again. was planning to put them in dog crate and letting them out when we stop. The collie will herd them up when we are ready to leave-anyone took chickens with them motorhoming?
Paula

I've seen all sorts of pets accompanying owners. Obviously I tend to keep an eye out for rabbits and have seen many on a lead and harness but I've also seen hamsters, guinea-pigs (in a run on the grass), caged budgies and canaries and a ferret on a lead and harness.

Chickens would be a first - but why not...?!! I would!

maingate
29-01-2010, 16:00
We used to take our African Grey Parrot with us. He loved it and entertained the campers as well.

busydaffodil
29-01-2010, 18:06
Hi busydaffodil we should be arriving about 1pm, look out for a white transit its a self build.Torfaen's not far, we are practicaly neighbours. Your chickens sound as if they are warrens, used to keep them myself.:)

Hi,
Ours is here...
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/busydaffodil/other%20vehicles/BbiDBzQB2kKGrHqMOKiEEq28hfS0BKweuN6.jpg

Look out for 2 lost souls who will be dreadfully nervous about their first van holiday!!
(and the horrid black dog)

We are loading Van as we speak.
Leaving about midday. I'm in work until 10am so have to shower, change & get the Cat stuff ready.

busydaffodil
29-01-2010, 18:10
Hi Campers!

Bearing in mind this is our first ever trip (excluding a 4 hour trip to porthcawl that was abruptly cut short due to a family emergency), what do we bring??

My list so far = Food, water, TOILET ROLL, gas, bedding, husband, dog,warm clothes.

Do we bring:-
seats for outside?
Firewood or a chainsaw to cut our own from the forest?

Any advice would be gratefully received!

wynthesurfer
29-01-2010, 18:22
Hi Campers!

Bearing in mind this is our first ever trip (excluding a 4 hour trip to porthcawl that was abruptly cut short due to a family emergency), what do we bring??

My list so far = Food, water, TOILET ROLL, gas, bedding, husband, dog,warm clothes.

seats for outside?

Just a passport :D

biggirafe
29-01-2010, 18:53
Hi Campers!

seats for outside?

Yep all that :)
Maybe not the chainsaw ;)

With regards to chairs, your ok where we are going many places where overnight parking is allowed frown on Chairs, tables etc as you are then camping and not parked :confused::confused: not that it should stop you but worth knowing.

channa
29-01-2010, 18:57
We are planning a long trip over the summer and we too keep chickens, my neighbours are lovely and will let them out etc. But as we plan to be away such along time-I though of taking them with us?

I have had all the comments off my hubby who is not convinced!

Paula

Congratulations this is the most obscure post I have ever seen !!! Brilliant btw.

I reckon theres nowt wrong with your theory, and sure the pooch will earn its keep.

Go for it and have fun

Channa

biggirafe
29-01-2010, 19:08
Oh yeah you might want to consider camouflage (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&hs=PKd&ei=7URjS-eFL4qI0wSHteHRBg&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CBYQBSgA&q=camouflage&spell=1) netting to hide the van :D

busydaffodil
30-01-2010, 05:09
off to work now.
Van all packed.
See you guys & Gals later.

Have done a route planner to the first car park.

cipro
30-01-2010, 13:11
Hope your wild meet is a success and you a not to cold:D

you could all bunk together:):D:D

kangooroo
30-01-2010, 15:49
Hi,
Ours is here...
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/busydaffodil/other%20vehicles/BbiDBzQB2kKGrHqMOKiEEq28hfS0BKweuN6.jpg

My Roo would look a bit lost next to your van....!

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss281/furrymob/24d110d7.jpg

ajs
31-01-2010, 12:37

back home safe and sound....:cool: 2 new couple peeps plus the longnecks....

.. the 2 newbees were from welsh wales ffs...:eek::eek::eek:

have yer notices how them welchies all look the same .. :eek:
and why have they all got 7 toes on each foot :rolleyes:

goodonyer to all turn up and... thanks fer drinkin me van dry :mad:
yer nastids :(

more later :D

regards :p
aj

zeezee16
31-01-2010, 12:41

back home safe and sound....:cool: 2 new couple peeps plus the longnecks....

.. the 2 newbees were from welsh wales ffs...:eek::eek::eek:

have yer notices how them welchies all look the same .. :eek:
and why have they all got 7 toes on each foot :rolleyes:

goodonyer to all turn up and... thanks fer drinkin me van dry :mad:
yer nastids :(

more later :D

aj
Oh my god, they havnt drunk all your water have they.
ZZ

mrsBiggirafe
31-01-2010, 14:26
home here too, all unpacked and tidyed away.

mark now under van playing with the nipples.. :D:D

thanks for a good nite guys, nice to meet newbies and diff faces and as ever thanks for the warm van and drinks AJ.

Nicole

bigboack
31-01-2010, 15:01
home here too, all unpacked and tidyed away.

mark now under van playing with the nipples.. :D:D

thanks for a good nite guys, nice to meet newbies and diff faces and as ever thanks for the warm van and drinks AJ.

Nicole

So he let you in his van did he, It must be a midlander thing cos he made me stand outside all night.I nearly died of pneumonia but his whisky is all right.
:D:D

robert webber
31-01-2010, 15:03
Hi guys glad to see you all got home ok. Nice to meet you all. Thanks to you all for looking after us. We did enjoy ourselves, good laugh. Thanks AJ for saying nice things about us (ha ha) you said you would, you are a man of your word. And i'm a man of mine i'm saying good things about you to lovely jayne. Hope our paths will cross again soon. Rob n Net.:p

busydaffodil
31-01-2010, 15:28
Home, unpacked & chickens collected from their little holiday too.

Bob & Dog now fast asleep on the sofa.

See you all soon xx

ajs
31-01-2010, 15:40
Hi guys glad to see you all got home ok. Nice to meet you all. Thanks to you all for looking after us. We did enjoy ourselves, good laugh. Thanks AJ for saying nice things about us (ha ha) you said you would, you are a man of your word. And i'm a man of mine i'm saying good things about you to lovely jayne. Hope our paths will cross again soon. Rob n Net.:p

now then, llloookyou, is it, .... :confused:jane who:rolleyes:...:eek:.. next time eh :D

roll-on march then.. isit, now then, llloooookyou..:rolleyes:

aj

robert webber
31-01-2010, 15:55
now then, llloookyou, is it, .... :confused:jane who:rolleyes:...:eek:.. next time eh :D

roll-on march then.. isit, now then, llloooookyou..:rolleyes:

aj

talk tidy mun rob:p

ajs
31-01-2010, 16:12

was a bit of a lafff though wasn't it.... heeheehe:D

right peeps in the right place at the right time... awesome :D

aj

i wana know who the hek has been into welshwales and taught the taffs the art of banter....man, lookyou, init, nowthen....:confused:

a.. he was brave to attempt it and :eek:
b.. he did fine job :D

biggirafe
31-01-2010, 16:20
I think everyone has said everythig :D

Fantastic place with nice people, what more could anyone want, were looking forwards to the next one, lets make it soon :)

ajs
31-01-2010, 16:37
I think everyone has said everythig :D

Fantastic place with nice people, what more could anyone want, were looking forwards to the next one, lets make it soon :)

friggin amazing... no one has said anything purposefully or specifically to generate a "thanks" :eek:
...juat goes to show who the real peeps are eh...:D

don't you friggin dare you lot... ok... no... don't do it... ahhhhh:p

aj

robert webber
31-01-2010, 17:03
friggin amazing... no one has said anything purposefully or specifically to generate a "thanks" :eek:
...juat goes to show who the real peeps are eh...:D

don't you friggin dare you lot... ok... no... don't do it... ahhhhh:p

aj

you r just out to cause trouble I CAN TELL THANK YOU;)

biggirafe
31-01-2010, 18:10
A couple of photos from the weekend,
Sat night was well below freezing, -6 or maybe a bit less. The water froze in our waste pipes under van.
http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/biggirafe/2010/January/snow023.jpg

No comment on this one at all. Speechless :D
Liz standing, Rob and Annettes self build in the foreground, Bob and Lizzes MH in the background.
http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/biggirafe/2010/January/snow027.jpg

We fed the birds, AJ finks I'm a sad :)
http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/biggirafe/2010/January/snow022.jpg

Next time I'm gona take a gun, bet I could butcher a sheep in the van, might get a bit messy though.
http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/biggirafe/2010/January/snow020.jpg

bigboack
31-01-2010, 19:15
looks like a good spot and I bet you had fun. Hope you left AJ with some whisky as hes hosting at Leek:rolleyes:.Counting the days, My damp problem is nearly sorted so will be back on the road soon.:D:D

biggirafe
31-01-2010, 19:31
looks like a good spot and I bet you had fun. Hope you left AJ with some whisky as hes hosting at Leek:rolleyes:.Counting the days, My damp problem is nearly sorted so will be back on the road soon.:D:D

Apparently we left him with nuttink, I can't remember, its strange for no reason whatsoever the last couple of hours at AJ's van are a complete mystery to me :confused::confused:

zeezee16
31-01-2010, 19:35
Apparently we left him with nuttink, I can't remember, its strange for no reason whatsoever the last couple of hours at AJ's van are a complete mystery to me :confused::confused:
I bet they were very cold too, tight git never puts the heating on.
ZZ

ajs
31-01-2010, 20:22
My damp problem is nearly sorted .:D:D

a change of underpants sorted it then...:cool::cool:

regards
aj

i had a fiver on you fallin fer the "thanks". :p.. numpty...:D

ajs
31-01-2010, 20:25
Hope you left AJ with some whisky as hes hosting at Leek:rolleyes:..:D:D

alllll gone..:rolleyes:

regards :(
aj

.. looks like your hosting then eh...:D

ajs
31-01-2010, 20:28
you r just out to cause trouble I CAN TELL THANK YOU, SEE HERE, NOW THEN ISN'TIT, LOOK YOU;)

yeh... what he said :rolleyes:

aj

bigboack
31-01-2010, 20:38

I know that feeling well.:D:D

ajs
02-02-2010, 14:22

some one turned up in a sharabang....

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/forest%20of%20dean%2030-1-10/IMGP3458.jpg

twas the daftasbills... pair onem… and a doggy thingee

told them it was tooooo big and that they ought to think seriously about doin a swap with me.

here she is tryin te blag a cup of sugar.... friggin novices eh... forget the sink if it wasn't fixed in :rolleyes:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/forest%20of%20dean%2030-1-10/IMGP3453.jpg

now then… the other nooobies... mr and mrs nobwurtheather...
in something they made the other day having watched an episode of blue peter….:p

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/forest%20of%20dean%2030-1-10/IMGP3461.jpg

obviously it was to the amusement of all and sundry… so everyone had to try and get in to have a looksee…

mrs daftasbill first...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/forest%20of%20dean%2030-1-10/IMGP3455.jpg

then the long necks came runnin... bigun first...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/forest%20of%20dean%2030-1-10/IMGP3456.jpg

followed by the shortun...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/forest%20of%20dean%2030-1-10/IMGP3459.jpg

so i thought I’d stick me nose in fer a laugh.. but the little leekie shot up out of his seat... never seen a taff move so fast.. all a blur he was
turned out all he wants was my picture and autograph...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/forest%20of%20dean%2030-1-10/IMGP3457.jpg

ahhwell…he’s good with a tool so he may come in useful someday

regards:D
aj

biggirafe
02-02-2010, 18:23
Nice photo's Andy but this one is still better :D
http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/biggirafe/2010/January/snow027.jpg (http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/biggirafe/2010/January/snow027.jpg)

ajs
02-02-2010, 18:38
Nice photo's Andy but this one is still better :D

yer only jealous cus your legs aint up to showin orrrfff :D

regards:rolleyes:
aj

sexy eh...:confused::eek:

maingate
02-02-2010, 18:46
Hey Mark,

Who is the old tramp in the shorts?

Did he pester everybody or did you chase him?

kangooroo
02-02-2010, 18:53
[FONT=&quot]
sexy eh...:confused::eek:

Truly ravishing!

I'm sorry I missed out on it all... :'o(

biggirafe
02-02-2010, 19:14
Hey Mark,

If only he was wearing shorts :eek:
He just appeared out of nowhere about 10am. It took me ages to coax the kids back out of the van after he had left.

I thought the wild boar were the most frightening sight in the forest :eek:

ajs
02-02-2010, 21:02
Hey Mark,

shorts :confused:... friggin shorts :confused:... thems fer puffters :p

aj

robert webber
02-02-2010, 21:50
Hi Aj brilliant our sides are sore from laughing:D, we know in future to keep the door shut when you are about. Oh and by the way put some trousers on you'll attract the squirrels :D:D . Film director my arse.

PS: Great pictures MR & Mrs Giraffe.:)

ajs
02-02-2010, 22:51
Hi Aj brilliant our sides are sore from laughing:D, we know in future to keep the door shut when you are about. Oh and by the way put some trousers on you'll attract the squirrels :D:D . Film director my arse.

PS: Great pictures MR & Mrs Giraffe.:)

so.. where are you pics then eh.:confused:. cumon cecilfleedesill.. show em :rolleyes::p

regards:D
aj

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS